changbaihou

Processing Times (I-751/I-751A) for Nebraska Service Center (LIN-xxxxxxx)

1,230 posts in this topic

On 8/25/2020 at 12:12 PM, RS2016 said:

I don’t really understand LIN currently cases before and after mine have been approved but my case plus about 10-20 beside mine are not approved or received any update.

Sept 3rd filer, hopefully something happens soon

Yeah, October 2018 here. About to get to the point where people who filed a YEAR after me are going to start getting approved.

It’s not chronological.

~*INTENT IS DETERMINED AT POE*~

Forever wishing for an eye-roll reaction.

K-1 Visa~
9/28/2015 - I-129f Packet Mailed to Texas Lockbox
10/1/2015 - NOA 1 Email - I-129f sent to California Service Center
10/8/2015 - NOA 1 Hard Copy
10/27/2015 - NOA 2
11/21/2015 - Packet 3 Received
1/08/2916 - Medical! Lots of jabs >.>
2/23/2016 - APPROVED!
6/20/2016 - POE
7/29/2016 - Married ❤️

~*Approval 146 Days from NOA1*~

AOS ~
9/9/2016 - AOS/AP/EAD packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox
9/11/2016 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
9/20/2016 - Received Text/Email NOA1
9/23/2016 - Hard Copy NOA1s
10/12/2016 - Biometrics Appointment
11/04/2016 - AP Status "Approved" EAD "Date of Birth Updated"
11/18/2016 - Received EAD/AP Combo Card!
12/23/2016 - Received Green Card

~*Green Card 95 Days from NOA1*~

ROC~

10/12/2018 - Mailed ROC Packet

11/8/2018 - NOA-1 

7/5/2019 - Biometrics

~*STILL WAITING 607+ Days since NOA*~

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

GC in hand today! Yay! It took about 20 days from the approval to the moment the GC got into my mailbox.

N-400 now!

To whoever is still waiting: guys, it's matter of patience. It will be worthed. One day you will receive an e-mail and everything will change for the better. Hangin' in there!

On 8/26/2020 at 6:05 PM, MorganandMichael said:

Yeah, October 2018 here. About to get to the point where people who filed a YEAR after me are going to start getting approved.

It’s not chronological.

It has been more than 18 months. Have you tried to contact them and expedite things? (I assume you have. How did it go?). Have you gotten an RFE that probably slowed things down?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
On 8/25/2020 at 12:08 PM, DeGodefroi said:

Just got the message “Case Transferred and new office has jurisdiction. I filed for N-400 last week. 
maybe related?

My case status was Ready to be scheduled for an interview until it changed back to "Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction" on Aug 20th. No clue why. I didn't file for N-400.

Hmmmm I received the info in the mail that it was sent to the National Benefits Center where my N-400 is also there. Do you have the info which center/office has your case now?

On 9/3/2020 at 7:58 AM, Paul4GC said:

It has been more than 18 months. Have you tried to contact them and expedite things? (I assume you have. How did it go?). Have you gotten an RFE that probably slowed things down?

We tried and were just told that things were still in normal processing time (under 27 months) so they can’t do anything for us. No RFE’s.

Did just receive and update we were transferred to Missouri. No idea why. He did not file the N-400.

~*INTENT IS DETERMINED AT POE*~

Forever wishing for an eye-roll reaction.

K-1 Visa~
9/28/2015 - I-129f Packet Mailed to Texas Lockbox
10/1/2015 - NOA 1 Email - I-129f sent to California Service Center
10/8/2015 - NOA 1 Hard Copy
10/27/2015 - NOA 2
11/21/2015 - Packet 3 Received
1/08/2916 - Medical! Lots of jabs >.>
2/23/2016 - APPROVED!
6/20/2016 - POE
7/29/2016 - Married ❤️

~*Approval 146 Days from NOA1*~

AOS ~
9/9/2016 - AOS/AP/EAD packet mailed to Chicago Lockbox
9/11/2016 - Delivered to Chicago Lockbox
9/20/2016 - Received Text/Email NOA1
9/23/2016 - Hard Copy NOA1s
10/12/2016 - Biometrics Appointment
11/04/2016 - AP Status "Approved" EAD "Date of Birth Updated"
11/18/2016 - Received EAD/AP Combo Card!
12/23/2016 - Received Green Card

~*Green Card 95 Days from NOA1*~

ROC~

10/12/2018 - Mailed ROC Packet

11/8/2018 - NOA-1 

7/5/2019 - Biometrics

~*STILL WAITING 607+ Days since NOA*~

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
On 9/4/2020 at 1:14 PM, DeGodefroi said:

Hmmmm I received the info in the mail that it was sent to the National Benefits Center where my N-400 is also there. Do you have the info which center/office has your case now?

My case was transferred from my local field office (where I should have an interview) back to the NBC where it was before. I'm so confused 😅

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Montenegro
Timeline

Month ago, i applied for naturalization; precisely 88 days before GC 2nd year anniversary. 

Across one week after n-400 applying,  I-751 status updated to “Case transferred, new office has jurisdiction”. NOA received almost immediately after form submitted, electronically and in few days - on paper. Just couple of days ago status of N-400 changed from “validation error” to “Case Received and Notice Mailed”.

Everything  according to plan, right before doubling of n-400 filing fee in October.

Now i’ll just wait for biometrics, and after that, my combo interview. 

I didn’t get biometric appointment, yet. 

Most of applicants got biometrics appointment across 2-3 weeks, but i have 5 weeks now. Is it normal? I guess, letter should arrive any day now?

