Good luck

Spoiler

ROC Journey:

02/17/2019 90 days window open

02/28/2019 ROC Package mailed to Phoenix Lockbox DAY 1

03/02/2019...Received at Phoenix Lockbox DAY 2

03/05/2019...Credit Card Charged DAY 5

03/07/2019...Text message with Receipt # DAY 7 

XX/XX/XX...NOA1 Text & E-mail. (18-months extension)

XX/XX/XX ....(Possible/Optional) I-551 stamp on passport for a 1-year extension

XX/XX/XX...Biometrics notice received - appointment date for (XX/XX/XX) - (Possible/Optional) Early Walk-in date XX/XX/XX

XX/XX/XX ....(Possible/Optional) Interview

XX/XX/XX....I-751 (XX days from NOA1) APPROVED

XX/XX/XX…Card ordered - Card mailed date XX/XX/XX

XX/XX/XX...Approve notice received

Spoiler
Spoiler

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Hi, I am sharing a cover letter sample and a list of evidence organized by exhibits for the convenience of the immigration officer.

December 04, 2015

United States Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

USCIS California Service Center

P.O. Box 10751

Laguna Niguel, CA 92607-1075

USPS Priority Mail Tracking Number: xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xx

ORIGINAL SUBMISSION

RE: I-751 JOINT PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE

FOR HAPPY CHIC #Axxx-xxx-xxx

U.S. Citizen Spouse:

John Doe (DOB: xx/xx/19xx; SSN:xxx-xx-xxxx)

Conditional Resident Spouse:

Happy Chic (DOB: xx/xx/19xx; SSN:xxx-xx-xxxx)

Dear Sir or Madam:

Please find appended Form I-751 and materials to support removal of conditions on residence for my wife, Happy Chic. USCIS granted Happy Chic conditional permanent residence on March 03, 2014.

The materials, which show a merging of our personal and financial lives since marriage (May 1, 2013), are organized in tab dividers for your convenience. For ease of review, pertinent information is highlighted in yellow.

Thank you for your prompt processing of this petition and for what we hope is your favorable response at your earliest opportunity.

Sincerely,

John Doe & Happy Chic

Address Line 1

Address Line 2

Phone (Home): xxx-xxx-xxxx

Phone (Cell): xxx-xxx-xxxx / xxx-xxx-xxxx

E-mail: John Doe e-mail

Happy Chic e-mail

Table of Contents

Exhibit A:

• Original ______ Bank Personal Check, in the amount of $590.00 for payment of the I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence + Biometric fee
  • Enlarged copy of USCIS Form I-551 front and back (Permanent Resident Card)
  • Original Form I-751 filled and signed by John Doe and Happy Chic
  • Addendum I and II to Form I-751

Exhibit B:

• Certified marriage certificate between John Doe and Happy Chic, showing marriage on May 01, 2013 in "City", Wisconsin
  • Copy of the Marriage Certificate signed and stamped by the registrar of the French Republic – Foreign Affairs Ministry showing that our marriage is registered in France
  • Original notarized certified translation of the French Marriage Certificate from French to English
  • Copy of pages 10 and 11 from the French Family Record Book showing that our marriage is registered in France
  • Original notarized certified translation of pages 10 and 11 from the Family Record Book from French to English

Exhibit 😄

• Copy of Happy Chic’s biometric French passport showing “Our Address” as the address of residence on page 3 of passport
  • Copies of Happy Chic’s former permit & current driver’s license, and John Doe’s current driver’s license showing joint residence at “Our Address”

Exhibit 😧

• 2013 Tax account and tax return transcripts from the IRS and copy of 2013 refund check from the IRS addressed to both of us in our joint residence
  • Copy of 2013 Wisconsin State tax refund addressed to both of us
  • 2014 Tax account and tax return transcripts from the IRS and copy of 2014 refund check from the IRS addressed to both of us in our joint residence

Exhibit E:

• Three original notarized affidavits attesting to the bondafide nature of our marriage

Exhibit F:

• Copies of monthly bank statements of our joint checking and savings accounts since inception of the accounts on xx/xx/2013, showing various financial co-mingling such as rent payments, car loan payments, insurance payments, grocery shopping etc.

