EliLA

US Visa Interview with a 221G Administrative Processing Result

128 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Elizabethlh said:

They make it so confusing . Now, What does that mean ? 

Do they have your passport.?

Yes, they kept my passport since the interview date, 6/14/19. I read somewhere a response by @Greenbaum, that the second AP means that the Non-Immigrant department is working on issuing the visa. Does this mean it was approved? Not sure.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Gomast said:

Yes, they kept my passport since the interview date, 6/14/19. I read somewhere a response by @Greenbaum, that the second AP means that the Non-Immigrant department is working on issuing the visa. Does this mean it was approved? Not sure.  

Yes! Very good sign ! Wait for it to change to issued :) :) 

1 hour ago, Gomast said:

Nothing is approved until you have the visa in your hands.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

35 minutes ago, Elizabethlh said:

Last email from embassy 

After I sent an email to them letting them know we left the embassy with and AP and without reason given . 

Do you have a question?

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
On 6/27/2019 at 4:19 PM, Elizabethlh said:

The letter states the petition is incomplete. Then says it is under administrative processing and it could take up to 60 days.

No additional documentation was asked for ,after giving them what they asked for before they called us to interview window .. ( birth certificate , copy of passport , divorce decree, affidavit along with supporting documents, and beneficiary packet prepped by US consulate in Havana pre document check)

I’m still in Guyana where interviews are taking place for Cubans. I’m planning to go to embassy tomorrow and speak to an American with authority see if I can do anything while I am still here 

I am so sorry this is the end result for you I am in the same horrifying situation exactly as you are. Seven months later absolutely nothing!! We had our interview 1/4/19 same exact scenario. We were told we’re approved then Officer when to the back came back with 221G letter saying everything will resolve in 3 business days. I waited went back to make an inquiry we were not allowed beyond the front gate so frustrating. The entire process takes a toll on you. Best of luck to you both. The hardest thing I had to do once again is to leave my husband. We found out later on we were pregnant and because of this stressful situation I ended up losing our baby. God knows best. From all of my research I am thinking I will need a wavier but still waiting. Guyana is so freaking corrupted it’s unbelievable. The Government is at chaos right now; hopefully that doesn’t affect your end result!! Stay positive my dear..

Edited by WORRIEDSPOUSE

Timeline
On 7/3/2019 at 5:16 PM, Greenbaum said:

Do you have a question?

I asked them if they could tell me the reason why we were in AP . Since we left the embassy with no information. I guess they don’t have to answer me, right ? 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Your'e up against a governmental agency that will use throughout this process, the less information we provide the less information we have to defend.  They don't have the time to get into a argument with an applicant.  It's  not productive. They have their guidelines and more times then not the applicant's approach is usually emotional.  I see it here all the time on VJ. Ppl believe they are entitled to a visa because ____________. Fill in the blank. Ppl are waco with their demands. I have to take the side of USICS, NVC and the Embassy. It's their process,  and it works. Give them what they want, and if you are not a "bad guy" wanting to do harm to the US, there is a very reasonable chance you'll get your visa. JMHO

Thank you. You are completely right 

42 minutes ago, WORRIEDSPOUSE said:

I am so sorry this is the end result for you I am in the same horrifying situation exactly as you are. Seven months later absolutely nothing!! We had our interview 1/4/19 same exact scenario. We were told we’re approved then Officer when to the back came back with 221G letter saying everything will resolve in 3 business days. I waited went back to make an inquiry we were not allowed beyond the front gate so frustrating. The entire process takes a toll on you. Best of luck to you both. The hardest thing I had to do once again is to leave my husband. We found out later on we were pregnant and because of this stressful situation I ended up losing our baby. God knows best. From all of my research I am thinking I will need a wavier but still waiting. Guyana is so freaking corrupted it’s unbelievable. The Government is at chaos right now; hopefully that doesn’t affect your end result!! Stay positive my dear..

This piggybacks onto what I had explained to @Elizabethlh. First, let me say that I am sorry for the lost of your baby. I have experienced the same and for a male we don't always understand the emotion that a women who just lost her baby is feeling.  There is a certain bond between a mother and a child. I hope you find peace and your able to move forward with your family plans.

The one thing that I have learned throughout this process (I have been helping people to get a visa going on 5 years), and I'm singing from the highest mountains, that "the man who has the gold makes the rules". It is as simple as that. If you give them what they want, and you have no intensions of doing harm to the USA you'll probably get your visa. In this entire process, they never promise you a date when they will finish what they are responsible for. The only thing that promise you is a YES or NO answer. That's IT!

The US Embassy in Guyana is not in chaos, but the Guyana government maybe. I can't speak to that. But, the Guyana government has nothing to do with your US visa. Again, I say give them what they want and wait for your approval. This is not about your timetable, it's about theirs. Just my humble opinion.

I wish you all the best on the remainder of your visa journey.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 6/27/2019 at 8:43 PM, Jorgedig said:

That isn't how that usually works.  Most embassies do not accept walk-in appointments regarding consular services.

Our embassy will not even let the USC in to ask questions when a visa is denied 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
2 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

Our embassy will not even let the USC in to ask questions when a visa is denied 

You can email the embassy and ask them what is the reason. It could take a few attempts but they will send you some type of response explaining the reason for the denial. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Just now, Gomast said:

You can email the embassy and ask them what is the reason. It could take a few attempts but they will send you some type of response explaining the reason for the denial. 

some embassies do not provide a denial reason for a K1 just mark the 221g

but in this case ,   they have not yet been told denied (as far as my reading of the post takes me)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.