dwheels76

NVC Filers - January 2019

612 posts in this topic

We paid our fees Friday 25th, they cleared this morning Wed 30th.  

Sadly, an NVC processing error will slow down our case. We nominated Nicosia, Cyprus as our processing Embassy as I currently work abroad for the U.K. Government. However it seems the processing officer assumed I was in the U.K. (even though the I130 clearly nominates Nicosia) and assigned the London Embassy Case Number. We filed a formal request on the Friday 25th  via email for the NVC to amend the error made and provide us with a new case number for Nicosia, Cyprus.

I phoned the NVC this morning and the phone handler stated he was unable to provide a timescale to resolve this error. So we’re in limbo as I can’t request certain police certificates without an accurate case number. Does anybody have any other methods/ideas I can use to try and resolve this error? 

Its quite frustrating.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
11 hours ago, SM&RM said:

Congratulations!!!!! 💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽 I’m so happy for you. Potomac was good to us....Lol I Hope NVC speeds up. 

Do you know the answer to this? 

Is everyone doing online processing now? I just got an email that I will be doing online processing. I didn’t think my country did online processing. Has things changed? 

Idk about all countries mine is...case complete is looking at 1 month

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Mrsamoah2019 said:

Idk about all countries mine is...case complete is looking at 1 month

Ok. Thank you. Seems like the majority of them are doing online processing now. I see some are still mailing in NVC documents. 

On 1/29/2019 at 6:41 AM, Xia said:

If I remember correctly, you are not even given the option to fill the DS-260 or upload documents until AFTER you pay the fees AND the status changes to PAID

2018-11-26  ●  NVC: AOS and IV Fees SUBMITTED (9:30am PST)
2018-11-27  ●  NVC: AOS and IV Fees RECEIVED (5:00am PST)
2018-11-28  ●  NVC: AOS and IV Fees PAID (1:30pm PST)
2018-11-29  ●  NVC: DS-260 COMPLETED SUBMITTED
2018-11-30  ●  NVC: Affidavit of Support and Civil Documents SUBMITTED

We submitted W2's and 1040EZ forms for past 3 years, past 6 months pay-stubs, and letter from employer. We did not submit tax transcripts. All of our documents were accepted, and our embassy interview date is scheduled for next Monday Feb 4. 

Thank u!  After u sent all required docs how long wil it take to hear from them? 

6 hours ago, Loubalam said:

hello congrats,

you received the email (NOTICE REGARDING YOUR IMMIGRANT VISA CASE BECOMING DOCUMENTARILY QUALIFIED)???

that mean CC,??

yes.

USC, For spouse, April 02, YSC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline
15 hours ago, SM&RM said:

Congratulations!!!!! 💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽 I’m so happy for you. Potomac was good to us....Lol I Hope NVC speeds up. 

Do you know the answer to this? 

Is everyone doing online processing now? I just got an email that I will be doing online processing. I didn’t think my country did online processing. Has things changed? 

I suggest you call NVC and ask if you have to scanned the documents or email the package?

Edited by nyokie

Timeline
35 minutes ago, nyokie said:

I suggest you call NVC and ask if you have to scanned the documents or email the package?

It’s a nightmare to call them, but they sent me an email saying that my case is processed as CEAS. I was just shocked. I had my mind set that I had to mail my documents in. 

59 minutes ago, SM&RM said:

It’s a nightmare to call them, but they sent me an email saying that my case is processed as CEAS. I was just shocked. I had my mind set that I had to mail my documents in. 

Not sure why you are 'shocked' about electronic processing. You should be happy, as it is easier and takes much less time.

If you received the email about CEAC processing they won't accept mailed document. It's electronic only. There is no point in calling NVC either, but you can call for you peace of mind. You can call them late at night, the wait time is the lowest.

Just make sure they are scanned properly.

Edited by suhridkhan

USC, For spouse, April 02, YSC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, SM&RM said:

the best thing NVC could ever done is electronic processing lol

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline
1 hour ago, SM&RM said:

you email them back? just to be on the safe side

email them back and tell them which country.

I's shock too because Jamaica and Bahamas normal mail the documents.

Timeline
46 minutes ago, Mrsamoah2019 said:

the best thing NVC could ever done is electronic processing lol

I agree until I start getting all the errors or RFE’s for scanning documents wrong, missing dates on forms and missing documents I see everyone getting....Lol Seems like more of a headache to me. 

Edited by SM&RM

Timeline
36 minutes ago, nyokie said:

you email them back? just to be on the safe side

email them back and tell them which country.

I's shock too because Jamaica and Bahamas normal mail the documents.

Yeah those countries usually do. Now I’m seeing people doing online processing from them. NVC takes one week just to answer an email. When I asked if my case was received, that was the response I got. 

Timeline
52 minutes ago, suhridkhan said:

Not sure why you are 'shocked' about electronic processing. You should be happy, as it is easier and takes much less time.

If you received the email about CEAC processing they won't accept mailed document. It's electronic only. There is no point in calling NVC either, but you can call for you peace of mind. You can call them late at night, the wait time is the lowest.

Just make sure they are scanned properly.

I’m shocked because I know my Embassy petitioners have been mailing in documents from my knowledge. I have mixed feelings about electronic processing. When the system is constructed properly I’m fine with that, but I see a lot of issues from what others are saying. I am taking note, so I don’t make the same mistakes like scanning documents vertically and getting it rejected. I can’t waste time for simple mistakes. 

32 minutes ago, SM&RM said:

I’m shocked because I know my Embassy petitioners have been mailing in documents from my knowledge. I have mixed feelings about electronic processing. When the system is constructed properly I’m fine with that, but I see a lot of issues from what others are saying. I am taking note, so I don’t make the same mistakes like scanning documents vertically and getting it rejected. I can’t waste time for simple mistakes. 

Hello, 

Im confused as to how NOT to scan the documentsand which is the correct and way they accept it. I tought Vertical scan (up and down)was the correct way instead of upside down. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.