Eric&Mirella

Help! Saw my fiance just once for 2 weeks last year. We can't travel again before the interview.

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi again!!! My case was recently received by the embassy and I made my appointment . But suddenly I'm feeling concerned, I saw my fiance just once in 2018 (we both work) and for this year he was given 2 weeks of no consecutive holidays.

We were expecting to see each other before the interview, but his company only approved one week for the month of July and a second week on August.

Noa2 expires March 28. And interview is on March 1st. I'm feeling anxious and nervous about seeing each other just once.

What should I say if they ask me why we haven't seen each other so often?  Of course, the truth, but should I give a  short or long explanation.

Could this affect our approval? 

We must travel to a third country in order to see each other. 

@Greenbaum you've helped me before, do you think this could affect our visa approval? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Eric&Mirella said:

Hi again!!! My case was recently received by the embassy and I made my appointment . But suddenly I'm feeling concerned, I saw my fiance just once in 2018 (we both work) and for this year he was given 2 weeks of no consecutive holidays.

We were expecting to see each other before the interview, but his company only approved one week for the month of July and a second week on August.

Noa2 expires March 28. And interview is on March 1st. I'm feeling anxious and nervous about seeing each other just once.

All you can is the truth like you just did, but emphasize the facts that despite being long distance you communicate often, well  aware of happenings in each other lives. If you use Skype or hangout for video calls, having a printed out log of your conversation (just showing their frequency) might be helpful. Look, you cannot change how many times you've met, but the requirement they are looking for if you have bona fide relationship, things of the things that would help to show it. Good luck, and hope your interview goes smoothly! 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Shiran said:

All you can is the truth like you just did, but emphasize the facts that despite being long distance you communicate often, well  aware of happenings in each other lives. If you use Skype or hangout for video calls, having a printed out log of your conversation (just showing their frequency) might be helpful. Look, you cannot change how many times you've met, but the requirement they are looking for if you have bona fide relationship, things of the things that would help to show it. Good luck, and hope your interview goes smoothly! 

Thank you! I participated in buying a new(used) car, we've also share expenses during our trip. And assisted with choosing our new home,since his job keeps him very busy. I've been printing about 4 pages with screenshots for every month of 2018,also screenshots of 2017, also printed messenger call logs from October 18' until now. And take extra pictures that weren't on the original package. I'm hopeful everything will be alright 🙏

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Sounds to me like you have a really solid case, you just now need to get through 6 more weeks of jitters until your interview and then plan your move to self proclaimed America's finest city!

IMO, that's IF they ask you why you haven't seen each other more often. They will more than likely ask you how often you have seen each other since meeting and/or how much time you have spent together in total (that's what we were asked). In either case, you give your answer and explain. Print out all text messages, emails, and call logs, in addition to all of your photos together since K1/I-129 filing and the ones you used for the I-129. Best of luck to you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It should be okay. That isn’t an unusual situation for the K1 process. Many couples can’t afford to see each often, but keep in touch other ways. 

They'd be concerned if you’d never met in person. But that’s not the case for you. Just bring the evidence you do have of time together, and bring the records of calls/texts since. 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, C32 said:

It should be okay. That isn’t an unusual situation for the K1 process. Many couples can’t afford to see each often, but keep in touch other ways. 

They'd be concerned if you’d never met in person. But that’s not the case for you. Just bring the evidence you do have of time together, and bring the records of calls/texts since. 

Thank you!! We saw each other just once. We met in late 2016 but just had friendly talks, after months we decided we wanted  to be together but he wasn't given any holiday time  in 2017. We waited until 18' and that's when we met. At this point everything is making me nervous and doubtful 😅😞 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Passport stamps = HARD EVIDENCE

Call logs/chats = very little soft evidence

NoA1 - September 26, 2018

NoA2 - February 4, 2019  

4 hours ago, Eric&Mirella said:

Thank you!! We saw each other just once. We met in late 2016 but just had friendly talks, after months we decided we wanted  to be together but he wasn't given any holiday time  in 2017. We waited until 18' and that's when we met. At this point everything is making me nervous and doubtful 😅😞 

The requirement is that you have met within the past 2 years prior to filing your I-129f and that you have had an ongoing relationship supplemented by phone calls, text message, Skype, Twitter Facebook, any form of communication. Your putting to much into this where it's not needed. If you were from Nigeria then I would have a different opinion.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
5 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

The requirement is that you have met within the past 2 years prior to filing your I-129f and that you have had an ongoing relationship supplemented by phone calls, text message, Skype, Twitter Facebook, any form of communication. Your putting to much into this where it's not needed. If you were from Nigeria then I would have a different opinion.

Thank you do much for your answer and time!!

My wife and I had 1 meeting and were approved for our K1, again, this was for Manila where it is not overly uncommon, you seem to have a lot of secondary evidence in addition to the required visit within 2 years 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey! Yeah I guess it depends on what Embassy your generally interviewing at. I only got asked 2-3 questions but she complimented our regular travel when asking the questions. However, it's a lot easier to get good deals from the UK to the USA. Again, not everyone's employers are generous with PTO so I'd just explain that! You should be fine :) 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Randyandyuni said:

My wife and I had 1 meeting and were approved for our K1, again, this was for Manila where it is not overly uncommon, you seem to have a lot of secondary evidence in addition to the required visit within 2 years 

Thank you! I feel more confident now. In my country US citizens require a visa to enter. So the best option is to meet somewhere else and that gets very expensive. Plus, my fiance vacation time is conditioned to what HR on his work decides. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, jakejon said:

Hey! Yeah I guess it depends on what Embassy your generally interviewing at. I only got asked 2-3 questions but she complimented our regular travel when asking the questions. However, it's a lot easier to get good deals from the UK to the USA. Again, not everyone's employers are generous with PTO so I'd just explain that! You should be fine :) 

Thank you!!! Ugh I feel relieved for all the positive comments. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
19 hours ago, Eric&Mirella said:

What should I say if they ask me why we haven't seen each other so often?  Of course, the truth, but should I give a  short or long explanation.

Could this affect our approval? 

We must travel to a third country in order to see each other. 

@Greenbaum you've helped me before, do you think this could affect our visa approval? 

I think it depends on which embassy and the the situation.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.