Pseudo_

US now seeking social media details from all visa applicants?

35 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Falcon Cara said:

Well, I wonder how that works?

I have about 10 phone numbers in the Philippines in the last few years, Who know what they were since you just get a new phone number for less than $1, and last month when I entered SIMS cards are free when you buy talk time.

Facebook or other social accounts, who uses a real name? No one that I know.  

i use my name

my husband uses his name

literally all of our friends use their real names.

i havent had 10 phone numbers in my life. neither has my husband. maybe 10 COMBINED, from childhood to adulthood.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have been trying to read all the approved interviews from the Philippines and I have not yet seen anyone who stated that they were asked to give access to their social media accounts. We communicate every day and at least 3 times a day through Facebook messanger..good luck wading through months and months of that.

15 minutes ago, Aviculture1 said:

I have been trying to read all the approved interviews from the Philippines and I have not yet seen anyone who stated that they were asked to give access to their social media accounts.

You won't hear about it if the DS160/DS260 has already been completed.  New visa applicants are being asked on the online forms.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Here is a better news source

https://fox17.com/news/nation-world/us-now-seeking-social-media-details-from-all-visa-applicants

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

You won't hear about it if the DS160/DS260 has already been completed.  New visa applicants are being asked on the online forms.

Good to hear, have my interview this Friday. Hate to think this might delay us a little bit. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Great...something else to slow the already slow process.

6 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Oh, wow!  We used to have them in Seattle.  Fun place to go as a kid!

Some of them even come with cat sized rats for your entertainment...(my own personal Philippines Shakey's experience)...

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
10 minutes ago, boris64 said:

Some of them even come with cat sized rats for your entertainment...(my own personal Philippines Shakey's experience)...

Sounds more like LA.

https://www.latimes.com/local/california/la-me-lopez-skid-row-rats-trash-20190601-story.html

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Aviculture1 said:

Great...something else to slow the already slow process.

One more reason to stay away from those sites that suck your privacy right out of existence

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

I'm glad to hear this won't affect current DS160's. I've waited long enough just to be able to book an interview so I could do without any further delays!

Also, sorry admin. I started a thread when I couldn't find any recent ones - I must have missed this one!

8 hours ago, Falcon Cara said:

Using real FB names must be Western thing, cuz I know many girls in Philippines and majority have fake names on FB or may use only their first or middle name and then some other fake names.  It pretty silly to use a real name on FB in my opinion, t just asking for trouble

My experience is the opposite, actually. While uncommon, I know some people in the US who use a fake name on FB. Most are teachers who don't want students looking them up. I can't think of any Filipinos using a fake name off-hand. A few use a nickname for their given name, but even that is a minority. 🤷‍♂️

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

11 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

Wait, what?  Where do you live that there still exists Shakey’s Pizza?

Philippines is loaded with them, several American food chain names are bought and kept open there

19 minutes ago, Randyandyuni said:

Philippines is loaded with them, several American food chain names are bought and kept open there

Do they have Arctic Circle?  We used to have those, too.  Closest one is on Oregon Coast.

10 hours ago, debbiedoo said:

i havent had 10 phone numbers in my life. neither has my husband. maybe 10 COMBINED, from childhood to adulthood.

In Philippines, you loose your phone then you lost your phone number.  Your sim card goes bad then you lost your phone number.  I travel to Philippines about 2 times per year and spend a month each trip, Once I enter at airport I get load (Prepaid credit) and new SIM card with a new phone number, Sim is like $1 USD after about 6 month if you keep your sim card active it no longer works.  And last month you got a free sim card when you buy load.

I am in USA I have had many Phone numbers here,  Used to be if you had a cellphone you couldn't keep your number if you changed carriers, now of days you can.

As of right now I carry 3 cellphone, two of them I change the number on a regular basis from my prepaid account, I use them for work to chase down deadbeat who don't want to pay, and I have the phone untraceable.

ChickBoy