Kratos

Visa Refusal: Kindly explain where I went wrong?

100 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

CO think as an energetic young guy from Nigeria not married, no child, no big tiers in the  country. what do you get to loose when you don't return!! co decision to refused was already made from the ds-160 you summited so there was no need to verify your documents, good luck next time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I am not say everyone is, how would the Consulate know which documents are genuine, semi genuine or fake.

The people interviewing would see these businesses, know what goes on.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Just now, Boiler said:

I am not say everyone is, how would the Consulate know which documents are genuine, semi genuine or fake.

The people interviewing would see these businesses, know what goes on.

You have a point. 

Let me work on my travel History. I guess that answers all questions. No wife, no child and basically I dont have something bringing me back home. Suppose i have visited a nation and come back, and followed immigration laws, i guess i wouldnt have this problem.

I have learnt. possibly, when i want to try next time , i know who  hit up to help me out

5 minutes ago, Kratos said:

You have a point. 

Let me work on my travel History. I guess that answers all questions. No wife, no child and basically I dont have something bringing me back home. Suppose i have visited a nation and come back, and followed immigration laws, i guess i wouldnt have this problem.

I have learnt. possibly, when i want to try next time , i know who  hit up to help me out

Dont just look up at the US as a travel destination. It's likely other nations mentioned in one link on pg 2 here have events that help you learn and advance your career back home in Nigeria. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Just now, WeGuyGal said:

Dont just look up at the US as a travel destination. It's likely other nations mentioned in one link on pg 2 here have events that help you learn and advance your career back home in Nigeria. 

:) Absolutely not. 

I don't have an immediate family there in America as i told the V.O (Basically i don't have to lie) I just wanted to learn some few things and add to what I know about Oil and gas , Naval Engineering and architecture , software solutions and all. I plan on owning a company sometime in the near future. And i don't see a reason why Navy , Oil and gas companies or Companies in the Energy sector would not be a client. No harm in learning new things , don't you think so.

I don't see USA as a travel destination. OTC was also held in Brazil and I think Chile , should it be held here in Nigeria, I would also go for the conference as well. Its about sharpening my mind, not running away.

Timeline

The good news is that there are plenty of conference options not in the US.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
3 hours ago, Kratos said:

:) I had that in my Ds-160.

Visa officer did not even ask for any form of Documentation. He just handed over a Blue paper like we had a Fight earlier.

Not a solution or to make you feel better, but you can blame your fellow Nigerians unfortunately.

Landed properties have no value to the CO. They can be sold while you are here or left fallow. Your job while important, needs to be very high paying for Nigerian AND US standards, you are single, not married, no kids, young (probably). They know the tricks that people play to come here...

Just life. When you get a wife, children etc, then it might be easier

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

The biggest OTC is held each year in Houston TX

the Underwater Intervention was held February this year in New Orleans and done already

if i were you,  i would plan to attend the OTC in Brazil in October 2019

you can find info on that conference online

http://www.otcbrasil.org/

it is not the biggest conference but there is still information to be learned

going to one or more and returning to your home country may help you with a US visa for the Houston event next year

Timeline

i have read your posts

Have you considered , as an IT professional,  to post your resume online to US firms and going for a work visa?

Look into the ones who need a project manager to estimate jobs

Underwater jobs in the US are given out to the company that successfully bids the project and much of the work to do this is done with good IT experience

1.   need to know the job as posted 

2.  need to know all materials required / we even sent 3 cranes to China for the big dam and one was so huge they left it there

3.   need to know the cost of the labor involved 

there are programs out there that assist with all this info /  my son wrote one

But if you are good in IT and really want to further your career,  worth a try

this job is not easily fullfilled by someone in the US as they don't have both IT and oil field experience

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
6 hours ago, arken said:

You have no fault but the situation is created by thousands of others who came to US on visitor/business visas and never returned. V.O. was probably thinking like, “an unmarried person of this age going to US on a not so important conference, does he lose anything if he stays in the US and doesn't return back.” 

It happens due to other people of your own country.

Exactly!

46 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

i have read your posts

Have you considered , as an IT professional,  to post your resume online to US firms and going for a work visa?

Look into the ones who need a project manager to estimate jobs

Underwater jobs in the US are given out to the company that successfully bids the project and much of the work to do this is done with good IT experience

1.   need to know the job as posted 

2.  need to know all materials required / we even sent 3 cranes to China for the big dam and one was so huge they left it there

3.   need to know the cost of the labor involved 

there are programs out there that assist with all this info /  my son wrote one

But if you are good in IT and really want to further your career,  worth a try

this job is not easily fullfilled by someone in the US as they don't have both IT and oil field experience

OP has not expressed any interest in working in the US. He's looking to expand his base of knowledge and solidify work ties in Nigeria. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Timeline
1 minute ago, WeGuyGal said:

OP has not expressed any interest in working in the US. He's looking to expand his base of knowledge and solidify work ties in Nigeria. 

I was wondering where that came from.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, WeGuyGal said:

he mentioned wanting to learn and see all things new to the job

to me it suggests growing with the industry by upgrading your position and making a more profitable career

and no one will walk up and offer a job

a resume is needed even if with the same company

and Chevron and Shell are working in Nigeria

maybe he doesn't want to work in the US but he does express interest in developement

5 hours ago, WeGuyGal said:

And as others have noted, your fellow Nigerians don't exactly have a stellar reputation about returning home from the US in the past

This ^

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.