DaveAndAnastasia

April 2019 AOS Filers(merged)

1,346 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ivory Coast
Timeline

So I had my biometric appointment on the 11th of June, on the 12th  of june which is the next day, my case status changed to "Ready to be scheduled for an interview ". And its been like that whenever I track it online till this afternoon I got an email notification message that reads thus " there has been a recent processing action taken on your case. Receipt number:********* ******.

Application type:I485, Application to register permanent residence or adjust status.

Your case status: Initial Review.

On June 27, 2019 , the post office returned a notice we sent for your form  l485 because they could not deliver it."

Please what could it be that they mailed and it  was returned by post office because they couldn't get my address ? Could it be a notice of Request For Additional Evidence? When after a case status has already changed to "Ready to be scheduled for an interview " can one still get a request to send additional evidence or information? Is there any way I can possibly check it online asap to know what it could be? Please every contribution will be appreciated. 

21 minutes ago, Olisaemeka said:

So I had my biometric appointment on the 11th of June, on the 12th  of june which is the next day, my case status changed to "Ready to be scheduled for an interview ". And its been like that whenever I track it online till this afternoon I got an email notification message that reads thus " there has been a recent processing action taken on your case. Receipt number:********* ******.

Application type:I485, Application to register permanent residence or adjust status.

On June 27, 2019 , the post office returned a notice we sent for your form  l485 because they could not deliver it."

Please what could it be that they mailed and it  was returned by post office because they couldn't get my address ? Could it be a notice of Request For Additional Evidence? When after a case status has already changed to "Ready to be scheduled for an interview " can one still get a request to send additional evidence or information? Is there any way I can possibly check it online asap to know what it could be? Please every contribution will be appreciated. 

Can you create your timeline? This will enable us know the advice to give. 

Timeline
Just now, LivFavor said:

Can you create your timeline? This will enable us know the advice to give. 

Can't you give advice based on available information? Well, I may not be able to create my timeline immediately,  but I Will appreciate any assistance right now.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
34 minutes ago, Olisaemeka said:

From what I have heard you CAN still get an RFE after your case is ready for interview. Apparently you can even get them after completing your interview. But it's also very possible that it means your interview was scheduled and the letter they couldn't deliver was the interview date... If I were you I would definitely call USCIS and see if they can tell you what the letter said. 

Married since 3/10/2017

Concurrent filing of I-130, I-485, I-765, and I-131

04/12/2019: Mailed package via USPS 

04/15/2019: Priority Date/Package received

04/22/2019: Text Message and Checks cashed

04/26/2019: NOA1 hard copy

05/03/2019: Biometrics Letter

05/06/2019: Recieved RFE (forgot co-sponsors proof of citizenship on I-864)

05/07/2019: Sent Response to RFE

05/13/2019: Response to RFE received by USCIS

05/14/2019: Biometrics completed

05/23/2019: I-693 courtesy letter

06/06/2019: Requested EAD Expedite

06/11/2019: Faxed Proof of Financial Loss to USCIS

07/29/2019: Case status updated to "Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview”

02/12/2029: Case status updated to show interview was scheduled

03/19/2020: Interview date

Timeline
1 minute ago, oztousa said:

From what I have heard you CAN still get an RFE after your case is ready for interview. Apparently you can even get them after completing your interview. But it's also very possible that it means your interview was scheduled and the letter they couldn't deliver was the interview date... If I were you I would definitely call USCIS and see if they can tell you what the letter said. 

Thank You.  But my case tracker never indicated of any FEE coming or so. Even on the 22nd my case tracker still updated to a notice of same "case ready to be scheduled for interview"

Timeline
1 hour ago, Olisaemeka said:

No RFE notice in my case tracker before now.

I understand but you asked if it is possible and I believe it is. It's probably more likely something else but either way, those case trackers are not exactly the most accurate. I have seen a wide variety of updates that some people get and some people don't. Some cases never update from "Case was received". My I-485 for example, has never mentioned anything about fingerprint review being complete or anything else even though our biometrics appointment was more than 6 weeks ago. Others get that update the day after their appointment. Just saying, I wouldn't rely too much on the case tracker and just call them directly. 

Married since 3/10/2017

Timeline
2 hours ago, oztousa said:

I understand but you asked if it is possible and I believe it is. It's probably more likely something else but either way, those case trackers are not exactly the most accurate. I have seen a wide variety of updates that some people get and some people don't. Some cases never update from "Case was received". My I-485 for example, has never mentioned anything about fingerprint review being complete or anything else even though our biometrics appointment was more than 6 weeks ago. Others get that update the day after their appointment. Just saying, I wouldn't rely too much on the case tracker and just call them directly. 

You said it's probably more like something else? You mean more like something else from a RFE or interview appointment? Which of these two could it probably be?

Timeline

It really could be anything. I couldn't tell you what it is as my case is not even showing as ready for interview yet. I think the best thing you can do at this point is call. Specially since it said they could not deliver the letter. That's an issue that you need to address with USCIS directly. 

Married since 3/10/2017

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

[Update on RFIE]

I got my RFIE letter on the mail asking for my birth certificate, which I had already sent together with its translation. 

I am not sure what happened, but I believe that they might have lost my docs or something. It might also be possible that they denied my birth certificate because it's too old (still legible). 

Good luck everyone! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Come on in, the water's fine, lots of us (or our spouses) have had biometrics, don't think anyone's got an interview yet.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.