Scott Rusticus

Administrative Processing after visa approval

77 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 minute ago, Scott Rusticus said:

Thanks for the reminder. 🤪.  Trump, Pence, Pompeeo, and Guidao have all said the Americans are not leaving. 

Did not book flights. 

Hey, I'm going to GR too! Having my interview next month here in Mexico. It will be nice to get know other venezuelans :)

NOA 1 *NEW* USCIS website: March 01, 2018

RFE USCIS website: September 26, 2018

RFE Hard copy: October 01, 2018

RFE Response Sent:  October 10, 2018

RFE Received by USCIS:  October 16, 2018

NOA2!!!!! *NEW* USCIS website: November 2, 2018

NVC Received: November 14, 2018

NVC Case Number: November 29, 2018

NVC In Transit: December 11, 2018

NVC Ready: December 13, 2018

Medical: February 18, 2019

CAS (Biometrics): February 19, 2019

Interview: February 20, 2019 - APPROVED!

CEAC Issued: Februery 27, 2019

VOH: March 12, 2019

POE: March 23, 2019

Marriage: May 10, 2019

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline
55 minutes ago, Scott Rusticus said:

Well, last week we were so excited because my fiancées visa was approved in Caracas, Venezuela. As of today she has not yet received her and her son’s passports. When she called the embassy today, she was told it was now in administrative processing to check for documents. WHAT??? We got to this point without any issues and now it is in administrative processing? Why? How long will this take? We had plans for them to travel to America next Wednesday! I see it can take anywhere from 10 days to 2 months?????? To complicate things further, her passport expires in September,  so she says if she does not travel in January she will have to apply for an extension for their passports, which can take another two months! Doesn’t the visa have an expiration date on it??? So frustrated. 😢

The date on the visa is the date you receive, physically, the visa. Don't worry about the visa expiring while you are waiting to receive it. Also, you have six months from the date the visa is issued to enter the U.S. on a K1 visa, so even if she did have to get a passport renewal that takes 2 months, it wouldn't be an issue. Inquire at the embassy about the passport expiry issue...they will be able to guide you as to what to do. No sense to put the visa in a passport that is about to be renewed.

Unfortunately, this is an example of why to NOT purchase tickets to travel until you have the visa physically in your hands. Nothing you can do but wait now. When my husband did his K1, he got caught up in some administrative delays (not administrative processing though) and we almost missed the flights we had already (foolishly) booked. 

Best of luck to you! 

I-751

29 Oct 2018      Application Sent

31 Oct 2018      Application Received 

5 Nov 2018       Text confirmation 

6 Nov 2018       Check Cashed

1 Dec 2018       Biometrics Appointment Notice

6 Dec 2018       NOA1 Date

10 Dec 2018     Biometrics Appointment - Syracuse, NY

11 Dec 2018     NOA1 Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
1 hour ago, Khallaf said:

sorry but AP is a black hole, normally all AP cases are resolved in 60-90 days, but it could be days, weeks, months even years.

just have to be patent, the visa when issues will have an expiration date of 6 months from the date of the medical.

did they keep the passports? if so this is a good sign.

keep an eye on the CEAC when it changes from immigrant to nonimmigrant that means the visa is in process of being made.

When I checked CEAC it said nonimmigrant visa. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 minutes ago, jcra615 said:

The date on the visa is the date you receive, physically, the visa. Don't worry about the visa expiring while you are waiting to receive it. Also, you have six months from the date the visa is issued to enter the U.S. on a K1 visa, so even if she did have to get a passport renewal that takes 2 months, it wouldn't be an issue. Inquire at the embassy about the passport expiry issue...they will be able to guide you as to what to do. No sense to put the visa in a passport that is about to be renewed.

Unfortunately, this is an example of why to NOT purchase tickets to travel until you have the visa physically in your hands. Nothing you can do but wait now. When my husband did his K1, he got caught up in some administrative delays (not administrative processing though) and we almost missed the flights we had already (foolishly) booked. 

Best of luck to you! 

I understand his worry because getting a passport in Venezuela is not like "just go and get a new one". 

OP, if the passport expires in September, they can only ask for the extension 6 months before expiration date, that's March, so they still have a month or so to get the passport back. Don't worry things will be stresfull but I'm sure they will be good to go sooner than you expect. Worst case scenario, they would need to get an extension of the visa validity and I'm sure the embassy would understand the situation, but don't focus on that yet.

NOA 1 *NEW* USCIS website: March 01, 2018

RFE USCIS website: September 26, 2018

RFE Hard copy: October 01, 2018

RFE Response Sent:  October 10, 2018

RFE Received by USCIS:  October 16, 2018

NOA2!!!!! *NEW* USCIS website: November 2, 2018

NVC Received: November 14, 2018

NVC Case Number: November 29, 2018

NVC In Transit: December 11, 2018

NVC Ready: December 13, 2018

Medical: February 18, 2019

CAS (Biometrics): February 19, 2019

Interview: February 20, 2019 - APPROVED!

CEAC Issued: Februery 27, 2019

VOH: March 12, 2019

POE: March 23, 2019

Marriage: May 10, 2019

Timeline

Did not buy tickets yet. 

Oh good! I've seen far too many people on these forums that have lost out on expensive....like my husband and I almost did! 

I-751

Timeline
1 minute ago, Daniela M_______ said:

I understand his worry because getting a passport in Venezuela is not like "just go and get a new one". 

OP, if the passport expires in September, they can only ask for the extension 6 months before expiration date, that's March, so they still have a month or so to get the passport back. Don't worry things will be stresfull but I'm sure they will be good to go sooner than you expect. Worst case scenario, they would need to get an extension of the visa validity and I'm sure the embassy would understand the situation, but don't focus on that yet.

I understand the passport renewal issue as well - my husband actually recently travelled to Cuba just to get a new passport and was unable to do so...sorry if I came off rude or not understanding about that. That stuff is no joke in many places. 

I genuinely wish you the best of luck with this! You are through the worst of the process by far. 

I-751

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Scott Rusticus said:

When I looked at it today. 

okay well IDK what is going on over there with the embassy, but if they are trying to get things finished up I would say just be patient a few more days and should have it, if updated to non immigrant today that is a very good sign try and relax

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Earlier it said NonImmigrant Visa and Application Received underneath that. Now I just checked I again and it says NonImmigrant Visa and it says Administrative Processing underneath it.   ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Earlier it said NonImmigrant Visa and Application Received underneath that. Now I just checked I again and it says NonImmigrant Visa and it says Administrative Processing underneath it.   ?

It is officially in AP........which is open-ended, unfortunately.........hopefully, it will be short term...

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

3 hours ago, Scott Rusticus said:

Well, last week we were so excited because my fiancées visa was approved in Caracas, Venezuela. As of today she has not yet received her and her son’s passports. When she called the embassy today, she was told it was now in administrative processing to check for documents. WHAT??? We got to this point without any issues and now it is in administrative processing? Why? How long will this take? We had plans for them to travel to America next Wednesday! I see it can take anywhere from 10 days to 2 months?????? To complicate things further, her passport expires in September,  so she says if she does not travel in January she will have to apply for an extension for their passports, which can take another two months! Doesn’t the visa have an expiration date on it??? So frustrated. 😢

My main concern would be the imminent closure of the embassy. Given the circumstances, I sincerely doubt that they are processing any visa applications. AFAIK only US citizen services are currently functioning. You may want to place an inquiry with a senators office given the urgency of the situation.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.