MajaMukanowska

Ridiculous waiting time for an EAD renewal - about to lose job

71 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
1 minute ago, Jorgedig said:

Shouldn't matter if you currently have an AOS pending.  Very strange.

The immigration officer at the Baltimore USCIS field office said those exact words to me and my husband last week:

"Well... This is crappy."

1 minute ago, MajaMukanowska said:

The immigration officer at the Baltimore USCIS field office said those exact words to me and my husband last week:

It sure is!  Good to see their own people can recognize that.  I wish you the best of luck.  No one in the US should ever lose a job because of something like this!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Try leaning harder on the Congressman's office.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

This is a freaking nightmare. I'm so sorry. You seem to be so on top of things, this delay is ridiculous. When I chose to do a K1 it was only because the EAD was supposed to work just as well as a GC in terms of work authorization. My EAD renewal window is opening up soon and stories like these make me reconsider if K1 + EAD was a good way to go, honestly, however unusual your situation may be.

I'd focus on the congressman, too. And do keep us updated.

h

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Georgia
Timeline
10 hours ago, MajaMukanowska said:

Hi everyone,

I think I have the weirdest immigration timeline one could have. K-1 visa got approved pretty fast in May 2017.  Came to the US in June 2017. Got married in July. Applied for the Green Card and EAD/AP in July. Then EAD/AP combo card got approved within 88 days. Here's when the fun starts...

The combo card expired 10/16/18. I applied for the renewal in July 2018 - so in a nice timely manner. 246 DAYS AGO. Even with the 180 days automatic extension, I will still lose my job in 3 weeks.

Yes, I made an Infopass appointment. They can't rush EADs, but they put in a request for the Green Card interview expedition - since it's been almost 2 years that I'm waiting for it. Well, that's nice of them, but I still have no sign of it happening anytime soon.

Yes, I have a lawyer. Apparently the best immigration lawyer in Maryland. She said I'm really on top of my paperwork so there is noting she can do for me.

Yes, I called the landline and put in service request - 3 of them. I call every 30 days. Everytime someone promisses to take care of it, and NOTHING HAPPENS.

Yes, I have my congressman working on the case. So what. They told me they will get back to me once USCIS replies. They never did.

Yes, I sent letters from my employer stating he's gonna be terminating me SOLELY because of EAD expiring. And mine and my husbands testimonies of financial hardships we're gonna face. Had the congressman forward the same letters to USCIS, too.

I guess I'm gonna lose a job that I love, because of nothing.

Anyone there with a similar problem?

Thanks, guys

Maja

IMG_9333.jpg

I would recommend reaching out to multiple congressman and senator offices as well as ombudsman. I did that when I tried to expedite EAD. While there are never guarantees I have seen this work for many and myself. Make sure to take time to describe your situation to small detail and ask for help. It worked for me twice!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
20 minutes ago, kvito28 said:

I would recommend reaching out to multiple congressman and senator offices as well as ombudsman. I did that when I tried to expedite EAD. While there are never guarantees I have seen this work for many and myself. Make sure to take time to describe your situation to small detail and ask for help. It worked for me twice!

I thought each district only had one congressman. Are we allowed to reach out to any congressman, or just the one from our district? I know we have two senators, but I thought we only had one representative.

c9 AOS Concurrently filed I-130 & I-130A, I-485, I-131, I-765

2019-02-21 Package sent to Chicago Lockbox via FedEx

2019-03-09 Notice received via USPS

2019-03-15 Biometrics Appointment Notice received

2019-03-26 Attended Biometrics Appointment

2019-04-01 Case is ready to to be scheduled for an interview

2019-04-22 Interview Notice received via USPS

2019-05-20 Interview: Approved after 82 days.

2019-05-21 Card in production

2019-05-22 Card was mailed to you (no tracking)

2019-05-29 Green Card in hand.

I-751 Removal of Conditions

2021-03-23 Package Sent via FedEx

2021-04-01 Package Received Texas Service Center

2021-04-21 I-797C Notice Date

2021-04-26 Notice Received via USPS

2021-05-04 Biometrics were reused

2021-11-16 New card is being produced

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Georgia
Timeline
27 minutes ago, junkmart said:

I thought each district only had one congressman. Are we allowed to reach out to any congressman, or just the one from our district? I know we have two senators, but I thought we only had one representative.

I have certainly asked for help to more than one congresman at a time and they accepted my inquiries. I may be wrong about the senator. I will check my files later and post.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, kvito28 said:

I have certainly asked for help to more than one congresman at a time and they accepted my inquiries. I may be wrong about the senator. I will check my files later and post.

Both Representatives and Senators are called congressmen. You (we) are represented by one Representative from your (our) district, and two senators from your (our) state. Has anyone else has success with reaching out to a representative from another district?

