changbaihou

Processing Times (I-751/I-751A) for Nebraska Service Center (LIN-xxxxxxx)

1,230 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, camerica said:

Congratulations! Can I ask...do you have a driver's license and did it expire while you were waiting? I took my paperwork to get an extension for my license. They gave me an extension until January 2021. I filed in July 2019. I am wondering what happens if I have to wait as long as you did. 

Yes. It was expired 2 months after I filed ROC. So I took my extension letter to BMV. And they accepted it and issued a new one. 

On 6/24/2020 at 10:05 AM, Absolutely said:

My case starts with LIN and I just had an update earlier saying my case has been transferred to my local office. Has anyone else had this happen recently?

I got the same message today for LIN case. Filed 2 weeks ago. I thought it meant it got to Nebraska from AZ processing center, not local where we live. Hmmm

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
6 hours ago, Lilith1811 said:

February 2019 filer. I finally get my 10years GC in the mail today (and I updated my timeline). So relieved. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting! 

Congrats ! I see on your timeline, you haven't file your N400, did you delibrately delay filing it ?

ROC Timeline

June 15, 2020: Sent package through USPS

June 18, 2020: Delivered to Arizona PO box

June 23, 2020: Credit Card Debited

June 24, 2020: E notification for case (LIN-Receipt) 

July  15, 2020: Case was updated to show that fingerprints were taken

July 16, 2020 : Official NOA letter dated July 1 was received  

July 20, 2020 : Official fingerprint taken notice dated July 15 was received

March 05, 2021: Status updated to "Card in Production"

March 06, 2021: Status updated to I-751 Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
9 hours ago, Lilith1811 said:

Yes. It was expired 2 months after I filed ROC. So I took my extension letter to BMV. And they accepted it and issued a new one. 

Yes, I took my extension letter to the DMV too. That is when they gave me a new one which is only valid until Jan 2021. They gave me an 18 month extension. 

5 hours ago, sebastianshaw said:

Congrats ! I see on your timeline, you haven't file your N400, did you delibrately delay filing it ?

Yes. I’m delaying my N400 for personal reason. :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
On 6/22/2020 at 9:51 AM, camerica said:

I am in the exact same boat as you are. However, there is nothing we can do because LIN shows that it can take as long as 24 months. I hope not though because first time around my file was allegedly "lost" and that caused much stress. I did an AOS in Nov 2015 and did not even get my green card until Sep 2017. Made me so angry because I should have been able to apply for ROC long before I ended up having to do. I too get so frustrated when I see folks who filed in August getting approved. As I said, nothing we can do at this point.

Hi, 

You are not alone. I filed on October 30, 2018. I am still stuck on "we received your fingerprints". I hope it's just matter of time....

Timeline
7 hours ago, Mattia said:

Hi, 

You are not alone. I filed on October 30, 2018. I am still stuck on "we received your fingerprints". I hope it's just matter of time....

Well, hearing something like this makes me think that I should not complain. I am sorry! That really sucks. Will you call in October if you have not heard anything? The official times on USCIS says, I think, up to 23 months.

Today i called to USCIS to get any information regarding my case. Lady from call center wasn't able to transfer my call to any officer because supposedly they were having training. According to her now regular proceeding time for nebraska service center is 13-27 months...

That's so frustrating. Have anyone lately heard anything from USCIS? I sent my application on September 6, on January 23 my fingerprints were taken and since then... nothing. They didn't change my case status since " case was received" is it something normal?  

Timeline
4 minutes ago, kamilm said:

Have anyone lately heard anything from USCIS? I sent my application on September 6, on January 23 my fingerprints were taken and since then... nothing. They didn't change my case status since " case was received" is it something normal?  

LIN July filer. Nothing yet either.

Timeline
18 hours ago, camerica said:

Well, hearing something like this makes me think that I should not complain. I am sorry! That really sucks. Will you call in October if you have not heard anything? The official times on USCIS says, I think, up to 23 months.

Hi,

Well now it's 27.5 months. I will try to call tomorrow USCIS, although I don't think that it will help much. I will be able to do an official enquiry in 7 months as per the website https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ . The bottom line is that if you are still "within the timeline", although it is taking literally forever (I got my stamp i-551 recently so I will be good until late June 2021) you cannot do anything other than wait...and wait...and more wait. Am I wrong?

Timeline
4 hours ago, Mattia said:

Hi,

Well now it's 27.5 months. I will try to call tomorrow USCIS, although I don't think that it will help much. I will be able to do an official enquiry in 7 months as per the website https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ . The bottom line is that if you are still "within the timeline", although it is taking literally forever (I got my stamp i-551 recently so I will be good until late June 2021) you cannot do anything other than wait...and wait...and more wait. Am I wrong?

