1,474 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I am officially joining the club.  I just finished collecting and scanning the support documents for my wife's I-751 package which I will send out in 10 days.  I hope we can avoid an interview.  These are the documents I have prepared:

READY-Apartment lease with both our names & signatures
READY-Periodic Joint bank checking acct statements since wife's arrival in June 2017.
READY-Deed for new home with both our names
READY-Home Mortgage Lender Letter with both our names.
READY-Credit Cards showing both on joint account with same card number.
READY-Amazon delivery label showing both names and our current address.
READY-Wife's Military Dependent ID card showing me as the sponsor.
READY-Tricare Eligibility Letter showing both of us together.
READY-Military pay statement showing wife as my benefic.
READY-Texas Health Care Directives appointing each other as sole health care proxy(Advanced Directives)
READY-Our Texas driver's licenses with same address for both of us
READY-2018 Joint Tax ReturnTax Returns 
READY-Pictures of us on special occasions here in the US.
READY-Car Insurance Cards showing both of us as insured drivers for our car
READY-Boarding Passes for Las Vegas Valentine Day Trip 2019
READY-Utility application showing both our names for our current address

READY- Scanned front and back of wife's conditional Green Card

I plan to attach a cover letter per the example in the VJ I-751 guide, a check for $680.00, and the completed I-751.

Am I missing anything?

Edited by missileman

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

31 minutes ago, missileman said:

I am officially joining the club.  I just finished collecting and scanning the support documents for my wife's I-751 package which I will send out in 10 days.  I hope we can avoid an interview.  These are the documents I have prepared:

READY-Periodic Joint bank checking acct statements since wife's arrival in June 2017.
READY-Texas Health Care Directives appointing each other as sole health care proxy(Advanced Directives)

I plan to attach a cover letter per the example in the VJ I-751 guide, a check for $680.00, and the completed I-751.

Am I missing anything?

I don't know if it necessary but I also included Marriage License + A couple sworn statement from friends 

N400 (Open window 1/24/2020)

03/03/2020: online submitted N400 application

ROC I-751 (Open window 1/24/2019)

03/11/19: I751 sent to Phoenix, AZ.

03/12/19: Package delivered and signed for

03/19/19: The check was cashed. Text message was received couple hours later (#LIN)

03/22/19: Received NOA/18 months extended letter for GC

9/14/19: Biometrics letter received in the mailbox. Appointment is on Sep 25,2019

1/24/2020:  "New card is being produced"

AOS for K1

07/07/16: I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application sent to USCIS Chicago IL.

07/08/16: Package delivered

7/12/16: Electronic texts & email receiveds

7/15/16: 3 Hardcopy NOA1s received in the mailbox with dated July 11,2016

7/23/16: Biometrics letter received in the mailbox. Appointment is on Aug 4,2016

8/4/16: BIO is done at Denver USCIS support center

8/17/16: I485 changed to "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" When????

9/12/16: EAD/AP status changed to New card is being produced ---> then EAD/AP approved same day

9/16/16: EAD/AP Hard copy approval notices received. Card was mailed to me

9/23/16: EAD/AP combo card received

Aos interview 4/24/2017 --> approved on the spot. GC expire 4/24/2019

K-1 Journey:

1/18/16: I-129F Package sent via FedEx to Lewisville, TX

1/20/16: I-129F Package delivered

1/21/16: Electronic text & email received

1/22/16: NOA1 notice date (routed to CSC)

1/29/16: Hardcopy NOA1 received in the mailbox.

3/18/16: NOA2 received via text and email :dancing: :dancing:

4/6/16: NVC received

6/2/16: Interview day -->> Approved

6/12/16: Entered USA (POE Dallas/Texas)

6/14/16: Obtained marriage license at local COS office. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, ken88 said:

I don't know if it necessary but I also included Marriage License + A couple sworn statement from friends 

Thanks for the suggestions.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

seemingly, there are many people have filed at phoenix, az. that's good so, we can keep tracking our timeline. good luck for all. 

Hi fellow March filers,

My Conditional Green Card expires on 05/30/19 and I plan to file I-751 by 03/20/2019. Based on what I'm reading, that should still be plenty of time to get the process started and receive the 18 month extension before the expiration date, right? I was initially stressing out about having it all submitted right at the start of the 90 days.

I have an embarrassing question.. I'll be sending this from San Francisco, CA to what I'm seeing is the Phoenix, AZ lockbox via USPS Priority Mail, so that flat rate box or envelope is where I can directly put my application in, right? I don't need a separate envelope to go inside the envelope? I don't have experience sending snail mail..

I do not feel compelled to get affidavits from people, but what are my fellow applicants doing nowadays?

