2,108 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 hours ago, Andruha said:

Just checked informed delivery. Have 3 envelopes from USCIS coming in. Aos sent 5/20/19 by regular mail. Package delivered 5/23/19. Text confirmations 5/30/19 at 12:30am. Informed delivery showing envelopes 6/3/19. 

•  

My AOS was sent 5/22/ 2019 and still have not gotten a text message or letter  so as usual still waiting for something to confirm they are working on our case.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Ryanmaria2018 said:

My AOS was sent 5/22/ 2019 and still have not gotten a text message or letter  so as usual still waiting for something to confirm they are working on our case.

How did you guys send the package? We sent through regular mail with tracking. It got to Chicago on 5/23. Plus i used A credit card authorization form. So depending on that times may vary. But you should get yours any day now. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Andruha said:

How did you guys send the package? We sent through regular mail with tracking. It got to Chicago on 5/23. Plus i used A credit card authorization form. So depending on that times may vary. But you should get yours any day now. 

I sent mine just like yours through priority mail with a tracking number so the Chicago lockbox got it 2 days later. I did send 2 money orders 1 for 1,000.00 and the other 225.00. So Really hope to hear something by this week.

Filed: Other Timeline

Such a good mail day today! We received his social security card, all his NOA1s (received date 5/24; notice date 5/29), and medical insurance card. All on the same day lol now hes almost set! We will try to go next week to the DMV and see if we can get a state ID for him. Hopefully we don't get too much hassle!

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

Timeline

Hello all!

Just checking in and wishing all of us the best of luck--- we filed our AOS, EAD AP forms last Friday, May 31 via Fedex--- they received it June 3 and hope to get our NOA soon. Thanks for all the support here! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hi all, glad to find this thread. We sent our package on May 23, delivered on May 25 and just today (Jun 4, 2019) I receive text message that they have received our cases on May 31. Got 3 case numbers. When I check the case number online, for AP and EAD the website says that they have received the cases. But for I-485 it says, "FINGER FEE RECEIVED" and "On May 31, 2019, we accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status,..."

, but y guess is they will change the status when they transfer the case to USCIS local office. Does anyone have the same status?

K1 Visa

04/23/2018 - Mailed I-129F package to Dallas, TX

04/25/2018 - NOA 1 (old website)

04/30/2018 - Electronic NOA 1 (new website)

05/04/2018 - Received NOA 1 Hardcopy in mailbox (Notice Date : 04/30/2018)

11/06/2018 - NOA 2 via text message and old website

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm getting a little worried because we haven't gotten our biometrics appointment yet..... Our NOA1s are dated for May 13 (AP/EAD) and May 15 (AOS).  Should I be worried?  Anyone else in the same boat?  Thanks!

2 hours ago, tirzajogja said:

Hi all, glad to find this thread. We sent our package on May 23, delivered on May 25 and just today (Jun 4, 2019) I receive text message that they have received our cases on May 31. Got 3 case numbers. When I check the case number online, for AP and EAD the website says that they have received the cases. But for I-485 it says, "FINGER FEE RECEIVED" and "On May 31, 2019, we accepted the fingerprint fee for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status,..."

, but y guess is they will change the status when they transfer the case to USCIS local office. Does anyone have the same status?

We have the same status also. I've been reading about it and some stay on that status until the interview is scheduled.

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

Citizenship:

Hey Y'all, quick update on those of you who have males coming in on K1 visas...

We were a bit confused on the situation with Selective Service because he turns 26 on July 26th and his I-94 expires July 29 so I called the SSA to double check. Turns out K1 visa immigrants should sign up before their I-94 expires but are exempt from signing up if they turn 26 before it expires. However, he said it can complicate things if we go that route because he will have to keep an I-94 with him forever and at most jobs he will apply to they will run a check to see if he signed up for it and if he didn't, he will need to show them the waiver letter from the SSA. Then, in order to get that letter he has to submit all his proof of why he didn't register to the SSA so they can produce it and he will have to carry that letter the rest of his life.