Exhibit G:

• Copy of lease agreement listing us as joint tenants at “Our Address”, beginning July 01, 2013 and copies of lease renewals for the same address for subsequent terms until June 30, 2016
  • Copies of monthly rent checks issued by both of us to our landlord’s agent from our joint checking account
  • Copies of monthly newsletters from our landlord’s agent addressed to both of us
  • Copies of Our Insurance Company yearly account statements beginning August 12, 2013 until August 12, 2016 listing us as jointly covered under homeowners insurance policy number xxxxxxxxxxxxx for our residence at “Our Address”

Exhibit H:

• Copies of The City of ____ Utilities quarterly statements showing us as jointly responsible for paying water in our joint residence at “Our Address”
  • Copies of ______ Gas and Electric Company monthly statements showing Happy Chic as responsible for paying gas and electricity in our joint residence at “Our Address”
  • Copies of AT&T monthly wireless phone statements showing us maintaining a joint cellular phone plan, which we have been sharing with John Doe’s mother/Happy Chic’s mother-in-law, from the beginning. From July 10, 2015, John Doe’s father/Happy Chic’s father-in-law, also entered our joint cellular phone plan.

Exhibit I:

• Copy of previous health insurance cards, via John Doe’s employer, showing us both covered under the same (former) insurance plan
  • Copies of monthly health premium checks issued by Happy Chic to John Doe’s employer, “Insert employer name”, from our joint checking account beginning May 01, 2013 until April 30, 2014
  • John Doe’s cancellation request via e-mail to cancel our former health insurance and enroll in “Current” Health Insurance
  • Copy of “Current” Health Insurance cards, showing us both covered under the same ongoing health insurance plan and monthly invoices beginning May 01, 2014 showing John Doe as responsible for paying monthly premiums

Exhibit J:

• Copy of John Doe’s Power of Health Attorney for Health Care dated xx/xx/2014, filed in his medical record at _________ Hospital, designating Happy Chic as his health care agent in case he is no longer able to make health care decisions by himself
  • Copy of Happy Chic’s Power of Health Attorney for Health Care dated xx/xx/2014, filed in her medical record at _________ Hospital, designating John Doe as her health care agent in case she is no longer able to make health care decisions by herself
  • Copy of John Doe’s Access Request Form dated August 01, 2014 requesting to grant Happy Chic full access to his medical chart and access approval from _________ Hospital
  • Copy of Happy Chic’s Access Request Form dated August 01, 2014 requesting to grant John Doe full access to her medical chart and access approval from ________ Hospital
  • Copy of John Doe’s indefinite authorization of disclosure of medical information to Happy Chic, registered at our local clinic, __________
  • Copy of Happy Chic’s indefinite authorization of disclosure of medical information to John Doe, registered at our local clinic, __________

Exhibit K:

• Copies of “Store1” Rewards account statements for Account Number: xx-xxx-xxx-xxx-x, for various periods from October 2011, listing us as joint owners
  • Copies of “Store2” Master Cards for Account Number xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx and corresponding statements for various periods from October 2013, with John Doe as the account owner and Happy Chic as the authorized user. Beginning October 2015, the same account changed to new account number xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx. Latest statement with the new number is enclosed
  • Copies of “Store3” Visa Cards for Account Number xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx and corresponding statements for various periods from December 2013, with John Doe as the account owner and Happy Chic as the authorized user
  • Copies of “Credit Company1” Master Cards with two numbers under one account; Numbers xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx & xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx and corresponding statements for various periods from July 2013, with Happy Chic as the account owner and John Doe as the authorized user
  • Copies of “Credit Company2” Visa Cards for Account Number xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx and corresponding statements for various periods from August 2013, with Happy Chic as the account owner and John Doe as the authorized user
  • Copies of “Credit Company3” Visa Cards for Account Number xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx and corresponding statements for various periods from July 2014, with Happy Chic as the account owner and John Doe as the authorized user.
  • Copies of “Credit Company4” Visa Cards for Account Number xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx and corresponding statements for various periods from March 2013, with Happy Chic as the account owner and John Doe as the authorized user.

