Scott Rusticus

Administrative Processing after visa approval

77 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Scott Rusticus said:

With all due respect sir, this is the LEAST of my worries right now!

Try to calm down, you don’t know if they’ll answer or not. It’s a suggestion. I understand your frustration, my family is in Venezuela. Being frustrated won’t help, the best you can do so far is  call, email, use every tool you have to communicate with  them. For me it took 4 days to get my passport back, maybe is just a delay due to the insecurity right now for government officials.  Try to remain calm and support Yessi as much as you can, everything will be all right.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
18 minutes ago, BryceAndRebeca said:

Try to calm down, you don’t know if they’ll answer or not. It’s a suggestion. I understand your frustration, my family is in Venezuela. Being frustrated won’t help, the best you can do so far is  call, email, use every tool you have to communicate with  them. For me it took 4 days to get my passport back, maybe is just a delay due to the insecurity right now for government officials.  Try to remain calm and support Yessi as much as you can, everything will be all right.

I understand. Thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
10 hours ago, missileman said:

Nothing of significance that I'm aware of........hopefully, it will change to "issued" soon.

Please can sir can you help me explain why I had my interview 11dec 2018 and my case has been created since 25july 2018?

and now I have been on AP ever since.

another thing is was my case on AP even before my interview in Naples? Thanks in advance 🙏🏾

02D7B10A-976B-4A1A-B438-D5C80AF86668.jpeg

Filed: Other Timeline
3 hours ago, jcra615 said:

Nope. 

If you see the USCIS website regarding K1 visas you would see that this is incorrect. See the attached screenshot (under number 4) and the website (https://www.uscis.gov/family/family-us-citizens/visas-fiancees-us-citizens)... the K1 visa is valid for six months for a single entry from the date of issuance. That means that from the date of issuance on the visa, you have six months to arrive to the United States. As soon as you enter the U.S., the visa becomes void as you will have used your only entry permitted on the visa. 

While there is a time frame in which the medical examination becomes void, this has nothing to do with the period of validity of the visa itself. This is the period of validity of the medical examination that you will need to submit with AOS after marriage.  

Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 9.23.44 PM.png

"If the consular officer grants the K-1 nonimmigrant visa, it is valid for up to 6 months for a single entry"

Notice the "up to". Thats because in some cases you can have your medical and interview on the same day... which makes your time stamp 6 months, but visa expiration is based on date of medical.

Edited by cduran

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days & AOS w/EAD and AP: 180 days

Spoiler

K1 Fiance Visa: 207 days                                                                                                                               AOS from K1 w/EAD and AP: 180 days

09/12/18: NOA1 old site (9/17 new site)                                                                                                     05/22/19: AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

01/28/19: NOA2 new site (old site never changed)                                                                                   05/24/19: USCIS Received date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/19/19: NVC Received                                                                                                                                05/29/19: Notice date for AOS/EAD/AP

02/20/19: Case Number Assigned                                                                                                               06/19/19: Biometrics Appointment

04/05/19: Interview - APPROVED!                                                                                                                06/14/19: Biometrics Completed - walk in

04/08/19: CEAC-NIV Application Received                                                                                                 08/06/19: Ready to be Scheduled for Interview Status

04/09/19: CEAC-NIV Administrative Processing                                                                                       10/11/19: Interview Scheduled status

04/10/19: CEAC- Issued                                                                                                                                 11/05/19: EAD/AP approved

04/12/19: Visa in hand                                                                                                                                   11/16/19: EAD/AP card Received

04/30-5/1/19: POE via IAH - Houston, TX                                                                                                   11/18/19: AOS Interview - APPROVED! same day status change to Approved, then New Card being Produced

05/10/19: I Do's!                                                                                                                                               11/25/19: Green Card in Hand

ROC:                                                                                                                                                                  

08/20/21: Filed ROC

08/23/21: USCIS received package

08/25/21: Text received/Case # assigned

08/26/22: Case transferred to NBC for "speedy processing"

Citizenship:

08/22/22: Filed N-400 online

08/22/22: NOA1/Biometrics Reused                                                                                                           

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jerooz said:

Please can sir can you help me explain why I had my interview 11dec 2018 and my case has been created since 25july 2018?