So... idk lol we were gonna mail it anyway but I wanted to clear up what were the options and those are it for any of y'all who were also wondering.

Spoiler

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

Citizenship:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello all, thanks for all the messages, they really help to be patient  :) our AOS docs were received on May 31st, we sent a check that has not been cashed, so I am hoping to receive news this week.

By the way, I went to the SSA and filed for SSN and two weeks later a letter arrived in the mail stating that USCIS couldn't verify the documents I provided which was basically my K1 visa, my passport and my I94, so they could not issue a SSN and / or card :( bummer, I really wanted to start with getting driver license and medical insurance, I know I have to wait for the EAD to start working but anyways, it was odd because we got married since April 27th, so not sure why USCIS could not find my information.

K1 Visa

NOA1: 04/20/2018

RFE: 10/15/2018

NOA2: 11/08/2018

Interview date: 04/02/2019

Visa issued: 04/04/2019

POE: 04/04/2019 (El Paso, TX)

Wedding date: 04/27/2019

AOS

1. Package sent to USCIS : 05/29/2019
2. Package received by USCIS : 05/31/2019
3. Service Center reviewing : PHOENIX, AZ
4. FingerPrint notice sent :  06/21/2019
5. FingerPrint notice scheduled : 07/08/2019

6. RFE letter (legal birth certificate): 07/23/2019
7. AP/EAD Text/Email approval : 07/27/2019
8. AP/EAD Physical cards mailed : 08/01/2019
10. Interview was scheduled: 11/22/2019
11. I-485 approved : 12/04/2019
12. GC card mailed : 12/11/2019

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

jus a silly question I am wondering :)

does that matter how v have printed these AOS form...for eg..is it need to b printed only on one side leaving the other side blank or can we print the form on both the sides of paper ?

i filled up and printed all the forms..n while doing final review i realized i hav printed forms in both the side of paper...

44 minutes ago, Lulu De la Mora said:

Hello all, thanks for all the messages, they really help to be patient  :) our AOS docs were received on May 31st, we sent a check that has not been cashed, so I am hoping to receive news this week.

By the way, I went to the SSA and filed for SSN and two weeks later a letter arrived in the mail stating that USCIS couldn't verify the documents I provided which was basically my K1 visa, my passport and my I94, so they could not issue a SSN and / or card :( bummer, I really wanted to start with getting driver license and medical insurance, I know I have to wait for the EAD to start working but anyways, it was odd because we got married since April 27th, so not sure why USCIS could not find my information.

How long after your arrival did you go to the social security office?

Spoiler

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

Citizenship:

1 hour ago, Knome said:

jus a silly question I am wondering :)

does that matter how v have printed these AOS form...for eg..is it need to b printed only on one side leaving the other side blank or can we print the form on both the sides of paper ?

i filled up and printed all the forms..n while doing final review i realized i hav printed forms in both the side of paper...

USCIS doesn't have a set rule on this but most people I've seen advise to do it single sided since they have to scan  your entire file into their system and double sided pages makes extra work for them.

Spoiler

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

Citizenship:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

@celie&joseph I went to the SS office one month and a half after I arrived to the U.S. 

K1 Visa

NOA1: 04/20/2018

RFE: 10/15/2018

NOA2: 11/08/2018

Interview date: 04/02/2019

Visa issued: 04/04/2019

POE: 04/04/2019 (El Paso, TX)

Wedding date: 04/27/2019

AOS

1. Package sent to USCIS : 05/29/2019
2. Package received by USCIS : 05/31/2019
3. Service Center reviewing : PHOENIX, AZ
4. FingerPrint notice sent :  06/21/2019
5. FingerPrint notice scheduled : 07/08/2019

6. RFE letter (legal birth certificate): 07/23/2019
7. AP/EAD Text/Email approval : 07/27/2019
8. AP/EAD Physical cards mailed : 08/01/2019
10. Interview was scheduled: 11/22/2019
11. I-485 approved : 12/04/2019
12. GC card mailed : 12/11/2019

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.