Should I explain that we haven't filed 2018 taxes? Also, we never bothered opening joint bank accounts because we didn't feel it ever necessary since we are both employed and we each know what we are responsible for in terms of shared finances. Most things go on the credit cards to farm points and we each have our own bank accounts to pay off our fair share of the charges. Should I explain that at all?

In order, my package will have the check for $680 > cover letter > form G-1145 > form I-751 with required docs and the following pieces of evidence for a bonafide marriage:

Exhibit A – Tax Returns
1.    2016 Jointly Filed Tax Returns
2.    2017 Jointly Filed Tax Returns

Exhibit B – Condominium Jointly Purchased in Utah
1.    2017 Mortgage Interest Statement
2.    2018 Mortgage Interest Statement
3.    Current Mortgage Balance
4.    Landlord Insurance Statement

Exhibit C – Residences in California
1.    First CA Lease Agreement
2.    Second and Latest CA Lease Agreement
3.    Renter’s (Homeowners) Insurance Statement

Exhibit D - Vehicle Documents
1.     Auto Insurance Statement
2.    Collateral Worksheet for Loan and Title on car

Exhibit E – My Employer Insurance Benefits with Spouse
1.    My current employer insurance benefits for Spouse, including 401(k)
2.    My Life Insurance Approval Notice

Exhibit F – Spouse's Employer Insurance Benefits with me
1.    2017 1095-B with both names listed
2.    2018 1095-B with both names listed
3.    Spouse’s 2018 employer insurance details
4.    Spouse’s 2019 employer insurance details
5.    Spouse’s 403(b) listing Ulises as primary beneficiary
6.    Health insurance cards with both names listed

Exhibit G - Shared Credit Cards
1.    Front and back of 2 shared credit cards
2.    First card's Statement of user showing Spouse as authorized user
3.    Second card's Statement of user showing Spouse as authorized user

Exhibit H - Previous Travel
1.    2017 May Orlando, FL Vacation Pictures and Flights
2.    2017 Sept Cruise Vacation Pictures, Cruise Booking, and Flights
3.    2018 May Chicago, IL Vacation Pictures and Flights
4.    2018 SLC to San Francisco Pre-Move Flights
5.    2018 SLC to San Francisco Final Move Pictures and Flights
6.    2018 September Portland, OR Vacation Pictures and Flights
7.    2019 January Las Vegas, NV Vacation Pictures and Flights

Exhibit I - Future Travel
1.     2019 April Utah Visit
2.    2019 May Europe Vacation Flight Reservation
3.    2020 September Cruise Vacation Booking Confirmation

Exhibit J – Pictures with Family and Friends
1.    In chronological order from July 2017 through February 2019 and featuring names

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 3/11/2019 at 10:59 PM, Skeiamn said:

Hi! I will be sending off my application 03/15/2019. I have a question - Can I do one check for $680 or do I need to do one for $595 (app fee) and one for $85 (bio metrics)? Also do you guys send a copy of your marriage certificate?

Thanks!

I sent one check for $680. In the memo, I wrote filing and biometric fee. Yes, I did include a copy of my marriage certificate.

Timeline
21 hours ago, ajmhutton said:

I looked at my bank account this morning and USCIS have cashed the check. Now just waiting on text/email confirmation and the actual NOA...I had confirmed delivery but it's reassuring to know it definitely got to the right place and things can slowly start moving forward ☺️

Congrats! Did you include the G-1145 form to get email/text on the status? I think I got it because I included that. I haven't received NOA in mail yet.

Timeline
18 hours ago, missileman said:

Am I missing anything?

1) Make sure you include credit card statements. They need to see the activities as well.

2) I included our checking and savings accounts letter from the bank (stating the joint owners and when the account was open with an average 12-month balance) and 4 months statements for each account.

3) I also included a copy of the sams club card and the receipts since December (you can download the receipts online). If you have Costco, include that too.

4) Utilities bills from my apartment and current home (i included past 5 months). The old one didn't have my wife's name.

5) Car title showing joint ownership (if you have it joint, include that)

6) **I saw in the instructions that they do need at least two affidavits (page 6 of 10, bullet point #5). Therefore, I included three. Two from family and one of our friends did.

7) I included pictures since 2017 (from the time my wife came to the US). I added the pictures in Word document, 2 to 3 pictures for each month and printed those papers. We did something or the other every other month. 

8) Included health insurance card showing both our names in it.

9) Mortgage statements since December 2018.

I hope this helps.

GS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Finally!! said:

Congrats! Did you include the G-1145 form to get email/text on the status? I think I got it because I included that. I haven't received NOA in mail yet.

Yes, included that form. I'm less anxious now that they've cashed the check, hoping I can let it go a little and not get stressed expecting to hear something every single day! 