Edited by Orm

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. We have been at the point of "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview" since April. I realize that's when most things were shutting down so we assumed there would be delays, but now we are getting a bit concerned as we are about 2 months away from the 18 month extension expiration. Does anyone know if they have been automatically extending things or do we need to request that? Has anyone else been left in limbo like this? Thanks!

I'm the Petitioner, she's the loud Dominican :rolleyes:

09/16/15 - I-129F mailed via USPS Priority Mail

09/18/15 - I-129F delivered to Dallas P.O. Box

09/24/15 - USCIS check cleared

09/24/15 - NOA1 E-Notification received

09/29/15 - NOA1 Hard copy received from CSC (dated 09/23/15)

10/23/15 - NOA2 E-Notification received

10/29/15 - NOA2 Hard copy received (dated 10/23/15)

11/05/15 - NVC Received case

11/24/15 - Consulate received

12/14/15 - Interview - Approved!!

12/15/15 - Administrative Processing

12/16/15 - Visa Issued

12/18/15 - Passport and Visa in hand!!!

12/20/15 - In U.S. - Point of Entry Newark, NJ, then to Chicago, IL

02/19/16 - Married!

waiting...

I Filed I-751 in June 2019. Got an RFE in May 2020. USCIS received RFE response 9/4/2020. New Card is Being Produced on 9/10/2020. And on 9/15/2020 I got an email saying my case was approved and the green card is in the mail. The RFE process was a lot quicker than I anticipated! Just thought I'd share my I-751 timeline.  

I hope you all get good news soon!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

I too got some good news in the last week. Just need to work with the immigration lawyer on informing USCIS about the change from married to divorced.

9/4/2019 - Packet was sent
9/6/2019 - Packet was received by USCIS in Phoenix, Arizona
9/11/2019 - Personal Check was deposited/cashed by USCIS
9/11/2019 - Received text message with my LIN case #
9/14/2019 - Received Receipt and Extension
1/10/2020 (Day 126) - Received Biometrics Letter
1/23/2020 (Day 139) - Biometrics Completed

2/8/2020  - Separated from Husband

8/11/2020 - Divorce was Finalized

9/10/2020 - New Card is Being Produced

9/14/2020 - New Card was Mailed

9/15/2020 - Post Office Picked Up the Card

9/16/2020 - Card Delivered

8/21/2022 - N-400 Form was Submitted and Case is Being Actively Reviewed

10/21/2022 - Interview scheduled

12/1/2022 - Interview and approved

12/1/2022 - Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled (30-45 days)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Senegal
Timeline
3 hours ago, pazzee said:

I Filed I-751 in June 2019. Got an RFE in May 2020. USCIS received RFE response 9/4/2020. New Card is Being Produced on 9/10/2020. And on 9/15/2020 I got an email saying my case was approved and the green card is in the mail. The RFE process was a lot quicker than I anticipated! Just thought I'd share my I-751 timeline.  

I hope you all get good news soon!

Congratulations to you!!! May we know what the rfe was about?

22 minutes ago, Memento said:

Congratulations to you!!! May we know what the rfe was about?

It was a pretty general RFE just saying we provided insufficient evidence. The only specific thing they asked for was tax transcripts.  We had provided them our returns from TurboTax but apparently they prefer transcripts. We retained a lawyer to help with the RFE and some of their notes as to why they think we got an RFE and their advice:

1. We only provided the most recent lease. In the RFE response we provided all previous years we lived together.

2. We stupidly forgot to include my wife's driver's license in the initial evidence. 

3. We only sent one bank statement for each year we've had the account together.  Our lawyer advised that we send 3 statements from each year.

4. I had provided copies of our health insurance cards. Lawyer suggested we get a letter from my wife's employer stating when I was added to her insurance 3 years ago.

5. In the initial packet, I had printed out a page from my retirement account showing my wife as the sole beneficiary. However, nowhere on that page did it have my name on it. Just my account number.  So the lawyer had me re-submit that and submit one of the monthly statements that had my name on it and the correlating account number highlighted on both pages.

Those were the missteps we made.  In an effort to make our case stronger, we responded with affidavits from friends, family, and coworkers. A ton more pictures. Some wedding invites from friends addressed to both of us. A notarized letter from the dog rescue group we adopted our dog from and a letter from my wife's employer stating I was added as her emergency contact and that I'm the sole beneficiary to her retirement account.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Senegal
Timeline
1 hour ago, pazzee said:

It was a pretty general RFE just saying we provided insufficient evidence. The only specific thing they asked for was tax transcripts.  We had provided them our returns from TurboTax but apparently they prefer transcripts. We retained a lawyer to help with the RFE and some of their notes as to why they think we got an RFE and their advice:

1. We only provided the most recent lease. In the RFE response we provided all previous years we lived together.

2. We stupidly forgot to include my wife's driver's license in the initial evidence. 

3. We only sent one bank statement for each year we've had the account together.  Our lawyer advised that we send 3 statements from each year.

4. I had provided copies of our health insurance cards. Lawyer suggested we get a letter from my wife's employer stating when I was added to her insurance 3 years ago.

5. In the initial packet, I had printed out a page from my retirement account showing my wife as the sole beneficiary. However, nowhere on that page did it have my name on it. Just my account number.  So the lawyer had me re-submit that and submit one of the monthly statements that had my name on it and the correlating account number highlighted on both pages.

Those were the missteps we made.  In an effort to make our case stronger, we responded with affidavits from friends, family, and coworkers. A ton more pictures. Some wedding invites from friends addressed to both of us. A notarized letter from the dog rescue group we adopted our dog from and a letter from my wife's employer stating I was added as her emergency contact and that I'm the sole beneficiary to her retirement account.

Thank you for the detailed response and again congratulations to you :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.