DaveAndAnastasia

April 2019 AOS Filers(merged)

1,346 posts in this topic

On 6/24/2019 at 8:42 AM, Olichka said:

Had green card interview on the 20th ! APPROVED ! Just need to send a couple translated papers, and our green card will be on the way 😍

Good luck to all on your AOS journey !

Congratulations! That is awesome things moved that fast for you. Our latest "prediction" is into November just for the EAD. Ugh.

Removal of Conditions

filed 2.25.22

NOA 3.1.22

Biometrics waived 3.28.22

N-400

Applied online 3.13.23

NOA 3.13.23

Biometrics appointment - 4.5.23

Interview (combo) - 8.6.23

Oath Ceremony!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, d24v said:

You're both Canadian too.  I hope our BCs aren't now somehow incredibly hard to interpret.  So strange.  

My husabnd is also Canadian, Alberta didn't have long form (still doesnt) at the time of his birth, so we just sent what we had (which is the wallet card sized birth certificate without parents' names on it). We didn't get RFE for the K1 visa application for the birth certificate, so I figured it would be fine for AOS too and maybe they were aware Alberta doesn't have long form anyway. Well of course, RFIE came, they want birth certificate in long form, and want to see it with parents names-- so now we just paid $130 CAN to get a birth certificate with his parents' names on it couriered to us. Another expense on top of the already expensive process. It's also not technically "long form", but I'm hoping the issue is just that they want the parents names on it.

At this point I dont even care about the RFIE, we just want his EAD!!! Which at this point may very well be after the AOS interview anyway. *sigh*

AOS/EAD/AP Filed: April 5, 2019 
NOA 1: April 12, 2019
Biometrics Appointment: May 8, 2019
RFIE Rec'd: June 21, 2019 - Request for long form birth certificate

RFIE Reply Sent: July 16, 2019
AOS Interview Date: October 3, 2019, APPROVED 

Green card Received: October 10, 2019

i-751 Filed: September 21, 2021

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey guys, I just got and RFIE, still waiting for it to show in my mail. 

My timeline: 

Applying from Zion, Illinois

PD: April-15-2019

Biometrics: May-13-2019 (early walk-in)

RFIE was sent on June-24-2019

Question to those who got RFIE recently: Did your case change to "case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" before you got the RFIE?

Good luck to all!! Hopefully we get our EADs soon. At some point the estimated processing times should start shrinking right? They can't keep getting longer indefinitely............

04/15/19: Received date

05/15/19: Biometrics done

06/07/19: Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

03/19/20: Interview cancelled due to Covid

09/04/2020: Interview date

10/22/2020: I-130 approval

10/30/2020: I-485 approval

12 minutes ago, for_rd said:

Question to those who got RFIE recently: Did your case change to "case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" before you got the RFIE?

Good luck to all!! Hopefully we get our EADs soon. At some point the estimated processing times should start shrinking right? They can't keep getting longer indefinitely............

No, before I got the RFIE my case status was “Finger Print Review Was Completed” ... then a month later my RFIE was sent out. 

I’m with you about the wait times! I’m starting to miss working!

K1 Journey

Spoiler

Sent I-129F: Feb 9, 2018

Petition received by USCIS: Feb 15, 2018

NOA1 Text Notification: Feb 20, 2018 

NOA2: Aug 21, 2018 😍

NVC Case # & Invoice ID: Sept 6, 2018

NVC "In Transit": Sept 18, 2018

Case "Ready": Sept 25, 2018

P3 Received: Oct 5

P3 Sent: Oct 16

P4 Received: Oct 18

Medical: Nov 13

Interview: Dec 6 - APPROVED! 

POE: Feb 12, 2019

Applied for SSN: Feb 15, 2019 (rec'd SSN: April 4th)

AOS Journey

Spoiler

Sent I-485, I-131, I-765: April 15, 2019

NOA1: April 23, 2019 (hard copies received April 29, 2019)

Biometrics: May 16, 2019

RFIE for I-148: June 20, 2019 (requesting birth certificate)

Sent Response to RFIE: June 25, 2019

Response to RFIE received: June 28, 2019

I-485 "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" notice: Sept 4, 2019

I-765 (EAD) Card in Production: Oct 11, 2019

I-131 (AP) Approved: Oct 15, 2019

I-765 (EAD) Card mailed out to me: Oct 17, 2019

EAD/AP Combo Card received: Oct 19, 2019

Interview: Jan 28, 2020 - Approved 2 year conditional green card

ROC Sent I-751: November 1, 2021

Credit Card Charges Pending: November 9, 2021

Text Message: November 10, 2021 @ 3:46 am

NOA1 Dated: November 9, 2021 (hard copy received November 17, 2021)

Biometrics Waiver Dated: November 30, 2021 (hard copy received Dec 6, 2021)

Approval Notice Dated: April 10, 2024 (hard copy received April 16, 2024)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
34 minutes ago, for_rd said:

Good luck to all!! Hopefully we get our EADs soon. At some point the estimated processing times should start shrinking right? They can't keep getting longer indefinitely............