Edited by junkmart

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
10 hours ago, USS_Voyager said:

There was a post earlier today or yesterday about a teleconference the USCIS Ombudsman is holding specifically on the long delays in processing of EADs and they want to hear specifically from skateholders (employers and employees). Maybe you (and your employer) should call in.

Yes that's my post. Please OP contact the Ombudsman today.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

9 hours ago, MajaMukanowska said:

It will be really good if you and your employer can call in 

https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/USDHS/bulletins/2377b64

18 minutes ago, dwheels76 said:

Yes that's my post. Please OP contact the Ombudsman today.

Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Renewal for us, 208 days and still waiting.

Formally Known as Paris Heart   A long, long time ago       france paris GIF

N-400  APPLIED FOR CITIZENSHIP:    Interview will be Houston Tx office.

Mailed:  11/13/2023

Delivered to USCIS Lock Box:  11/15/2023

Credit Card payment processed:  11-16-2023

Received Receipt #   via Text:  11-17-2023

I-797C Receipt received:  11-27-2023

Biometrics  will be reused per letter: 11-27-2023

FILED  AOS FROM AN EXPIRED VISITORS VISA:

Sent: 9/12/16: I-130 + I-485 + I-765 (USPS)

Delivered: Sept. 15th 2016 to Chicago Lock Box

Interview Feb  21st, 2018 for I-485

Interview  May 13th, 2019 for I-130 Stokes interview ( 2 minutes)

NOID issued May 17th 2019

June 5th,2019   USCIS received my response on the  NOID// Addressed the NOID myself, No lawyer ever used in case.

July 1st, 2019  10 YEAR GREEN CARD APPROVED

July 5th, 2019   Approval letters for I-130 & I-485 received in the USPS  mail.

July 11th 2019   Green Card in Hand

happy tom and jerry GIF

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
2 hours ago, junkmart said:

Both Representatives and Senators are called congressmen. You (we) are represented by one Representative from your (our) district, and two senators from your (our) state. Has anyone else has success with reaching out to a representative from another district?

As a complete aside, the term "congressmen" is almost never used to refer to senators.

13 hours ago, MajaMukanowska said:

Hi everyone,

I think I have the weirdest immigration timeline one could have. K-1 visa got approved pretty fast in May 2017.  Came to the US in June 2017. Got married in July. Applied for the Green Card and EAD/AP in July. Then EAD/AP combo card got approved within 88 days. Here's when the fun starts...

The combo card expired 10/16/18. I applied for the renewal in July 2018 - so in a nice timely manner. 246 DAYS AGO. Even with the 180 days automatic extension, I will still lose my job in 3 weeks.

Yes, I made an Infopass appointment. They can't rush EADs, but they put in a request for the Green Card interview expedition - since it's been almost 2 years that I'm waiting for it. Well, that's nice of them, but I still have no sign of it happening anytime soon.

Yes, I have a lawyer. Apparently the best immigration lawyer in Maryland. She said I'm really on top of my paperwork so there is noting she can do for me.

Yes, I called the landline and put in service request - 3 of them. I call every 30 days. Everytime someone promisses to take care of it, and NOTHING HAPPENS.

Yes, I have my congressman working on the case. So what. They told me they will get back to me once USCIS replies. They never did.

Yes, I sent letters from my employer stating he's gonna be terminating me SOLELY because of EAD expiring. And mine and my husbands testimonies of financial hardships we're gonna face. Had the congressman forward the same letters to USCIS, too.

Thanks, guys

Maja

IMG_9333.jpg

This may be incorrect information, but have you looked into an Interim EAD? I've seen on multiple sites this info:

"Request an interim card. If the USCIS fails to make a decision on your EAD renewal within 90 days (or 30 days if you are an asylum applicant), you may request an interim EAD. This document can be granted for up to 240 days.

• You can request an interim card, in-person, at a local USCIS office.
  • Make an appointment at your local office at http://www.uscis.gov/news/fact-sheets/your-guide-infopass.
  • You must bring with you a document verifying your identity and the Receipt Notice showing that your application has been pending for more than 90 days"

I dont know if it is accurate, but couldn't hurt to try!

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Will_and_Tu said:

As a complete aside, the term "congressmen" is almost never used to refer to senators.

Agreed! I waited too long to edit my response.

Filed: Timeline
15 hours ago, MajaMukanowska said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks, guys

Maja

IMG_9333.jpg

we are in the same boat. I sent my EAD Renewal July 2018 and it’s still pending up to this day. I even call the customer service every week but still they can’t provide much information. I will lose my job in 4 weeks if I don’t do a Employment re-verification 😞 Do you think sending a new EAD renewal papers will be our best option?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.