2,985 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
1 hour ago, Comforter said:

I think u need to go for the interview and ask them to put your case on hold.if they agree.Give them ur new receipt notice.some officers accept while some dont...

How she is gonna go for interview to put on hold if they already submited new i485 included 360 last January?

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline
21 hours ago, sandranj said:

I never saw any case in 33 years.But if the person entered with K1 visa and the spouse did not withdraw form I-130 and I-864 then the person still can adjust status in the U.S, but this is valid just for people who entered with K1 VISA.

Okay ..that means I will have to wait for them and see what they sent as request for evidence

15 hours ago, lolaB998 said:

Hi everyone, I've been a silent reader here for a while.

I submitted my Vawa package in January 2019 with a new I-485; my old I-485 was pending at the time.

Today, I received an e-notification that an interview has been scheduled under my old marriage petition. My lawyer will write a letter to USCIS asking them to withdraw the old petition and cancel the interview because I have a pending Vawa case along with a new I-485.

I was wondering whether you know if USCIS issues NTAs in cases like this under the new policy?

Thank you!

In my opinion the best thing you can do that go to your interview explain to the officer that you are already filled new 485 based on vawa let see what the officer will say in the end ask the officer not to issue NTA .

Don't withdrawal your pervious 485 , Don't take a Risk .

Good luck .

Edited by xoxox

Timeline

Hello everybody,I submitted my i360 application last week and I also used an attorney and I used my attorney address and also the address my wife lived with me ,though my wife has moved out long time but I heard she came to the house but the lock has been changed...now I want to move out of the room to go stay with another person cause she’s stalking over me ...the issue now is that how can I change my address with Uscis cause I heard they always take time before the update someone’s address on their website.i told my lawyer and he said he’s gonna change it online but I have another alternative before doing the change of address is there a way I can forward all my mails through usps to my new address ..I heard usps do mail forwarding..I want to do that first before changing address on Uscis website through AR11 ...so is it through that all the mails come through usps will be forwarded to my new home address if I go to post office and tell them to forward all my mails to my new home address..I have been looking for where to live and move out of where she was Living with me,but due to not seeing a room to move to that has laid me back,I just saw a room coupled with the fact that she’s stalking over me ...so how long does it take Uscis to update my address and also does the USps mail forwarding works perfect too ?

On 3/28/2019 at 9:12 AM, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Bear in mind I had an unusually difficult case. I'm from March 2017..everyone seemed to have gotten approval..for me silence! In November 2018 I got RFE to prove goid moral character and good faith marriage/residence I was devastated I had almost nothing..I became closer to God cried to him day and night..got few affidavits from people who saw us then..good moral character from my country..I told God that he is the only one that qualifies the unqualified! I submitted and USCIS received it on the 22nd of jan 2019. Today my status updated to new card is being produced. Please house, family help me praise the good LORD!! he will cone through for us all just drop it all at his feet!🙏😊

Congratulations! Happy for you!

3 minutes ago, Milestone2017 said:

Congratulations! Happy for you!

Thanks dear I'm glad there are good folks on here like you who celebrate other people's success😊 please I have a question..I see you're from March 2017 as well..thank God for your smooth victory! Congrats. When did you file i485? Does it have anything to do with how fast they will process adjustment of status after vawa approval?

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
5 hours ago, Blunt said:

Hello everybody,I submitted my i360 application last week and I also used an attorney and I used my attorney address and also the address my wife lived with me ,though my wife has moved out long time but I heard she came to the house but the lock has been changed...now I want to move out of the room to go stay with another person cause she’s stalking over me ...the issue now is that how can I change my address with Uscis cause I heard they always take time before the update someone’s address on their website.i told my lawyer and he said he’s gonna change it online but I have another alternative before doing the change of address is there a way I can forward all my mails through usps to my new address ..I heard usps do mail forwarding..I want to do that first before changing address on Uscis website through AR11 ...so is it through that all the mails come through usps will be forwarded to my new home address if I go to post office and tell them to forward all my mails to my new home address..I have been looking for where to live and move out of where she was Living with me,but due to not seeing a room to move to that has laid me back,I just saw a room coupled with the fact that she’s stalking over me ...so how long does it take Uscis to update my address and also does the USps mail forwarding works perfect too ?

The Post Office has been directed not to forward any mail from Homeland Security - USCIS.  If they are not able to mail to address on letter, they return it to USCIS.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

56 minutes ago, Stillwinning!!!😊 said:

Thanks dear I'm glad there are good folks on here like you who celebrate other people's success😊 please I have a question..I see you're from March 2017 as well..thank God for your smooth victory! Congrats. When did you file i485? Does it have anything to do with how fast they will process adjustment of status after vawa approval?

My 485 was filed 2016 thru marriage and was requested to put on hold until vawa was approved. 

Count 6 to 8mos from the time of 360 approval.

Filed: Timeline
23 hours ago, lolaB998 said:

Hi everyone, I've been a silent reader here for a while.

I submitted my Vawa package in January 2019 with a new I-485; my old I-485 was pending at the time.

Today, I received an e-notification that an interview has been scheduled under my old marriage petition. My lawyer will write a letter to USCIS asking them to withdraw the old petition and cancel the interview because I have a pending Vawa case along with a new I-485.

I was wondering whether you know if USCIS issues NTAs in cases like this under the new policy?

Thank you!

Guys- everyone has a different case. Tiny details can make a difference. For LolaB's case- she submitted a NEW 485. She did not have to do that since she had a 485 already filed. BECAUSE she filed a second 485 (you can only have one 485) she has to withdraw it. There is no NTA for withdrawn petitions. If she didnt file a second 485 then she would need to go to the interview and ask for it to be held. Thats what most people do, so its advice that is repeated on here alot but again, she already filed a new 485 so the first one needs to be withdrawn and can not ask to be held anymore. Any work permit she had with the 1st 485 is not going to be valid anymore and she will have to wait for the subsequent 765 attached to the second 485 to be processed.

7 hours ago, Blunt said:

For VAWA address changes must be notarized and sent to VSC. Do not use online system. Also see Pinkrlions comment about forwarding mail policies.

Timeline
26 minutes ago, username_taken said:

For VAWA address changes must be notarized and sent to VSC. Do not use online system. Also see Pinkrlions comment about forwarding mail policies.

Thanks so much I really appreciate your response....should I print out the AR11 out and notarized it and send it to Vermont and tell them about the change of my address ...cause my wife is stalking over me and I would have left long time but it’s hard to get a room to rent here but now I have found one ...so how should I do it ...should I just Type the new address out and notarize it or I submit it AR11 too...thanks 

Print it out and get it notarized and send to VSC. You can do it online if you want but it may not be acknowledged because its VAWA. For VAWA cases all correspondence from you has to be done on paper directly to Vermont. (your attny has other means of reaching out to VSC but for you the applicant you must use paper mail).  This is for your protection and privacy. You can not get information over the phone or submit things through the online system like address changes as they have no way of verifying it is actually you. 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, xoxox said:

Hi guys .

I am just trying to help one of my friends on her situation .

Can you request copy from USCIS for denied letter 485 from 3 years ago ?

If yes How you can Do that ?

Thanks .

Your friend would have to do a FOIA Request and ask specifically for her denied letter.  She can either write a letter requesting it or complete the form requesting it.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.