dwheels76

NVC Filers - January 2019

612 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Ghana
Timeline
11 minutes ago, SM&RM said:

Wow! Congratulations! Please share scanning methods and tax documents to submit for all the rookies that don’t want RFE...Lol I am truly happy for you. Thanks for the update. 

1 minute ago, josie125 said:

The document should be right side up position, you should scan it so that it displays the words horizontally on the screen. 

I have attached a screenshot to go off of.

IMG_6540.PNG

As far as Tax Transcripts, you can obtain that on the IRS website www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript or you can obtain it from turbotax if you filed with them which I did, but sometimes you really cannot help but still get an RFE. They may also request a W-2.

I have two cases IR2 which is the same timeline and process as IR1/CR1

My previous case has been CC since November 15, 2018 however I had submitted tax transcripts and they still requested W-2 for the year 2017. 

I would suggest submitting W-2 as an additional  evidence.  

I just thank God for the patience. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
49 minutes ago, josie125 said:

The document should be right side up position, you should scan it so that it displays the words horizontally on the screen. 

IMG_6540.PNG

Oh great! Thank you so much. What did you submit for your tax documents if you don’t mine sharing? 

Edited by SM&RM

I also got case closed or "Documentarily Qualified" if you prefer.

NVC Received: November 21st, 2018

Received Case Number: January 14th, 2019

Submitted Documents: January 16th, 2019

Case Complete: January 30th, 2019

Now it is time to wait a little more until the consulate interview.

1 minute ago, Jmariega said:

I got my case number!!!! NVC received petition Dec 7th. 

Congrats, that’s great news! Did you call or did you get an email from them please?

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Jmariega said:

I got my case number!!!! NVC received petition Dec 7th. 

Congratulations.  Did you call or u got the email ? 

10 minutes ago, smislondon said:

Congrats, that’s great news! Did you call or did you get an email from them please?

4 minutes ago, Marie85 said:

Congratulations.  Did you call or u got the email ? 

They sent me an email about an hour ago. 

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Geisinger said:

I also got case closed or "Documentarily Qualified" if you prefer.

NVC Received: November 21st, 2018

Received Case Number: January 14th, 2019

Submitted Documents: January 16th, 2019

Case Complete: January 30th, 2019

Now it is time to wait a little more until the consulate interview.

Congratulations!!!!! All employees are back from vacation officially at NVC...Lol 

Timeline
40 minutes ago, SM&RM said:

Oh great! Thank you so much. What did you submit for your tax documents if you don’t mine sharing? 

I submitted the tax transcripts from turbo tax, i believe it's also called return transcripts from irs

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Jmariega said:

🙄 Of course the ceac website isn’t loading. 

I thought it was my internet connection. I got an error message earlier and now it's just not loading.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi All - I just have a question for those folks who have received your case number. We received ours on January 28th (via email)- everywhere I've read online is that you need to choose your agent with form DS-261... it didn't come up as an option on the portal. I was able to pay the fees (still processing). 

My question is - did everyone fill out DS-261 right away, or does it appear after a certain amount of time, or is it now redundant? 

Thank you! 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, josie125 said:

I submitted the tax transcripts from turbo tax, i believe it's also called return transcripts from irs

Ok. Thank you. Did you add your W2’s? Last question did you use I-864ez? 

2 hours ago, josie125 said:

IMG_6540.PNG

Congratulations,

And also thank you for sharing your experience.

But, the scanned example seems vertical scan, which shows words horizontally as we normally read them on screen or printed papers (means top edge of the doc is on top).

Am I confused or wrong?

Edited by konio_raj

Timeline
2 hours ago, josie125 said:

As far as Tax Transcripts, you can obtain that on the IRS website www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript or you can obtain it from turbotax if you filed with them which I did, but sometimes you really cannot help but still get an RFE. They may also request a W-2.

I have two cases IR2 which is the same timeline and process as IR1/CR1

My previous case has been CC since November 15, 2018 however I had submitted tax transcripts and they still requested W-2 for the year 2017. 

I would suggest submitting W-2 as an additional  evidence.  

I just thank God for the patience. 

Thank you so much for all your advice. I have all my tax transcripts already, but will probably only have tax return for 2018 by the time I get my case number, not transcript. I will submit 2018 and 2017 W2’s. 

Edited by SM&RM

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.