EliLA

US Visa Interview with a 221G Administrative Processing Result

128 posts in this topic

I want to tell my story and maybe someone has had something similar or if someone can give me some news on how long the wait is.

I am currently in Cuidad Juarez with my husband. We came for the interview this week July 2019. I filed i601a for him, me being his petitioner.

During his interview, they asked him where I was, to which he replied "outside or in the hotel waiting for me".

I was luckily outside waiting.

They asked him to bring me to the interview. His documents were good and he had everything!

But once I got there they made me fill out paperwork and made me do an oath that everything stated was truthful, to which it is.

Then they gave my husband the 221g form because they suspect about......... my citizenship.

I am a US citizen and am appalled that they suspect of me being a fraud. Just because I was born with a midwife in the 90's. BUT MY WHOLE FAMILY ARE CITIZENS.

They gave me an email to which I have to send MY proof of citizenship. NOT through the DHL.

So I'm wondering if anyone has had a similar case as me?

If so, how long did the administrative processing take?

1 hour ago, BrendyLee said:

I am a US citizen and am appalled that they suspect of me being a fraud. Just because I was born with a midwife in the 90's. BUT MY WHOLE FAMILY ARE CITIZENS.

They gave me an email to which I have to send MY proof of citizenship.

Why are you surprised by this?  Of course they have to confirm citizenship for anyone trying to petition an immigrant.  It does not mean they are accusing you of fraud.  Did you originally submit a certified copy of your birth certificate from the county where you were born?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, BrendyLee said:

They gave me an email to which I have to send MY proof of citizenship. NOT through the DHL.

If so, how long did the administrative processing take?

I happen to be a midwife. In Texas. This happens a lot actually. I get two to three requests per year from children or parents of children who were born at home trying to obtain a passport or even RENEW a passport they already have and they are told that their birth certificate from the state of Texas isn't enough proof.  The federal government demands a certified copy of the birth records as well.

It seems to happen more often to people who have a Hispanic last name or who have one parent who is from a foreign country. And ONLY to those who were born at home or in a birth center in Texas.   This all started years ago when some midwives on the border falsified birth records.

Get a certified copy of your birth records from the midwife who attended your birth and make sure you have the long form of your birth certificate.  Do it quick because birth records only have to be kept until the baby turns 21 (in Texas).  The midwife may still have them. 

If you have those two things you should have the proof you need.

Edited by Mococatx

I-129F packet sent = 06/15/2018

I-129F NOA1 = 06/21/2018

RFE = 12/19/2018

RFE response = 01/12/2019

I-129F NOA2 = 01/19/2019

NVC received = 02/14/2019 ♥️

Embassy received = 03/07/2019

Interview = 05/07/2019  Requested more documents.  Returned beneficiary's passport to him. Submitted documents 6/3/19. Email received saying they were received.

Emailed Consulate = 08/02/2019 asking about visa. Received email stating they had never received the documents. Sent documents again. 

Phone call from consulate = 08/07/2019 saying they were approving the visa. Fiancé has to send them his passport. 

Passport returned to consulate (in person) = 

Visa received = 09/05/2019

Entry into USA = 10/24/2019

Married = 11/23/2019

AOS sent =

3 hours ago, BrendyLee said:

Then they gave my husband the 221g form because they suspect about......... my citizenship.

Depending on the particular midwife/location/timing, this is normal. There was recently a couple cases of a midwife's spouse that falsified hundreds of birth certificates (over many years) in order for people to claim US citizenship. Something likely triggered the extra review. Try not to take it personally...they're doing extra checks due to the fraud of others.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

On 8/1/2019 at 7:41 PM, Jorgedig said:

Why are you surprised by this?  Of course they have to confirm citizenship for anyone trying to petition an immigrant.  It does not mean they are accusing you of fraud.  Did you originally submit a certified copy of your birth certificate from the county where you were born?

I am surprised by this because they should have done all background checks on me before they even made an appointment for my husband to leave the country. He went to his interview and had all of his documents. Maybe if I was white with blue eyes they wouldn’t have focused their attention on me. I am in desperate need as I am pregnant with our first baby and didn’t expect this to happen. 