No, at this point you are right. And if they furlough, the wait will be longer and they will have yet another "reason" for the delay, sadly.

Timeline
12 hours ago, camerica said:

No, at this point you are right. And if they furlough, the wait will be longer and they will have yet another "reason" for the delay, sadly.

Exactly. :( However, I called USCIS today. I expressed my concern about my application being lost and that I haven't here from them since an year. The officer took some time to check out my application and she told me something that I was not aware about: they opened my application on April, 2nd of this year to work on it (you cannot find this info in the USCIS website). That means that at least they still have it!!! :D  Although they didn't do anything with it yet. Finger crossed.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mattia said:

Exactly. :( However, I called USCIS today. I expressed my concern about my application being lost and that I haven't here from them since an year. The officer took some time to check out my application and she told me something that I was not aware about: they opened my application on April, 2nd of this year to work on it (you cannot find this info in the USCIS website). That means that at least they still have it!!! :D  Although they didn't do anything with it yet. Finger crossed.

Mine got "misplaced" the first time around. Perhaps now that they looked into it and it has been "seen" that someone did a search of it, they will speed up the process! Yes, fingers crossed. Some positive news!

Timeline
23 hours ago, camerica said:

Mine got "misplaced" the first time around. Perhaps now that they looked into it and it has been "seen" that someone did a search of it, they will speed up the process! Yes, fingers crossed. Some positive news!

What is really concerning me is that USCIS might get almost entirely shut down on August, 3rd....hopefully they will bail them out....

Just received status update notification "New card is being produced" 😁

Question to the mods: Should I put today's date as "Approval date" in the Google Docs spreadsheet? Just double-checking, so that I don't screw up the spreadsheet stats.

Edited by True_South

07-15-2016     Married.

03-25-2017     AOS packet sent (i-130 + i-485 + i-765 concurrent).

03-27-2017     AOS packet received according to USPS tracking number.

04-06-2017     NOA1 emails and texts received.

04-10-2017     NOA1 hard copies received.

04-15-2017     Biometrics appointment letter received.

04-25-2017     Biometrics appointment.

05-06-2017     RFE mailed.

07-05-2017     RFE response mailed.

07-06-2017     RFE response received according to USPS tracking number.

07-12-2017     RFE response receipt on 07-10-2017 confirmed via email and text.

07-22-2017     i-765 case updated with "we updated your name" message.

07-25-2017     EAD card mailed.

07-26-2017     EAD card mailing notification (email and text) received.

07-28-2017     EAD card in hand.

08-01-2017     "Interview scheduled" texts and email received. Hard copy interview letter (I-797C) received.

08-30-2017     Scheduled interview. 9 hours after getting out of the interview received email "we ordered your new card".

08-31-2017     33 hours after getting out of the interview received texts about case updates (i.e. texts were received 24 hours after emails). Hard copies of i-130 and i-485 approval notices received.

09-05-2017     "Card mailed" update on USCIS web site with notifications via text and email. Nothing on my USPS dashboard.

09-06-2017     Tracking number posted to USPS dashboard with "pre-shipment info sent".

09-08-2017     Green Card in hand.

09-11-2017     Online Request to fix the typo in the last name on the Green Card submitted.

09-20-2017     Infopass appointment. Result: "It's easier to wait for ROC and make sure they spell you name correctly at that time."

09-25-2017     Email received in response to the online request: "Infopass is the way to do this".

06-01-2019     ROC window opened.

08-01-2019     ROC packet sent.

08-05-2019     ROC packet delivered.

08-08-2019     Rejection notice sent (unable to process the credit card, possibly because of the formatting of billing address).

08-18-2019     Packet re-sent with personal check included.

08-20-2019     ROC packet delivered.

08-23-2019     NOA issued.

08-26-2019     NOA / 18 month extension letter received. Check cashed at 10:30 pm Mountain Time.

12-14-2019     Biometrics letter received. Notice date 12-06-2019. Appointment date 12-23-2019.

12-23-2019     Biometrics appointment. Email from USCIS stating that initial review has started. "During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation."

06-29-2020     Notification that "Name was updated" (hopefully they are putting back the hyphen they had dropped when issuing the original GC).

07-09-2020     Received notification "New card is being produced".

07-10-2020     Received notification "Case was approved".

07-29-2020     Received notification "Card mailed".

07-31-2020     Green Card in hand.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.