2,985 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
49 minutes ago, Ziongirl said:

I would suggest you calm down and get some help for your mental sanity, the only office that has jurisdiction to adjudicate abuse is Vermont and not your local office, so that means they are not particularly trained on such cases, it's their duty to do their work accordingly. And for your information any case be it real or not real is considered fraud until proven otherwise that's all. So you did your part let Vermont do their part. And for your denied case you can apply for a new one and life goes on.....

Mine was denied in june 2017 and I just applied another one in november 2018 after my vawa approval and so far I got my work authorization and parole

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ontarkie said:

~~Inappropriate post removed along with one quoting~~

As have been more of the same.  Stereotyping is against this site's Terms of Service.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Hi guys. Thank you all for everything so you all were right it was the EAD that delivered - I checked my I-360 receipt number online and it said my card was mailed to me few weeks ago. I thought it was the GC pardon me I just didn’t understand because I already have an EAD but thanks for you guys explaination because I see it is a different EAD c31 category.

Does this mean the I-360 is approved? because it doesn’t actually say that and I never got a letter for that. It just says online my card was delivered to me 

Also can anyone tell me please the next steps? So I have some awareness. My I-485 still says online case received (the same thing it said since I applied with the I-360 almost 2 years ago). 

Edited by IGIT

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ziongirl said:

Thanks so much I appreciate,God bless you..but the funny thing am seeing on my status now is that they are requesting for initial evidence and it has been mailed so I’m wondering what that could be 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 hours ago, IGIT said:

Hi guys. Thank you all for everything so you all were right it was the EAD that delivered - I checked my I-360 receipt number online and it said my card was mailed to me few weeks ago. I thought it was the GC pardon me I just didn’t understand because I already have an EAD but thanks for you guys explaination because I see it is a different EAD c31 category.

Does this mean the I-360 is approved? because it doesn’t actually say that and I never got a letter for that. It just says online my card was delivered to me 

Also can anyone tell me please the next steps? So I have some awareness. My I-485 still says online case received (the same thing it said since I applied with the I-360 almost 2 years ago). 

I am not an expert but if you already got an EAD is because this is from your I360 approval probably a C31 or C09 or C14, the other EAD was approved from your original packet. You will just need to renew 1 if time comes if you haven’t got your interview/I485 in time.

you should renew EAD 3 months before it expires.

Next step is to wait for your Courtesy Letter or Interview Date some get both some not I have read, it takes average 3-6 months to get Courtesy Letter with the I693/Medical request and probably another 1-4 more months to get your Interview Letter Notification.

Average timeline from start to finish is around 2 years some cases up to 33 months the longest I have read. I hope this helps. 

Congratulations! 🎉 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
13 hours ago, Blunt said:

hello Everybody, I just checked my status now after going for interview yesterday alone to tell the officer that I was abused by my wife and I gave the officer all the proofs she asked for ..all the proofs of the abuse and she still insisted that she will deny the i485 cause my wife wasn’t there ..I begged her that she should hold the i485 till my i360 is adjudicated but she said NO...so as I got home yesterday I saw on my status that we didn’t appear for the i485...now today I checked the status again it says they request for initial evidence was mailed out that if I didn’t receive it before April 11 I should go to the Uscis website to request for a copy of notice there ...could this be a mistake or they want some evidence from me ..what evidence do they need is it to hold the i485 or to approve my green card have never heard of this kind of scenario before please experienced fellas should put me through

It's not to approve the green card,it might to prove that you filed I-360. 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
10 hours ago, Ingodshands94 said:

Hello Everyone!

Im a March 2017 filer. My vawa was approved Sept 2018. I just found out today my interview is next Tuesday. 

I'm going by my self. Any suggestion on what to take (besides  the bona fide marriage proof, shared residence and all of this) and how to prepare?

Thank you!!

Make sure you bring the  medical exam if you did not submit yet or if you submitted over 15 months ago,and bring the original EAD, passaport,marriage certificate, birth certificate,and divorce decree if you have or if you were divorced before.

13 hours ago, Blunt said:

hello Everybody, I just checked my status now after going for interview yesterday alone to tell the officer that I was abused by my wife and I gave the officer all the proofs she asked for ..all the proofs of the abuse and she still insisted that she will deny the i485 cause my wife wasn’t there ..I begged her that she should hold the i485 till my i360 is adjudicated but she said NO...so as I got home yesterday I saw on my status that we didn’t appear for the i485...now today I checked the status again it says they request for initial evidence was mailed out that if I didn’t receive it before April 11 I should go to the Uscis website to request for a copy of notice there ...could this be a mistake or they want some evidence from me ..what evidence do they need is it to hold the i485 or to approve my green card have never heard of this kind of scenario before please experienced fellas should put me through

It means you submit proof of 360 receipt notice within the x number of days to put your 485 on hold until your vawa approval.

15 hours ago, Blunt said:

They probably wants proof that you File for Vawa. They maybe ask you for I-797C NOA. and then make the decision to hold it or deny it. Have faith.

Edited by FeDaniela

On 3/20/2019 at 1:01 AM, TBoneTX said:

This is the continuation thread for

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/691349-vawa-part-12/

which has been closed because of its large size.

-------

Personal note:  I continue to read every post in every VAWA thread, and I cheer each report of success.  I hope that this stage of the thread will be "lucky 13" for everybody who posts in it.

I guess I am amongst the lucky 13 as prophesied by TBoneTX 😂😂😂😂 I'm so happy! Now I know that feeling! It's priceless and everyone deserves to experience it! Finally my vawa is approved!!!

5 hours ago, FridayGirl@69 said:

I am not an expert but if you already got an EAD is because this is from your I360 approval probably a C31 or C09 or C14, the other EAD was approved from your original packet. You will just need to renew 1 if time comes if you haven’t got your interview/I485 in time.

you should renew EAD 3 months before it expires.

Next step is to wait for your Courtesy Letter or Interview Date some get both some not I have read, it takes average 3-6 months to get Courtesy Letter with the I693/Medical request and probably another 1-4 more months to get your Interview Letter Notification.

Average timeline from start to finish is around 2 years some cases up to 33 months the longest I have read. I hope this helps. 

Congratulations! 🎉 

Thank you so much Fridaygirl, God bless you.

So yeah my case is ~2 years as I just got “your card mailed to you” notice on I-360 and since I applied for the I-485 with the I-360, would this affect the wait for my GC interview date considering priorty dates? 

Second question. I am in college, I started the financial aid process but I didn’t submit it as I put it on hold until my vawa or GC is approved (as they accept either). How can I prove to the financial aid office my vawa is approved and move forward if I didn’t get an approval letter. 

Also, where would my case be sent to now that’s it’s done with Vermont, would that be based on my state? 

Last question and sincerely thank you and thank everybody for their time they take to answer those like myself who still lack full knowledge in the process. God bless you all. Is my I-485 is still showing the same thing from day one, should that update also when it is sent from the Vermont service center or when I receive a letter or does it remain the same? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.