and now I have been on AP ever since.

another thing is was my case on AP even before my interview in Naples? Thanks in advance 🙏🏾

02D7B10A-976B-4A1A-B438-D5C80AF86668.jpeg

Its a normal process every one go through AP after interview I had to wait more then 2 months my visa its issued only yestday !! Did co ask any documents to submit after interview did u get 221g slip ? Created date its once the embassy received ur file then they are update so ur last date update after ur interview 

AP will change to ready 

Then its change to nonimmigrant application received -,>AP> issued 

No worry pray n wait 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

US has ordered non-essential employees to leave the Embassy. Me thinks that includes Visa administrators. Keep your hopes high.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
3 hours ago, Duncan & shif said:

Its a normal process every one go through AP after interview I had to wait more then 2 months my visa its issued only yestday !! Did co ask any documents to submit after interview did u get 221g slip ? Created date its once the embassy received ur file then they are update so ur last date update after ur interview 

AP will change to ready 

Then its change to nonimmigrant application received -,>AP> issued 

No worry pray n wait 

No she didn’t ask for anything more..I guess everything was okay because she my visa will be mailed to me but I have to fill the ds5535 form

that was it ☹️

Timeline
3 hours ago, nastra30 said:

US has ordered non-essential employees to leave the Embassy. Me thinks that includes Visa administrators. Keep your hopes high.

I understand that, but my question is what happens to the passports in their possession that have visas ready to be issued? Where do they go? Who takes over that process? Do they get sent to another embassy to be processed further. How do I get that information??

8 minutes ago, Scott Rusticus said:

I understand that, but my question is what happens to the passports in their possession that have visas ready to be issued? Where do they go? Who takes over that process? Do they get sent to another embassy to be processed further. How do I get that information??

The problem is that you are asking questions that technically nobody on here or any other place would know. Only Embassy workers can specifically answer those questions. There may be a former CO on this board that may chime in. But other than that, all the answers would be speculation. 

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline

Yes, I get that. So then my question is where do I turn when the embassy that possesses their passports in Caracas is closed? Where do I get any information from? I can’t get anyone to answer me over e mail and I would assume no one will be answering phones at the embassy and if there is anyone they won’t have a clue. So, again, I guess I am just asking the kind people of this forum for suggestions and help. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, Scott Rusticus said:

Yes, I get that. So then my question is where do I turn when the embassy that possesses their passports in Caracas is closed? Where do I get any information from? I can’t get anyone to answer me over e mail and I would assume no one will be answering phones at the embassy and if there is anyone they won’t have a clue. So, again, I guess I am just asking the kind people of this forum for suggestions and help. 

So you've already emailed and called them? Or you are not sure they will respond?

CaracasNIV@state.gov

ImmigrantCaracas@state.gov

support-venezuela@ustraveldocs.com

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ve/ve-main-contactus.asp

Timeline

I just got off of the phone with the consulate call center and I was told they will continue to process the visa applications and passports, so I guess we will just wait and see what happens. Since the status says nonimiigrant visa and administrative processing I am hoping that is a good sign that perhaps the visa/passport will be issued soon, at least that is what we are hoping and praying for. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline

I'll chime in a bit. If they chose to depart, they will :
a) Give passports back without processing visas

b) Give passports back with visas to those who were processed before emergency (just needed visa stickers)

c) Move passports and all related paperwork to next closest, safe embassy for further processing and contact the beneficiaries, and applicants (which is most likely)

I'm sure they won't keep the passports forever. Until things calm down - maybe. Budge and call embassy all the time, send emails, that's all you can do. Hopefully You'll get it soon enough.
Good luck

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Scott Rusticus said:

I just got off of the phone with the consulate call center and I was told they will continue to process the visa applications and passports, so I guess we will just wait and see what happens. Since the status says nonimiigrant visa and administrative processing I am hoping that is a good sign that perhaps the visa/passport will be issued soon, at least that is what we are hoping and praying for. 

Oh then You should be alright. Don't mind my other comment. It might take a bit longer, but you should receive passport back within a week or two (since situation is not ordinary and might take a bit longer than usual with all the commotion) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.