2,985 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country:
Timeline

Wow 13 already i start reading at 8 we come along way VJ, all the tears,fear and stress we have share with each other people who were total strangers  that became the voice of reason and experience to say we not alone on this journey.Thanks to everyone.

BLESSING FOR CONTINUING SUPPORT 

AND APPROVALS 🙏🙏

Hello guys!

Again I’m confused and need your advice.

I have asked this question two different immigration attorney and both of them give me different answers.

So I came here to ask you. Maybe you will put a light on this.

So my question is:

I have I-485 through the marriage pending. And I’m going to apply for VAWA.

So i called firs one from US Senator office and she said I can proceed with my pending case go to an interview by myself, explain situation and see why will happen. If they will deny it just reapply.

Another attorney said I can’t do that. Like...how can I go to an interview and try to get GC through the marriage if we are in a divorce process and my “happy” I-485 is not acceptable anymore.

And I can’t use it for my VAWA case. 

And I need apply for new adjustments of status.

I need your help guys.

So confused. My head is just about to explode!

Filed: IR-4 Country: Norway
Timeline
6 minutes ago, HolaBola31 said:

Hello guys!

I have asked this question two different immigration attorney and both of them give me different answers.

So my question is:

So i called firs one from US Senator office and she said I can proceed with my pending case go to an interview by myself, explain situation and see why will happen. If they will deny it just reapply.

Another attorney said I can’t do that. Like...how can I go to an interview and try to get GC through the marriage if we are in a divorce process and my “happy” I-485 is not acceptable anymore.

I need your help guys.

go to the interview and plead with the officer to hold the i485 for your vawa so you wont need to pay another money and if the officer refuses which is not guaranteed that the officer will hold it..then u file another one

Hi Guys .

I have heard that when people go to interview they take photo and fingerprint During the interview .. I am wondering why ?

Which photo they use to print out GC Card when applicant got approved are they using the photo which they took at 485 interview or the photo they took it before at biometric appointment or the photo which applicant summited along with them application ? 

One More questions please .

can you Wear eyes glasses when they take photo during 485 interview ?

Edited by xoxox

Good morning to all of you amazing people, after being absent for a while it feels amazing to read all those success stories and hopefully there will be more to come. I have good news finally i manage to separate myself from my abuser the judge finally finalize my divorce. On the other hand, im still waiting on the background check to be complete by USCIS even tho i file in 2015 i still have some fate left even tho it seems like something bad will happen. And i just want to say thank you to everyone here, and to say thank you for all your support and reply to all those questions and concerns, and especially a big thank you to sandranj she has been a beacon to all of us god bless you and your family and thank you for everything.  God bless you all and hope you will get the good news that all of you are waiting on.

Also, can someone tell me if i can make an info pass appointment at the field office in Baltimore i mean can i make an info pass in person or only online?

Filed: Timeline

Guys, quick question.

I have a vawa approved and and EAD C31 for few months already. Waiting the interview. 

Im traveling March 29 and coming back April 7. My EAd C09 expired April 15.  8 days after my arrival. Question is, is that ok traveling with a EAD near to expiration date?

Thank you

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, HolaBola31 said:

Hello guys!

So my question is:

I need your help guys.

Sup... I have a pending i485 from my spouse and now am in my vawa process.. I filed vawa September 20th 2018 , and same September I had my i485 interview without my spouse , I took my vawa receipt from USCIS and also a copy of the vawa package that was filed to the i485 interview and explained to the interview officer that I was in an abusive marriage and now I have filed for vawa , I gave him the vawa receipt notice and copy of filed vawa and I told him to pls put my case in abayance /leave my i485 pending and he did left it pending.... advantages of a pending i485 is 

1) you can still apply for EAD or renewal of EAD  and get it under C09 category 

2)once ur vawa gets approved you would need to pay or reapply for another i485

3) its helps you to get ur green card faster after your vawa gets Approved due to you were previous on queue for interview b4 you went and and the i485 to be on hold or leave it pending by the officer... after vawa approved they just put you back in the queue of your interview for i485 then you go and get your green card.. this is the little I know ...

48 minutes ago, IGIT said:

What does it mean new card is being produced in I-360? Is that vawa approval

or is that green card if I applied for both together 

Hi, I got the same one yesterday. 

I dont think its GC yet since they havent transferred it to local office or hadn’t had interview or anything.

I got mine updated in 360 too, not 765. Thats why I am confused if it means an approval. 

Possibility is that we might get EAD under c31 not c9. 

When did you file your 360? 

I filed mine in sep.2017 

so its about time but I had RFE and they received my RFE in november.2017. 

Thats why I was thinking by May this year, my case might be approved. 

Thank you

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
25 minutes ago, digonyc said:

Guys, quick question.

I have a vawa approved and and EAD C31 for few months already. Waiting the interview. 

Im traveling March 29 and coming back April 7. My EAd C09 expired April 15.  8 days after my arrival. Question is, is that ok traveling with a EAD near to expiration date?

Thank you

No pls dont travel , it's not advisable... 

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 hours ago, HolaBola31 said:

Hello guys!

So my question is:

I need your help guys.

Going there to explain the situation makes no sense, USCIS  will deny your AOS, they will not approve your I-485 based on your marriage.What you can try is to inform the officer that you will file VAWA, if you are being abused of course, and ask the officer to put your I-485 on hold, some officers accept others don't, if the officer doesn't accept to put your I-485 on hold then file a new I-485 along with your VAWA.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.