Fornbey

A few questions regarding CR1 (merged topics)

56 posts in this topic

Hey y'all, I just wanted to ask if submitting an I-130a helps as additional info on the beneficiary's part or if its completely unnecessary since the beneficiary is overseas.

Also, my wife is pregnant and is awaiting a child, and we plan on submitting the I-130 package before she gives birth, do I have to notify anyone on this? any letters? Would I add ultrasound photos of our baby into the package?

When she does give birth and it is in the middle of our case being handled will it affect the case in anyway?

Thank you in advance for any help I can get! 

Kind Regards Fornbey :) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

hi

it doesn't matter where the beneficiary is, it is an obligation to file the i130 when it's a spousal visa. the i130 and i130A are filed together or you will get an RFE. the baby isn't counted as a person until he or she is born. so you will count it at the nvc stage and add the child on the information and send the birth certificate. and it will affect the case because you will need to fill out he affidavit of support and make enough money for a household of 3.

If you are a US citizen, maybe consider giving the child citizenship and getting a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CBRA). 

And if I were you, I would probably include it along with my I-130 package as of now. Just a photo and that you are expecting the child on XXX date and as a citizenship you will be reporting the birth or something. 

Once the child is born, consider the CBRA because it took us a month to get my son US citizenship in Switzerland.

Hope this helps? :)

Thanks for the help guys, How do I count it in at the NVC Stage? Do I just Email the NVC the birth certificate and the child info? 

And is there a speficifc income requirement for a household of 3? We are getting sponsored so will that affect or change the rules of income requirements?

Thanks again for the help :)

12 minutes ago, HuberKimFamily said:

If you are a US citizen, maybe consider giving the child citizenship and getting a Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CBRA). 

And if I were you, I would probably include it along with my I-130 package as of now. Just a photo and that you are expecting the child on XXX date and as a citizenship you will be reporting the birth or something. 

Once the child is born, consider the CBRA because it took us a month to get my son US citizenship in Switzerland.

Hope this helps? :)

Thanks for the help guys, How do I count it in at the NVC Stage? Do I just Email the NVC the birth certificate and the child info? 

And is there a speficifc income requirement for a household of 3? We are getting sponsored so will that affect or change the rules of income requirements?

13 minutes ago, aleful said:

hi

it doesn't matter where the beneficiary is, it is an obligation to file the i130 when it's a spousal visa. the i130 and i130A are filed together or you will get an RFE. the baby isn't counted as a person until he or she is born. so you will count it at the nvc stage and add the child on the information and send the birth certificate. and it will affect the case because you will need to fill out he affidavit of support and make enough money for a household of 3.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi! My husband submitted the I130 for me in October while I was pregnant and we added to the peckage US images of the baby as well and a letter with the expected due date (March 19) as a proof of marriage bonafit. 

We both are overseas, did CBRA in the Brazil consulate and it took 2 weeks to my daughter get the US citizienship and passport.  All the instructions are on the website of your country US consulate.

Where do you live? 

11 minutes ago, Nath_Nik said:

Hi! My husband submitted the I130 for me in October while I was pregnant and we added to the peckage US images of the baby as well and a letter with the expected due date (March 19) as a proof of marriage bonafit. 

We both are overseas, did CBRA in the Brazil consulate and it took 2 weeks to my daughter get the US citizienship and passport.  All the instructions are on the website of your country US consulate.

Where do you live? 

I live in Denmark, My wife is the US Citizen, When your child was born did you send any additional info? Or did you just leave it as it is?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Fornbey said:

I live in Denmark, My wife is the US Citizen, When your child was born did you send any additional info? Or did you just leave it as it is?

No, I didn't. I don't think it would rush or make any difference in the process anyway. Regardless I would recommend you to add the baby info in your submission. 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
1 hour ago, Fornbey said:

If you are eligible to pass your citizenship to your baby once born overseas, you do the CRBA thru the US embassy, no involvement with NVC.

If CRBA isn’t applicable, you have to file a new i130 for the baby like you did for your spouse thru USCIS, can’t simply add the baby at NVC stage.

As for i130A for spouse, it is a requirement not a choice.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

I believe the threshold for a family of three to be 125% above poverty line is 26K...

I was looking into this too because we are a family of 3. Luckily you are being sponsored so no worries there I believe???

Honestly taking the CBRA road for your child is A LOT easier than trying to do the I-130 for your child. :)

If your wife plans on giving birth in Denmark, just apply for his or her Denmark birth certificate (get an international one). Have your wife try to gather evidence that she is a USA citizen and the fact that she lived in the USA. I used my university transcripts.

Fill out the form. :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
21 minutes ago, HuberKimFamily said:

I believe the threshold for a family of three to be 125% above poverty line is 26K...

I was looking into this too because we are a family of 3. Luckily you are being sponsored so no worries there I believe???

Honestly taking the CBRA road for your child is A LOT easier than trying to do the I-130 for your child. :)

Not only that, but if the child is eligible for us citizenship they are ineligible for a visa 

YMMV

Hi everyone, I just have a few questions  regarding the CR1, any help is much appreciated!

1: I am getting sponsored, Do I put that in the I-130 package somehow? or is that a different stage? (Do you mail it at a later time?) Same with Tax Returns of that sponsor.

2: On average how long does an affidavit of support have to be?

3: My wife is pregnant and we plan her giving birth in the US, besides adding ultrasound and baby info in the I-130 package, is there anything else I need to be wary of?

4: I heard somewhere you might have to take an American History test or an American knowledge test for the interview or at some stage, is that still valid and if so what do I have to study for?

Again, any help is much appreciated, and thank you to all of you who take the time to help other folks!

Kind regards Fornbey :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

You should stufy the guides section of this web site. https://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1/

1.  Financial support evidence comes at the NVC stage.

2.  Read the guides

3.  How will she give birth in the US? The CR-1 process is 12-18 months from filing to visa in hand.  

4.  Not true.

I think you have gotten some very bad information.....READ the GUIDES!!!!!  Good luck......

Edited by missileman

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

The CR-1 process demands a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and money.....good luck......

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

37 minutes ago, missileman said:

You should stufy the guides section of this web site. https://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1/

1.  Financial support evidence comes at the NVC stage.

2.  Read the guides

3.  How will she give birth in the US? The CR-1 process is 12-18 months from filing to visa in hand.  

4.  Not true.

I think you have gotten some very bad information.....READ the GUIDES!!!!!  Good luck......

Hi Missileman, thanks for the reply.

To clarify my wife is the US Citizen so she will give birth in the US, I am the beneficiary.

I will however read the guides, thanks for the tip!

And thank you for your service :)

I plan on joining the Army the moment I have my CR1 approved!

Kind regards Fornbey :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.