Exhibit L:

• Copies of John Doe’s Roth Individual Retirement Account statements beginning July, 2014 listing Happy Chic as the primary beneficiary and giving Happy Chic power of attorney for full trading authorization. Happy Chic’s mother is listed as one of the contigent beneficiaries
  • Copies of Happy Chic’s Roth Individual Retirement Account statements beginning July, 2014 listing John Doe as the primary beneficiary and giving John Doe power of attorney for full trading authorization
  • Copies of Brokerage Account statements beginning July, 2014 listing Happy Chic and John Doe as joint tenants by entirety

Exhibit M:

• Copies of down payments, Motor Vehicle Purchase Contract, Wisconsin Title & License Plate Application, Wisconsin Certificate of Vehicle Registration showing joint purchase of the 2014 Brand/Model car and subsequent monthly loan payments from our joint checking account
  • Copies of down payments, Motor Vehicle Purchase Contract, Wisconsin Title & License Plate Application, Wisconsin Certificate of Vehicle Registration showing joint purchase of the 2014 Brand/Model car and subsequent monthly loan payments from our joint checking account until September 2015
  • Copies of Motor Vehicle Lease Order, Motor Vehicle Lease Agreement, Request for Lien Release, Transfer of Ownership of the 2014 Brand/Model as trade-in, Wisconsin Title & License Plate Application, Wisconsin Certificate of Vehicle Registration showing us as lessee and co-lessee to the 2015 Brand/Model car, and subsequent monthly loan payments from our joint checking account
  • Copy of Our Insurance Company Personal Auto Policy statements listing us jointly covered under vehicle insurance policy number xxxxxxxxxxxxxx from April 2013 to April 2016

Exhibit N:

• Travel details of Happy Chic’s Conference trip to Tampa, FL with John Doe as guest in February 2014
  • Travel details of Happy Chic’s Conference trip to San Fransisco, CA with John Doe in March 2014
  • Travel details of Happy Chic’s Conference trip to Philadelphia, PA with John Doe as guest in April 2014
  • Travel details of our international travel to France between January 24, 2015-February 15, 2015 to visit Happy Chic’s birth place
  • Travel details of Happy Chic’s Conference trip to Washington, D.C. with John Doe as guest in August 2015
  • Travel details of our upcoming leisure trip to Dallas, TX in December 2015
  • Travel details of our upcoming international travel to India between January 23, 2016-February 14, 2016

Exhibit O:

• Copies of photos of us together at various events with family and friends throughout the years

Exhibit P:

• Copies of details of our first and second wedding anniverary celebrations; invitations to guests, cards received from family and friends, event bills

Exhibit Q:

• Copies of greeting cards, letters and packages from family and friends addressed to us throughout the years

Exhibit R:

• Copies of Jared The Galleria of Jewelry receipt dated December 2014 and pictures showing John Doe’s purchase of two pendants and an earring for Happy Chic
Evetorres28, nepttako, Mattandsteph and 30 others reacted to this

Spoiler

ROC Journey:

XX/XX/XX...Biometrics notice received - appointment date for (XX/XX/XX) - (Possible/Optional) Early Walk-in date XX/XX/XX

Spoiler
Spoiler

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Glad you have gotten started on your process ! Will mail out my packet March 22nd or 25th ! Good luck to you !!! 

Package sent: 9/08/2016
Received: 9/10/2016
Checks cashed: 9/15/2016

Text/Emails: NONE!!!
NOA in mail: 09/19/2016 - Notice date: 9/14/2016
BIO Appt in the Mail: 09/22/2016 - Scheduled for 10/03/2016- COMPLETED
EAD/AP Approved: 11/15/2016
EAD/AP Received:
Interview:

GC Approved:

GC Received:

Timeline
14 hours ago, EAxTrueHollywood said:

Glad you have gotten started on your process ! Will mail out my packet March 22nd or 25th ! Good luck to you !!! 

Thank you, wish you the same 😎

Spoiler

ROC Journey:

Spoiler
Spoiler

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Cocobongo said:

Thank you, wish you the same 😎

Thanks you!! 

EAD/AP Received:
Interview:

GC Approved:

GC Received:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Mailed my packet out on March 3rd, aaaaand the anxiety and waiting starts all over again! Good luck everyone 😁

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Bose12 said:

Finally it's our month. Mailing out package this month. Thanks for the thread @Cocobongo

Good luck 🙏

Spoiler

ROC Journey:

Spoiler
Spoiler

Timeline

I credit card was charged yesterday but I still haven't received any updates not even from the E notification form that I joint to the package.

