Halo Bule

My Indo wife was denied twice for tourist visa

79 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Halo Bule said:

@Boiler yes , she will not give up. We will try again at almost $300 usd per application . Maybe a few more visa stamps will help and a job locally in a Indonesia. I had hoped it would be a yes this time so she could meet my parents. ... yes I think I had everything backwards 

$300?

B2 application fee is a standard 160, and she doesnt need an agent for this. Fairly straightforward application.

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

hi,

Sorry for the denial. Unfortunately, this denial is not something that is uncommon.

And there is no sponsorship for B2 visa. Your wife needs to qualify on her own.

The CO may not be convinced that your wife will not overstay due to the strong ties she has in the US (you).

But reading up your post, she seemed truthful, so that is a very good thing. And she is welcome to apply again in the future. DS-160 is still $160 per application. Non- immigrant visa denials will not affect future immigrant visa application, fyi.

my suggestion is for her to travel abroad more if yall have the time and money for vacay, then re-apply next year?

Good luck. Salam.

Timeline

So this is my final thought and correct me if I am wrong.

1. We mentioned my wife’s 26 yo daughter to the OC thinking she was still a tie because she will get married soon and have grandkids for us to want to be around. My wife talks of this all the time.

The community advised us that this is quite opposite. She is 26 so she can take over The business vehicles and any properties. So this proves my wife is not needed to be present for the company. Which I believe is false . Nobody can run the business like she can. She takes great pride in this business that she built with her sweat and blood which is very difficult for as a single mother  in Indonesia! But I understand their thinking now. My income gives her the freedom to not work and just stay in USA but the thing is .... I do  not want to stay in USA so then what? We only want to visit USA once ... not multiple, not to live.... just to visit my parents and say goodbye after we visit Statue of Liberty and the golden state bridge ... maybe show her my old neighborhood ... that’s it!

2. I work in USA 3 to 5 months a year so my wife doesn’t need to work?  Even though I only work 5 months tops during hail season my wife could decide to stay in the USA especially since we are already married and living together. 

So I will have to find a job in Indonesia  or build a mobile company so I can work anywhere ?

Next time we apply I will not have a job in the USA but my own online business tied to her business.

3. She only left the country once so she needs to enter and exit more countries to show she has no intent to stay anywhere but Indonesia.

How many exit and re entrieswould she need ?

Edited by Halo Bule

42 minutes ago, Halo Bule said:

@Boiler yes , she will not give up. We will try again at almost $300 usd per application . Maybe a few more visa stamps will help and a job locally in a Indonesia. I had hoped it would be a yes this time so she could meet my parents. ... yes I think I had everything backwards 

Huh? A visa application fee is $160.

also, an online business isn’t a tie because by definition it can be done from anywhere.

Edited by SusieQQQ

34 minutes ago, Halo Bule said:

@WeGuyGal yes your right $160... we didn’t use anyone we’ve done everything ourselves up to this point including my visas here in Indonesia .

There is a mention of an agent in the initial post

I-751 journey

Timeline

Yes already edited that @SusieQQQ

The cost for non-petition based visas is 160.00 USD. This fee is valid for several types of nonimmigrant visas, including, but not limited to:

Edited by Halo Bule

US visitor visa applications from developing countries with high fraud rates are a manure-shoot with results as close to random as it can get. You can do everything right and not get the visa. In my opinion it is not worth agonizing over what you did wrong although some may think differently. There are people with her very same profile who got approved and many who got denied.

You can have her travel to UK, Canada, Australia and every developed country in the world and she could still get refused after reapplying. But of course the $160 application fee is not much and may mean nothing to you.

Edited by Just Observing

44 minutes ago, Just Observing said:

US visitor visa applications from developing countries with high fraud rates are a manure-shoot with results as close to random as it can get. You can do everything right and not get the visa. In my opinion it is not worth agonizing over what you did wrong although some may think differently. There are people with her very same profile who got approved and many who got denied.

And an important factor for that is the blame that lies because a high(er) number of b2 visitors from those countries 'forgot' to return home. 

I-751 journey

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I wonder what the internet is for, maybe just to play games, seems not many people use it do do any kind of research, or is this the result of the 3 R not being taught in schools.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.