Mine said “Fingerprint fee was received”. Good luck to you too :) 

On 6/22/2019 at 1:46 PM, BananaButton5 said:

Thanks! Yeah I found the Alberta website where I can order one with his parents names listed on it. It’s technically not a long form certificate, but hopefully it will be enough for them. 

As a side note, we just went to the DMV to get him a state driver’s license. We brought everything that they needed as was listened online. Yet they told us a) they have to call the state capital to confirm his application status so he can only come in Monday through a Friday (uhh, what?? Our field office is like ten minutes away and has nothing to do with the capital) b) that they can’t issue a driver’s license to someone without an issued green card. 

I was pretty sure they could get a license after becoming a resident of the state, which he is now. One of the things I’ve seen people mention to bring to their green card interview is a license... so how will he do that if he can’t get a license without the green card. Should we just go to a different dmv branch? These people were very confused. 

My head hurts. Lol. 

Can confirm, my husband was born in Alberta, their birth certificate are tiny (like a half page) but we sent in the ones with his parents names listed on it and did not get a RFE. I think on the alberta site it's listed as option "Birth Certificate with Personal Information and Parentage". 

No idea on the license part, just wanted to confirm the birth certificate with parent's name is what we used with no RFE

Married 4/12/18
Mailed AOS Packet (485, 131, 130, 130a, 864, 765) 4/9/19
Packet Delivered to Chicago Lockbox 4/12/19
NOA1 for i-130, 765, 131, 485: 4/19/19
Biometrics Notice: 4/26/19
Biometrics appointment 5/14/19
Notice For Interview 5/21/19
693 completed: 6/25/19 (appointment was 6/21/19, civil surgeon needed time to process)
Interview: 6/25/19
Approved: 6/25/19 (online case status lists new card is being produced)
GC in hand: 7/2/19

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, for_rd said:

Mine said "Fingerprint Review Was Completed".

EADs are processed at National Benefits Centre so those might not be shrinking. They're working on reducing GC times though.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, muricafyeah said:

Somehow we got extremely lucky. The green card is being produced and should be in hand in the next week or two, should be just under 3 months between initial filing and GC in hand. 

Congratulations on your epic luck! Never have I ever wished that we were living in Worcester than right now haha. 

1 hour ago, d24v said:

Congratulations on your epic luck! Never have I ever wished that we were living in Worcester than right now haha. 

thank you!! Hopefully it's speedy processing for the rest of the group! We're both sitting here scratching our heads like how on earth did we get this lucky? I better go knock wood and send positive vibes for everyone else here! 

2 hours ago, muricafyeah said:

He had our biometrics appointment 6/21/19.

I meant his Civil Surgeon Appointment to fill out the i-693 was on 6/21/19, biometrics was done in May. 

Married 4/12/18
693 completed: 6/25/19 (appointment was 6/21/19, civil surgeon needed time to process)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
15 hours ago, muricafyeah said:

Somehow we got extremely lucky. The green card is being produced and should be in hand in the next week or two, should be just under 3 months between initial filing and GC in hand. 

Wow this is so encouraging!!!  We also are filing in the Boston office and I really hope we get lucky as well.... Our NOA1s are dated May 13th but we still don't have the biometrics date yet..... Hopefully this won't slow us down too much.  Congratulations though!!!  This really made me hopeful :) 

4 hours ago, MaryDave1992 said:

Wow this is so encouraging!!!  We also are filing in the Boston office and I really hope we get lucky as well.... Our NOA1s are dated May 13th but we still don't have the biometrics date yet..... Hopefully this won't slow us down too much.  Congratulations though!!!  This really made me hopeful :) 

Hopefully you get the biometrics notice soon!! I've read some people have just done a walk in before their appointment, we wound up just waiting for our appointment since it was soon enough. 

Fwiw we were processed from Lawrence MA, not the Boston office. I have heard that USCIS has moved some cases around to improve processing times so hopefully yours can get moved to Lawrence for a faster processing! 

I think there was someone else on here who was out of the Lawrence office and they hadn't heard anything in 5 months which made me so nervous. Not sure why theirs has taken that long and mine was so fast 😳

Married 4/12/18

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
14 hours ago, muricafyeah said:

Hopefully you get the biometrics notice soon!! I've read some people have just done a walk in before their appointment, we wound up just waiting for our appointment since it was soon enough. 

Fwiw we were processed from Lawrence MA, not the Boston office. I have heard that USCIS has moved some cases around to improve processing times so hopefully yours can get moved to Lawrence for a faster processing! 

I think there was someone else on here who was out of the Lawrence office and they hadn't heard anything in 5 months which made me so nervous. Not sure why theirs has taken that long and mine was so fast 😳

Oooh good to know!! We live in Somerville so I think we'd be out of the Boston office..... Either way I really hope it's a quick turnaround... Thanks for sharing your experience :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.