Spoiler

ROC Journey:

Spoiler
Spoiler

Timeline
1 hour ago, Bose12 said:

Finally it's our month. Mailing out package this month. Thanks for the thread @Cocobongo

Hello @Bose12 , looks like we are at it back again ! 

EAD/AP Received:
Interview:

GC Approved:

GC Received:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Our package arrived in Phoenix on 2/28 . Received email and text notification this morning 3/5, check cashed this morning 3/5. We got California Service Center.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Preparing wife's app for ROC. In section 5, do we list her children, even though it's an adult child not part of her application? (He's still living and staying in Thailand.)

Thanks in advance,

David

N-400

Spoiler

Apr 5, 2020 - submitted electronically
Dec 22, 2020 - Biometrics Reuse Notice issued
Dec 30, 2020 - Interview Scheduled Notice Jan 28, 2021

Jan 28, 202i - Interview and Oath Ceremony!

ROC

Spoiler

Mar 11, 2019 - 90 Day Window Opens

Mar 11, 2019 - i-751 mailed to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

Mar 19, 2019 - NOA1 Text received, eff date Mar 18, case assigned to LIN

Mar 23, 2019 - NOA1 + 18 month extension letter received.

Sep 26, 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

Jan 28, 2019 - Status change to "Card is Being Produced"

AOS

Spoiler

Nov 13, 2016 - Married

Dec 21, 2016 - AOS packet mailed to Chicago

Jan 12, 2017 - NOA1 Notice Date

Feb 07, 2017 - Biometrics Appointment Honolulu

Apr 12, 2017 - EAD/AP approval notifications received (112 days)

May 05, 2017 - NOA2 for AOS interview received

Jun 09, 2017 - I-485 Interview - Status updated to "New Card Being Produced"

K-1

Spoiler

Feb 05, 2016 - Packet mailed to USCIS

Feb 11, 2016 - NOA1 received, assigned to CSC

Jun 02, 2016 - NOA2 case approved (received via app) - 112 days

July 19, 2016 - Interview - visa application approved!

Oct 29, 2016 - POE Honolulu

Timeline
9 minutes ago, DavidX said:

Preparing wife's app for ROC. In section 5, do we list her children, even though it's an adult child not part of her application? (He's still living and staying in Thailand.)

Thanks in advance,

David

Hi David,

I am not too sure about this one since the kid doesn't live in the country but maybe you should for any future process to bring him in the country.

Spoiler

ROC Journey:

Spoiler
Spoiler

Timeline

Good morning folks!

I just received a text message from USCIS that my case was received with a receipt #WAC........... saying that I should receive my I-797 by mail soon.

I tried to add this receipt # on my USCIS online account with no success since an error message is showing up. 

It might take some time but the good thing is that they received the package and cashed the money. 

Spoiler

ROC Journey:

Spoiler
Spoiler

5 hours ago, Cocobongo said:

Good morning folks!

I just received a text message from USCIS that my case was received with a receipt #WAC........... saying that I should receive my I-797 by mail soon.

I tried to add this receipt # on my USCIS online account with no success since an error message is showing up. 

It might take some time but the good thing is that they received the package and cashed the money. 

Same here. Just received the text and I cannot check the status online yet. I am guessing it takes a while. Interestingly my bank account doesn't show the check has been cashed, but I am assuming if it wasn't I wouldn't had received the text with my case number. This is quite a relief and I intend to forget as much as possible about my case (except for making sure I carry the extension letter, going to biometrics, and looking out for RFEs), until I file N-400 next year. This was very stressful but it is nice to think that it could be the last time I have to submit so much evidence for an application!

AOS (from F-1 Visa)

2016-06-30: AOS package sent

2016-07-07: NOA received

2016-08-05: Biometrics Appt.

2016-09-13: EAD/AP approved. Case status updated to "ready to be scheduled for an interview".

2016-09-23: EAD/AP combo card received.
2017-04-21: Case status updated to interview scheduled and notice mailed. Interview scheduled for 2017-05-25

2017-05-25: Interview went smoothly. Was told that case would be recommended for approval. About 6 hours later, the case status was updated to approved!

2017-05-31: Card mailed.

2017-06-02: Card received!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.