EliLA

US Visa Interview with a 221G Administrative Processing Result

128 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

Application is incomplete can mean multiple things. The best time to discuss the 221g that he handed to you was right there at his window so you would have more clarification. Well maybe and maybe you won't see a supervisor. They avoid meeting with applicants because I am sure it is emotional for the beneficiary and they just don't want to get into a confrontation.

Go see what you can find out is the only suggestion but be prepared that you won't meet with anyone.

I walked out in shock , I did not see that coming. I didn’t asked anything, I regret it. I feel like they wouldn’t have said anything though . If it was paper work missing they would’ve probably mentioned that . I think it could be more like my past marriage, applying for a green card , I have no kids with my ex whom I was with for 13 years. Or my fiancé being the son  of a someone who works for the Cuban government . I honestly don’t know . I’m just throwing some stuff out their that I could think of. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, Elizabethlh said:

The letter states the petition is incomplete. Then says it is under administrative processing and it could take up to 60 days.

No additional documentation was asked for ,after giving them what they asked for before they called us to interview window .. ( birth certificate , copy of passport , divorce decree, affidavit along with supporting documents, and beneficiary packet prepped by US consulate in Havana pre document check)

I’m still in Guyana where interviews are taking place for Cubans. I’m planning to go to embassy tomorrow and speak to an American with authority see if I can do anything while I am still here 

Same thing happened  to me and  they email me that they cant issue my visa but my case still show administrative processing while they return my passport and documents

4 hours ago, Elizabethlh said:

I’m planning to go to embassy tomorrow and speak to an American with authority see if I can do anything while I am still here 

That isn't how that usually works.  Most embassies do not accept walk-in appointments regarding consular services.

Timeline
40 minutes ago, Faisal1 said:

Same thing happened  to me and  they email me that they cant issue my visa but my case still show administrative processing while they return my passport and documents

41 minutes ago, Faisal1 said:

How long have you been in AP?  They returned his passport but not documents 

Timeline
Just now, Elizabethlh said:

How long have you been in AP?  They returned his passport but not documents 

My case is kind of sameas yours. Also i was in Ap for a month and then they email me that they aren't giving visa and my case is still in AP. But they return documents. Now i am planning to get married and file for cr1 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

Same thing happens to me on 6/14/19. 221g pertaining missing W-2s that I was able to print later on a computer I found at the embassy. Unfortunately the interview was already over. They took the W-2s. They kept my passport. Administrative processing. 

My fiancée was also super worried, and the next day she came to visit me in my country. We went to the embassy again, without an appointment. I was surprised they let her in, but inside they were not thrilled to answer her questions. Mainly because they didn’t have answers yet. They explained that this process would take more time, and that now it’s being reviewed and being sent to Washington. 

Then on 6/26/19 my status changed to ready. We’re still not sure in what direction  everything is going and we’re just trying to be  patient, hopeful, and to enjoy each other’s company during this short visit. 

Edited by Gomast

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Gomast said:

Same thing happens to me on 6/14/19. 221g pertaining missing W-2s that I was able to print later on a computer I found at the embassy. Unfortunately the interview was already over. They took the W-2s. They kept my passport. Administrative processing. 

My fiancée was also super worried, and the next day she came to visit me in my country. We went to the embassy again, without an appointment. I was surprised they let her in, but inside they were not thrilled to answer her questions. Mainly because they didn’t have answers yet. They explained that this process would take more time, and that now it’s being reviewed and being sent to Washington. 

Then on 6/26/19 my status changed to ready. We’re still not sure in what direction  everything is going and we’re just trying to be  patient, hopeful, and to enjoy each other’s company during this short visit. 

We just have to be patient :( 

I wish they would’ve told me what was missing if that was the case 

Timeline
57 minutes ago, Gomast said:

If its gone from ap to ready then soon it will go to ap and then it will change to non immigration application and issued.. its normal you ill hve ur visa soon

Timeline
2 hours ago, Faisal1 said:

If its gone from ap to ready then soon it will go to ap and then it will change to non immigration application and issued.. its normal you ill hve ur visa soon

I am wondering, after your interview, were you on AP continuously or at some point before the denial you were on “ready”?

When I called the embassy, they told me that “ready” means they have made a decision which will be sent to me soon, and it could be an approval or a denial. But in the forum people believe that “ready” means it’s going to be approved. 

Timeline
Just now, Gomast said:

I am wondering, after your interview, were you on AP continuously or at some point before the denial you were on “ready”?

When I called the embassy, they told me that “ready” means they have made a decision which will be sent to me soon, and it could be an approval or a denial. But in the forum people believe that “ready” means it’s going to be approved. 

No its always Ap when the deny you as mine it was Ap from the start there is no ready in my case they just email me and told me that they unable to issue me visa. My case still in AP. Also when its change to ready its mean they approved you and will change to AP and then again it will go to issue.. also your application change from immigrant visa to non immigrant. When you track it on the top it normally show immigrant but after it will show non immigrant. Just one more week for you wait be patient 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Gomast said:

Thank you so much! I really hope that your cr1 will get approved quickly. We’re sending you all the best wishes 😊

Thanks its again a long journey but not hard for me i wont give up. Thank you and good luck hope you get your visa soon 

*** Friendly reminder to keep the postings clean.

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
3 hours ago, Gomast said:

Not necessarily that after ready the visa will be issued soon,  I have been on ready status for 4 weeks, case updates at least twice a week,  it was AP first week then after ready so total 5 weeks so far, called them every week with same answer that if they needed any extra papers they would have contacted me and that I have to wait.  

Hope you guys will get something sooner but it's always better to be realistic. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Adam A said:

Not necessarily that after ready the visa will be issued soon,  I have been on ready status for 4 weeks, case updates at least twice a week,  it was AP first week then after ready so total 5 weeks so far, called them every week with same answer that if they needed any extra papers they would have contacted me and that I have to wait.  

Hope you guys will get something sooner but it's always better to be realistic. 

Thank you for sharing the insight. It’s hard to know what to expect, so it’s good to know all the directions that our case might go. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.