On 3/12/2019 at 1:01 PM, ken88 said:

Nice to meet everyone in this topic. I just mailed our package 3/11/2019. Now the waiting game is started. Good luck to all of us

Mailed mine to Phoenix the same day 😊 the postal service said it was delivered today! 

Hi fellow March filers,

I mailed my forms last week and they arrived (via FedEx) 3/8/2019 at the Texas Service Center. Just saw that my check was cashed today (3/14)

I had originally filled out a G-1145 and was ready to put it in my package, but I read something here that said they aren't used for the I-751 cases (the logic being that it only applies to cases sent to USCIS Lockbox facilities) and so I didn't include it. So I haven't received a text or email with a case number yet, but I'm not too worried about that since the check has been cashed. Just waiting for the NOA in the mail now I guess 😃

Glad to be here and good luck to everyone!

AOS FROM F-1 OPT

July 15th 2016 - Mailed AOS Package (I-485, I-130, I-765, I-131) to Chicago Lockbox
July 18th 2016 - AOS Package Delivered (Day 0)

July 27th 2016 - Email + text notifications + checks cashed (Day 9)

July 29th 2016 - Hard copies of NOA for I-485, I-130, I-765, I-131 (Day 11)
August 10th 2016 - Infopass: Emergency Advance Parole (Approved!) & Biometrics (Day 23)
August 18th 2016 - Traveled home for family emergency (Day 31)

August 28th 2016 - Returned on Emergency Advance Parole (Day 41)

September 6th 2016 - I-485 interview notice sent (Day 51)

September 29th 2016 - EAD Approved (Day 74), no update on MyUSCIS or card received

November 1st 2016 - Service Request for I-765 (Day 106)

November 16th 2016 - New EAD card delivered by USPS (Day 121)

May 16th 2017 - Joint interview, notified of acceptance, card in production (Day 305)

May 19th 2017 - Card mailed (Day 308)

May 21st 2017 - Card received! (Day 310)

ROC (I-751)

March 6th 2019 - Mailed ROC Package (I-751 and Evidence) to Texas Service Center

March 8th 2019 - ROC Package Delivered (Day 0)

March 14th 2019 - Check cashed (Day 6)

March 15th 2019 - NOA arrived (Day 7)
March 29th 2019 - ASC Biometrics Appointment Notice Sent (Day 21)
April 18th 2019 - Biometrics Appointment (Day 41)

Jan 15th 2020 - Notification of case transfer (Day 313) 

March 2nd 2020 - Approved! Notification that card is being produced! (Day 360)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, Finally!! said:

Getting my wife's NOA today in the mail. Will open it tonight when I get home.

GS

I tried to register for informed delivery for a little more peace of mind - sadly not available at my address, fingers crossed for NOA to turn up soon.

2 minutes ago, auturbine said:

Hi fellow March filers,

I mailed my forms last week and they arrived (via FedEx) 3/8/2019 at the Texas Service Center. Just saw that my check was cashed today (3/14)

I had originally filled out a G-1145 and was ready to put it in my package, but I read something here that said they aren't used for the I-751 cases (the logic being that it only applies to cases sent to USCIS Lockbox facilities) and so I didn't include it. So I haven't received a text or email with a case number yet, but I'm not too worried about that since the check has been cashed. Just waiting for the NOA in the mail now I guess 😃

Glad to be here and good luck to everyone!

Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Y’all filed a hella lot more paperwork than we did, and now I’m nervous. We submitted what we could, but it’s not like we did specific things to appease the USCIS officers, we just lived life as normal and barely took any special trips.

Honestly, for the most part my husband and I didn’t do a whole lot of vacationing or anything like that, we worked virtually the entire last two years (I haven’t even taken a single hour of my accrued vacation time since I started work in June 2017...only three months after I became an LPR).

Also I thought filing to Dallas was a Lockbox, so I filed the form for a credit card charge instead (I do have a properly filled out Cashier’s Check, but I kept it once I found out about the Credit Card form). I do see they received on Monday, March 11th as I sent it via certified USPS mail, but I don’t see any charges to my credit card yet.

Oh no. I hope I didn’t screw up.

What really didn’t help was because it seems a bunch of procedures were updated recently, there was a lot of information on VJ, the Internet, etc. that was in discrepancy compared to what was said on USCIS’s website on what to do. I followed what USCIS said to a T, or so I believe. The moment I see a credit card charge however, I’ll know I can at least breathe a sigh of relief.

Edited by zilchfox
Added information.

03-19-2021: Officially an American Citizen 🇺🇸 Entire journey from initial K-1 Visa filing to Naturalization took 5 years, 8 days.

You can see my complete timeline by clicking here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.