2,108 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
5 hours ago, Liflead said:

Congratulations! :)

Thank youuuu!

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

Filed: Other Timeline
5 hours ago, Valmabe said:

Hi, does any one know if there is a time limit to adjust status from a K1 visa, after marriage? someone on the process asked me about that, I`m curious now.

Theres no written rule about the time limit to file but after their I94 expires they will be out of status until they do. That means they can get a visit from ICE at any point or be detained for being out of status. There's been a few horror stories here already of both of those scenarios so I would suggest to them that they file as soon as possible.

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

5 hours ago, Loo1 said:

Any who picked the option on the EAD application for SSN, how long did it take for you to get your SSN after EAD approval?

I did but I didn’t receive anything after my EAD. My husband and I have to go to our local SSA so I can get one. We went there last Friday and I have received my SSN today.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
6 hours ago, Southern_Belle07 said:

I did but I didn’t receive anything after my EAD. My husband and I have to go to our local SSA so I can get one. We went there last Friday and I have received my SSN today.

I had a feeling I would have to go in. Did you have any issues when you went in? What did you need to provide? 

6 hours ago, Loo1 said:

I had a feeling I would have to go in. Did you have any issues when you went in? What did you need to provide? 

Just the SSN application form and EAD card, passport or birth certificate.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
On 11/14/2019 at 10:56 AM, Loo1 said:

No, it saying we needed do to another medical even though my medical is in date, we haven’t been able to get an clarity on it at all. I just decided fo chance it with an expedite request and to be completely honest, the luck we’re having with this entire process, I didn’t think it would be granted 

Hey I asked the immigration officer at the end of my green card interview about this issue. He said you just have to do another medical exam (even tho I emphasize it is valid). He explained that there might be error they found on the record. 

Also, I have a question. If you are traveling out of US using EAD/AP, while you are traveling, your green card got approved and sent to your mailing address. If I know it correctly, your EAD/AP will be invalid when green card is approved, will you have problem entering the US??? What do you do to explain the situation to the customs?

Thank you! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
58 minutes ago, paulmit said:
On 11/14/2019 at 10:56 AM, Loo1 said:

Hey I asked the immigration officer at the end of my green card interview about this issue. He said you just have to do another medical exam (even tho I emphasize it is valid). He explained that there might be error they found on the record

As far as I was concerned, mine was fine, from what I saw, everything was marked, hence my complete and utter rage at this whole situation. 
This was further confirmed by the doctor who re did my medical, I brought what I had with me to show her, the paper work, the X-ray disc etc. She basically said she didn’t know why I was there, as far as she was concerned everything I gave her was in date and complete. It annoyed me more having to pay her to re do it all! 
The joys of immigration! They were also really nice and sent me the tracking number for my EAD/AP card after it got delivered today! 
Good luck with your new medical! 

2 hours ago, Southern_Belle07 said:

Just the SSN application form and EAD card, passport or birth certificate.

Thanks for that! :) 

On 11/18/2019 at 12:40 PM, celie&joseph said:

They had a power outage so they were running behind today but yes the interview lasted about 10-15 min. It went... okay. Idk why I wasn't impressed but I wasn't. The IO didnt ask for any of the documents. He didnt even go through our pics. He asked how we met etc, if he had met my family and if I met his, then he asked for a pic of our wedding. He took just the 1 pic... didnt look at any of the others. He then asked about his job history and asked if we had any bills to prove bonafides. He took a copy of our lease agreement and that's it... didnt look at anything else. Then he said he has to update the changes in our file tonight and if everything we said was truthful (for some reason came out like a weird choice of words to me) he would have his green card in 2 weeks.

Then an hour later we got a status update to "Interview is Completed and Case Must be Reviewed" 😥 so idk where we stand right now. We are kinda bummed.

P.S. he also took his EAD card which REALLY sucks because now he has no way to prove he can work or travel and we dont know how long this "review" takes. Overall, I'm more stressed now than when we went in. 

that does not inspire confidence in me about the interviewer either.

what did you bring to prove bonafides? we are currently in the middle of trying to renew and add her to the lease but my apartment manager is a doofus and it is taking way longer than it should have

funny thing is i dont expect we will ever get an EAD since we just got scheduled for interview status today, so i am actually a bit apprehensive since it seems to be going VERY fast. we filed in Sept

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
22 hours ago, Loo1 said:

Any who picked the option on the EAD application for SSN, how long did it take for you to get your SSN after EAD approval?

Mine SSN came with EAD and AP approval Notice today No EAD card yet and it says card delievered in my mail and AP only shows approved

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

We had our interview yesterday in Chicago. We waited for about an hour and a half before we were seen, it was a very long wait. The interview itself was about 20-25 mins. First we were put under oath. She asked to see originals of our birth certificates, our marriage license and asked if we wanted to add additional documents to the file. She asked how we met and when, when we met each other’s families and when we started living together. The officer was nice and made us feel at ease. At the end of the interview she gave us a letter that said our case is under review and they’d contact us if additional information is needed. She also said we should expect to hear back within 2 weeks.

Our case status hasn’t updated but hopefully will soon! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 11/18/2019 at 10:23 AM, Liflead said:

Hi Friends,

We filed my AOS along with I-765 and I-131 on May 30th and it's been 5 months 19 days since then.

The last update was "Ready to schedule for an interview" on October 9 which is more than a month back.

We also placed a request to expedite our I-765 and send the documents more than a month back but no update on that too.

Our field office is Denver, CO. On VJ, I saw people with similar timeline as ours and some who filed in June either already completing their interview or at least having an interview date which is nearing and we still neither have an EAD nor an interview date. Its getting frustrating now. I get their weird thoughts that they have lost our documents or doing it purposely.

Whenever we call them they just give us the update that on the website. We also talked to the tier 2 officer but still no use. 

I wanna ask for suggestions on what are the options that I can try to investigate on my case status.

Have received your EAD?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.