Timeline

So we had sent our additional documents June 4 and I received an email stating they were received

We heard nothing from them and I waited the 60 days (that I read about somewhere but don't remember where now) and contacted them asking if there was anything else needed and when we might expect an answer.

They replied saying that they never received the documents.  🤦‍♀️

Resent the documents last Friday, received another email saying they were received Monday and got a phone call from them today saying they were getting ready to approve the visa.  My fiancé has also received an email asking that he send in his passport to receive the visa.  He insists on hand delivering it!  lol

So two months of waiting for nothing, basically, but everything is finally resolving!  No more :pop:Now we can :dance:!

I-129F NOA1 = 06/21/2018

RFE = 12/19/2018

I-129F NOA2 = 01/19/2019

Interview = 05/07/2019  Requested more documents.  Returned beneficiary's passport to him. Submitted documents 6/3/19. Email received saying they were received.

Emailed Consulate = 08/02/2019 asking about visa. Received email stating they had never received the documents. Sent documents again. 

Phone call from consulate = 08/07/2019 saying they were approving the visa. Fiancé has to send them his passport. 

Married = 11/23/2019

AOS sent =

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

Awesome! One step closer. ❤️  

28 minutes ago, Mococatx said:

So we had sent our additional documents June 4 and I received an email stating they were received

We heard nothing from them and I waited the 60 days (that I read about somewhere but don't remember where now) and contacted them asking if there was anything else needed and when we might expect an answer.

Resent the documents last Friday, received another email saying they were received Monday and got a phone call from them today saying they were getting ready to approve the visa.  My fiancé has also received an email asking that he send in his passport to receive the visa.  He insists on hand delivering it!  lol

So two months of waiting for nothing, basically, but everything is finally resolving!  No more :pop:Now we can :dance:!

Awesome! One step closer. ❤️  

1 hour ago, Mococatx said:

Where did you send your documents through? An email or DHL? And when you called, which number did you call? 

Timeline
28 minutes ago, BrendyLee said:

Where did you send your documents through? An email or DHL? And when you called, which number did you call? 

I sent them via email and I contacted them via email. I didn't call them.

I-129F NOA1 = 06/21/2018

RFE = 12/19/2018

I-129F NOA2 = 01/19/2019

Married = 11/23/2019

AOS sent =

Timeline
13 hours ago, BrendyLee said:

Ok thanks. I’ve sent them extra documents through email too and I haven’t heard of them receiving it... they gave me up until August 13 to provide more documents so I am wondering if they’ll notify me then. 

I wouldn't wait until that deadline. I would contact them as soon as possible to make sure they received the documents.  I happened to be dealing with the consulate in Brazil.

I-129F NOA1 = 06/21/2018

RFE = 12/19/2018

I-129F NOA2 = 01/19/2019

Married = 11/23/2019

AOS sent =

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline
On 6/27/2019 at 3:28 PM, Elizabethlh said:

Sorry it’s on Spanish so I’m trying to translate “ solicitud está incompleta ” means  “Application is incomplete” 

In the US visa world, "solicitud" is better translated as "application", referring to the visa application and not the petition; petition would generally be "peticion".  (Just adding this as general info for future concerns.)

Edited by jan22

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hey guys,  my fiance had the interview  8/22at the embassy in Haiti. Together for 7 years, visited 2 times due to school and financial reasons,The  consular officer told him why I visited only 2 times. CO had placed us on AP and requested a dual interview. I'm waiting for an interview date from the embassy. anyone had a similar experience? What to expect from dual interview? 

4 minutes ago, Anna J1920 said:

What to expect from dual interview? 

Expect to be separated and asked the same questions. As for what the questions will be, nobody knows as it varies based upon the CO, evidence provided, and circumstances.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
4 minutes ago, geowrian said:

Expect to be separated and asked the same questions. As for what the questions will be, nobody knows as it varies based upon the CO, evidence provided, and circumstances.

Oh ok! Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.