dwheels76

NVC Filers - January 2019

612 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, nyokie said:

you email them back? just to be on the safe side

email them back and tell them which country.

I's shock too because Jamaica and Bahamas normal mail the documents.

There's nothing to be shocked about and why call thrm back and thry already emailed her? They don't make mistakes like that.  Jamaica has been electronic for a while and its left up to how u were selected to be processed. That's what a nvc agent told me. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Marie85 said:

There's nothing to be shocked about and why call thrm back and thry already emailed her? They don't make mistakes like that.  Jamaica has been electronic for a while and its left up to how u were selected to be processed. That's what a nvc agent told me. 

Ok thank. I am shocked, because I didn’t know my case would be processed that way that’s it. My plan is not to call them. I’m not a fan of staying on hold for hours to ask a question I know the answer to. I should say I was surprised if that’s a better word to use. Thank you for your response. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, SM&RM said:

Ok thank. I am shocked, because I didn’t know my case would be processed that way that’s it. My plan is not to call them. I’m not a fan of staying on hold for hours to ask a question I know the answer to. I should say I was surprised if that’s a better word to use. Thank you for your response. 

Ok ,but i was actually referring to Nyokie when he said he was shocked and that I'm not sure why telling u to call for something as simple as that. My opinion the less time they spend on the phone the more work they get done( just kidding) its probably 2 totally different departments, either way.  I think online processing is the best as it relates to time. 

Edited by Marie85

Timeline
1 minute ago, Marie85 said:

Ok ,but i was actually referring to Nyokie when he said he was shocked and that I'm not sure why telling u to call for something as simple as that. My opinion the less time they spend on the phone the more work they get done( just kidding) its probably 2 totally different departments, either way.  I think online processing is the best as it relates to time. 

I feel the same way. I do not want to hold them up on the phone with simple things. I just want case complete and interview. I’m all for anything that is faster. I am here learning from everyone, so I get everything approved the first time. 

Timeline
40 minutes ago, kateree11 said:

Hello, 

Im confused as to how NOT to scan the documentsand which is the correct and way they accept it. I tought Vertical scan (up and down)was the correct way instead of upside down. 

I’m just going off of comments people have posted. You will have to ask someone who has gone through that process. I’m a rookie, because I haven’t payed much attention to online processing until I was told my case would be processed that way. 

Edited by SM&RM

15 minutes ago, Jmariega said:

Checking my email every five minutes for case number. 😩

Same here, I've been checking my spam folder just in case the email goes in there and not my inbox! My received date is Dec 7, Feb 1 will be 8 weeks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline
2 hours ago, suhridkhan said:

Not sure why you are 'shocked' about electronic processing. You should be happy, as it is easier and takes much less time.

If you received the email about CEAC processing they won't accept mailed document. It's electronic only. There is no point in calling NVC either, but you can call for you peace of mind. You can call them late at night, the wait time is the lowest.

Just make sure they are scanned properly.

I would have too specially when I know the last person from the Bahamas sent their  documents by mail October.

also someone from Jamaica sent their package by mail as well.

what we trying to say it maybe they changed it, instead mailing it they want her to scanned the documents.

32 minutes ago, kateree11 said:

😁 I think everyone is, When did the NVC receive your petition?

11 minutes ago, smislondon said:

Same here, I've been checking my spam folder just in case the email goes in there and not my inbox! My received date is Dec 7, Feb 1 will be 8 weeks.

Mine was received Dec 7th. My prediction is today or tomorrow I’ll have the case number. It’s hard when it’s so close. 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, smislondon said:

Me too . Constant refresh but the day is still young considering the fact most persons get emails in the late afternoon. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, suhridkhan said:

Not sure why you are 'shocked' about electronic processing. You should be happy, as it is easier and takes much less time.

If you received the email about CEAC processing they won't accept mailed document. It's electronic only. There is no point in calling NVC either, but you can call for you peace of mind. You can call them late at night, the wait time is the lowest.

Just make sure they are scanned properly.

What is the recommended way to scan documents? I want to do it correct the first time. Did you save files as pdf documents and compress the files or did you use another process?

Thank you for any information. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, josie125 said:

Finally got CC, I'm so happy!!!

NVC Received: November 21st, 2018

Received Case Number: January 14th, 2019

Submitted Documents: January 17th, 2019

Case Complete: January 30th, 2019

1 week and 6 days!

I'm just so relieved I didn't need to resubmit anything. 

Wow! Congratulations! Please share scanning methods and tax documents to submit for all the rookies that don’t want RFE...Lol I am truly happy for you. Thanks for the update. 

Filed: IR-2 Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 hours ago, kateree11 said:

Hello, 

Im confused as to how NOT to scan the documentsand which is the correct and way they accept it. I tought Vertical scan (up and down)was the correct way instead of upside down. 

The document should be right side up position, you should scan it so that it displays the words horizontally on the screen. 

I have attached a screenshot to go off of.

IMG_6540.PNG

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.