El Paso

F1 student Visa- Deported, looking for waiver to apply

55 posts in this topic

:pop:

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

17 hours ago, El Paso said:

Hello,

I am an undergraduate student(F1 student visa). During my winter break of 2018, I came to visit my home for a month. While going back to the States, I was denied entry into the country and was  deported from the port of entry at San Francisco International Airport.

The CBP(Custom and Border Protection) officer stated that I will be deported because I violated F-1 visa law by working off- campus job and I am barred to enter the United States for 5 years. He also informed me that if I need to come back to the United States to complete my study, I will have to apply for Inadmissibility Waiver and re-apply for a new visa. I, along with few of my friends and family have been researching about immigration laws regarding deportation and we have found out that I still have a chance of reapplying visa to continue my study. I  would like to kindly request to receive further details to apply for the inadmissibility waiver so that I can apply for a new visa to complete my education. Does anyone have idea of such cases being solved?

Please advise anything if you know about such cases.

Thank you

Dear Friend, i am really sorry about this all happen to you.  You have 2 choices. 

1- Get immigration lawyer, your family already struggling with fiances so it upto you.

2- Move on and find another country to study.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

The 20 hours on Campus is by no means guaranteed and presumably does not pay well, if you can get waivers it will take much longer than a semester.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

You're going to get little sympathy from people here when you broke our laws intentionally. Just saying...

The chances of being granted a waiver, let alone another student visa, are about zero to none. What's so important to you about studying in the US, especially when your finances are at best questionable?

3 hours ago, El Paso said:

Well, i talked to the university s international student office about my case saying that i was n't aware about offcampus work was not allowed. They said they will help me with the needed paper works, new i20, SEVIS management. They are ready to help. Now, this semester i am on semester break. It's all up to getting waiver and a new visa.

It is your responsibility to know the terms of the visa.

It more like generalizing , i said like "i found most of other people too working so i also worked,"

Well, I’m very curious what college you were attending that seems to be full of F1 students working illegally.

both the above extracts do make me think “visa mill”. I know of colleges where they would definitely not be so blasé about students violating the terms of their visas.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Now, this semester i am on semester break. It's all up to getting waiver and a new visa.

I’d put your chances of waiver plus new visa within the space of one semester very close to zero, both time wise and what you would need to convince a CO, but I guess all we can do is now is wish you luck. If you do get another visa, be very careful not to break the rules again, as that would almost certainly guarantee it would be the last US visa you ever get.

6 hours ago, CEE53147 said:

Most international student office tell students in no uncertain terms that they may not work except in specific circumstances.

You deserve the punishment.  You need to look for another country - including your own - in which to study. Your poor judgment has doomed your future in the US. You will get no sympathy or forgiveness in the future.

It's more like most of the students are working illegally, i just happen to be unlucky that day.
I am on 5 years ban. WHat will be the probability of getting visa after the ban ends?

Yeah i am also thinking of studying in other country or in my own.

Edited by El Paso

Timeline

Probably depends on what sort of visa you would be looking to apply for.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

16 hours ago, mhis82 said:

Dear Friend, i am really sorry about this all happen to you.  You have 2 choices. 

1- Get immigration lawyer, your family already struggling with fiances so it upto you.

2- Move on and find another country to study.

Yeah, I am thinking to conuslate with lawyer first and only decide what to do, either apply for wiaver or continue my study in my country or other country

Timeline

Please let us know what the Lawyer says.

12 hours ago, El Paso said:

It's more like most of the students are working illegally, i just happen to be unlucky that day.

Wow, really? Not at reputable colleges, a few students probably do, no way is it “most” of them. I looked up some of the other colleges, they include warnings that violating visa terms could endanger their status on campus. Your college does seem particularly enabling of visa violators.

But sure, blame your “bad luck” rather than the fact you broke the law - that’s what got you into trouble, not luck!!!

Edited by SusieQQQ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.