Kratos

Visa Refusal: Kindly explain where I went wrong?

100 posts in this topic

Just now, Boiler said:

One of those wonder what the real deal is situations.

lol, Because I am Nigerian? So officially all Nigerians are bad or what exactly? :D So it means every Nigerian is bad and want to Run from other nations to Pollute the other nations they run to. How do you think things out?

Like i said , If I go some place else to have that knowledge , I do not see myself coming to the US again for now. I remember someone asking me if I wanted to get something like an H1B , Me not replying to that comment means I have no interest in that. Other than that, I can go to Israel or Germany and expand from there. I have a skill in Software Engineering mind you.

US is not seen to me as a Destination. Besides I didnt gather and know what i know now in the US. Kindly stop making it an Issue. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I have read most maybe all of your posts on this forum, what am I supposed to think?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Kratos said:

Well i do Own properties here , Plus I am the only son of my Parents here too and besides only having my own job and some other things , Myself and my father own a Business here as well. Plus i work. I dont know maybe i should have this in my next Ds-160 come November. I even thank God its not a Pink paper given.

Most fellas here says i have not traveled before and that happens to be my downfall. So i guess i would have to work on my travel for a conference some other place before I try by November again.

I wish you luck just know that regardless of ignorance being displayed on your post stay positive.  They judge a whole Country for mistakes of a few bad apples. Forgetting that when we travel abroad we are also judged by "their president"  and acts of other Americans. Such is life

Timeline

Sadly most people responding aren't familiar with the Embassy there. In third world countries your not allowed to speak unless spoken to. You cant give them papers if they dont ask. You could perfectly have everything in order and still get denied is it right? No but its important to top load when applying for visit which mean give enough explanation on application that they would want to see your documents. Best of luck 

Timeline

Same procedure everywhere, there is no 'top load' for a visitor visa. Just the application.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

7 minutes ago, Mrs. Oluyede said:

I wish you luck just know that regardless of ignorance being displayed on your post stay positive.  They judge a whole Country for mistakes of a few bad apples. Forgetting that when we travel abroad we are also judged by "their president"  and acts of other Americans. Such is life

I have a Bsc Computer science and Statistics. A Diploma in Software Engineering, Have another Certification in Cyber Security. 

I have taught .NET in 2 companies and written several documentations on system take overs and software security.

I currently work as a Solutions Architect and they send me to Companies here in Nigeria to do jobs for them. I presently completed a job for WEMA bank, I built their travel Request application, the one with Bank of Industry here is on the way...  before heading on to Total to design this their Portal where they can upload videos and documents to make reference to Later on, I just completed their E-Learning customized portal which was built too.

Amongst one or two of the software I have used , Most were studies on the internet i got , plus going onsite as a vendor made me work hand in hand with other staff of Total. I am not a layabout, I have a Job that gives me good Pay. 

Many of these people think Nigerians are thieves , lol :D I am one of those Honest Nigerians who work hard for my daily bread and i am proud, very proud of it. Stop denting Nigerians as bad people.

Edited by Kratos

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Same procedure everywhere, there is no 'top load' for a visitor visa. Just the application. 

I clearly explained what "I" meant by saying top load maybe you should read what I said. If you have things in order on app and not leave important things off will give you better opportunity to have documents looked at. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Kratos said:

I have a Bsc Computer science and Statistics. A Diploma in Software Engineering, Have another Certification in Cyber Security. 

I have taught .NET in 2 companies and written several documentations on system take overs and software security.

I currently work as a Solutions Architect and they send me to Companies here in Nigeria to do jobs for them. I presently completed a job for WEMA bank, I built their travel Request application, the one with Bank of Industry here is on the way...  before heading on to Total to design this their Portal where they can upload videos and documents to make reference to Later on, I just completed their E-Learning customized portal which was built too.

Amongst one or two of the software I have used , Most were studies on the internet i got , plus going onsite as a vendor made me work hand in hand with other staff of Total. I am not a layabout, I have a Job that gives me good Pay. 

Many of these people think Nigerians are thieves , lol :D I am one of those Honest Nigerians who work hard for my daily bread and i am proud, very proud of it. Stop denting Nigerians as bad people.

Exactly and proud of your accomplishments just sad how they discriminate against Nigerians. 

21 minutes ago, Mrs. Oluyede said:

its important to top load when applying for visit which mean give enough explanation on application that they would want to see your documents.

There is no way to do this on the DS-160. There's no place to enter an explanation for any ties.

Edit: And as noted, they can't verify documents on the spot so they have very little to any value even if they did see them.

Edited by geowrian

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Mrs. Oluyede said:

I clearly explained what "I" meant by saying top load maybe you should read what I said. If you have things in order on app and not leave important things off will give you better opportunity to have documents looked at. 

Documents are very rarely looked at for reasons that have been explained. They are interviewing the person, not a document.

If there was some magical document it would be asked for.

2 minutes ago, Mrs. Oluyede said:

Exactly and proud of your accomplishments just sad how they discriminate against Nigerians. 

You don't blame them. Nigerians are monsters, And the Syrians and ISIS Iraqis are angels :D 

They just know Nothing. Nigeria , Kenya and SA are ahead in software solutions here in Africa, and I am very proud that I know somethings and have worked on few things even the whites here have worked on. To them all Nigerians are broke and poor. 

Ignorance , really is terrible.

1 minute ago, geowrian said:

There is no way to do this on the DS-160. There's no place to enter an explanation for any ties.

Exactly my point. 

Now you see applying for even the Visas is even terrible too. Or do i hold up the documents like a banner? You don't expect me to show you my documentation, then you give a blue paper because I am not married and have a child and I have not been outside Nigeria before. What if i don''t have anyone to invite me?  And some guy comes here to talk ill of people he hasn't even seen before!

I suggest laying off the personal, OP, focus on progressing in your career by attending events in nations where you can. 

This forum has nothing against various nationalities, just fact based advice. Can't deny certain bad apples from high-fraud nations have tainted the process for genuine applicants. 

The US b2 visa process can appear unfair at times, but it is what it is. US law states COs must deem all NIV applicants as potential immigrants, and up to the applicant to prove otherwise. 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.