Scott Rusticus

Administrative Processing after visa approval

77 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline
10 hours ago, BryceAndRebeca said:

Try to calm down, you don’t know if they’ll answer or not. It’s a suggestion. I understand your frustration, my family is in Venezuela. Being frustrated won’t help, the best you can do so far is  call, email, use every tool you have to communicate with  them. For me it took 4 days to get my passport back, maybe is just a delay due to the insecurity right now for government officials.  Try to remain calm and support Yessi as much as you can, everything will be all right.

I just got off of the phone with the consulate call center and I was told they will continue to process the visa applications and passports, so I guess we will just wait and see what happens. Since the status says nonimiigrant visa and administrative processing I am hoping that is a good sign that perhaps the visa/passport will be issued soon, at least that is what we are hoping and praying for. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
7 hours ago, cduran said:

"If the consular officer grants the K-1 nonimmigrant visa, it is valid for up to 6 months for a single entry"

Notice the "up to". Thats because in some cases you can have your medical and interview on the same day... which makes your time stamp 6 months, but visa expiration is based on date of medical.

^^this

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Scott Rusticus said:

I just got off of the phone with the consulate call center and I was told they will continue to process the visa applications and passports, so I guess we will just wait and see what happens. Since the status says nonimiigrant visa and administrative processing I am hoping that is a good sign that perhaps the visa/passport will be issued soon, at least that is what we are hoping and praying for. 

•  

Good. At least you've been proactive trying to get info. 

Now it's a wait and see. 👍🏾

Fingers crossed for you!  

Spoiler

Petitioner: USC | Applicant: B2 | (c)9 AOS (Marriage)

07/31/18: Filed I-130, I-130A

08/01/18: Delivered Potomac Processing Center

08/07/18: Text/Mail Notifications (for I-130)

08/14/18: Hard Copy NOA (for I-130)

08/24/18: Mailed I-485, I-765, I-864

08/27/18: Delivered

08/31/18: Filed

09/04/18: Text Notifications (for I-485, I-765, I-864)

09/06/18: Hard Copy NOA (for I-485, I-765, I-864)

09/14/18: Biometrics letter rec'd

09/26/18: Biometrics appt completed

10/02/18: Ready for interview to be scheduled.

12/18/18: Form I-130 APPROVED!

01/27/19: EAD Approved and card being printed!

02/02/19: Combo card and SSN card arrived!

03/08/19: Text and online notification that interview has been scheduled.

04/16/19: Interview.  AOS approval text rec'd.  Card in production!

04/24/19: GC in hand! 

Removal of Conditions

Here we go!

02/10/21: I-751 package sent

02/12/21: Delivered to Phoenix, AZ

03/22/21: Money order cashed

03/24/21: Text notification rec'd

03/25/21: NOA rec'd

04/30/21: Case updated: Fingerprints taken

06/27/22: Approved!  Card being produced!

07/05/22: 10-year GC in hand!

4vrsm5.pngN3Zem6.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Scott Rusticus said:

Visas issued today!! 👍👍👍🎉👍

Perfect!!!  Now, get her out of there!!  Congratulations!!!!

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Scott Rusticus said:

Congrats! My fiance’s Interview was scheduled for February 5th and now it’s been cancelled and we have no idea what’s going to happen. It’s so frustrating because I do understand why the non emergency personnel has been moved out of the country but where does that leave us?We’ve been in this process since May and have an 8 month old baby who hasn’t spent more than 9 days with her father 5 months ago. Does anyone know what the procedure is to move the process to another embassy in case the embassy doesn’t resume regular business? 

Timeline

I have no idea but keep bugging the consulate and the embassy in Caracas. Also, contact your representative in Washington, D.C. and tell them your situation. That is their job to help you. I contacted mine yesterday before the visas were issued today and she e-mailed me this afternoon!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline
5 hours ago, Welovenavi said:

Congrats! My fiance’s Interview was scheduled for February 5th and now it’s been cancelled and we have no idea what’s going to happen. It’s so frustrating because I do understand why the non emergency personnel has been moved out of the country but where does that leave us?We’ve been in this process since May and have an 8 month old baby who hasn’t spent more than 9 days with her father 5 months ago. Does anyone know what the procedure is to move the process to another embassy in case the embassy doesn’t resume regular business? 

Mine was cancelled also and was scheduled for March. Let's hope they process at least immigration visas. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Eric&Mirella said:

Mine was cancelled also and was scheduled for March. Let's hope they process at least immigration visas. 

That’s good news, at least they rescheduled yours. I hope for the same 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Welovenavi said:

That’s good news, at least they rescheduled yours. I hope for the same 

No, it wasn't reschedule, my original date was March. Appointments are still cancelled. 

Timeline
14 hours ago, Welovenavi said:

Hi, this happened last night.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/20190125_routine-visa-services-suspended-in-caracas.html

That’s why they’re cancelling interviews, I really hope it ends soon.

17 hours ago, Scott Rusticus said:

Yay!!! Congrats!! ♥️

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.