dwheels76

NVC Filers - January 2019

612 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I have a question. I know I’m a bit early but I filed on October 2018 for I 130. If it gets to NVC stage before April 15th (which is when 2018 taxes are due by) do I just have to send transcripts for 2015,16 and 17 only?  Or if it’s before 4/15 are they expecting me to submit 2018 tax return??  Just being proactive here because in 2017 and prior years I made enough to meet qualifications for AOS but 2018 I don’t know because I traveled soo much to see my spouse in his country. Just asking if NVC stage is before April 15, can I just submit taxes for 2017 and prior since 2018 will not be due and late afte 4/15/2019. Thanks

Good Morning! I’m hoping for a little insight.  I just called NVC just to see if a case number had been assigned and was informed that the case is now in administrative processing. To be in administrative processing even before being assigned a case number can’t be good. It also seems as though (from reading the experiences of others) this process can last months. Has anyone else experienced this?

Timeline:

Texas Service Center

NOA1: July 11

NOA2: January 9

Sent to NVC: January 17

NVC Received: January 25

Administrative Processing: January 30

Case number: Pending...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Gojo said:

I have a question. I know I’m a bit early but I filed on October 2018 for I 130. If it gets to NVC stage before April 15th (which is when 2018 taxes are due by) do I just have to send transcripts for 2015,16 and 17 only?  Or if it’s before 4/15 are they expecting me to submit 2018 tax return??  Just being proactive here because in 2017 and prior years I made enough to meet qualifications for AOS but 2018 I don’t know because I traveled soo much to see my spouse in his country. Just asking if NVC stage is before April 15, can I just submit taxes for 2017 and prior since 2018 will not be due and late afte 4/15/2019. Thanks

Before april 15 is 15,16,17 after April 15 is 16,17,18

13 hours ago, Brar said:

Congrats...i hope now i'll got my case number soon...NVC received Dec 11

I'm with you...NVC received Dec 10. It's taking the full 8 weeks apparently 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Mrsamoah2019 said:

You will still have to submit 2018 to your Embassy. I would be prepared by having a Co-sponsor because your current income is important. Paystubs and job letters will help to prove current income. 

Edited by SM&RM

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mrsamoah2019 said:

I’m going to send my 2018 tax return with W2’s, because a transcript will not be available. 6 month of paystubs and job letters should be more than enough. 

Edited by SM&RM

Timeline
2 hours ago, Gojo said:

You will still have to submit 2018 to your Embassy. I would be prepared by having a Co-sponsor because your current income is important. Paystubs and job letters will help to prove current income. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Drkchocl8 said:

Good Morning! I’m hoping for a little insight.  I just called NVC just to see if a case number had been assigned and was informed that the case is now in administrative processing. To be in administrative processing even before being assigned a case number can’t be good. It also seems as though (from reading the experiences of others) this process can last months. Has anyone else experienced this?

Timeline:

Texas Service Center

NOA1: July 11

NOA2: January 9

Sent to NVC: January 17

NVC Received: January 25

Administrative Processing: January 30

Case number: Pending...

This is a normal process at NVC. All cases go through AP. It is after the interview that AP can take a long time depending on why the case was placed on AP. 

Edited by SM&RM

27 minutes ago, SM&RM said:

This is a normal process at NVC. All cases go through AP. It is after the interview that AP can take a long time depending on why the case was placed on AP. 

Okay, thanks so much for the reassurance.  

This entire process is pretty stressful and can make a person quite paranoid. 

Are you thinking it shouldn’t prolong the process by much then?  I guess I should be happy that they are even reviewing my case seeing as the received it only 1 week ago. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Drkchocl8 said:

Okay, thanks so much for the reassurance.  

This entire process is pretty stressful and can make a person quite paranoid. 

Are you thinking it shouldn’t prolong the process by much then?  I guess I should be happy that they are even reviewing my case seeing as the received it only 1 week ago. 

That’s what I was thinking...Lol I would just be so happy someone at NVC was looking at my case. My case was received on January 22nd, so I’m right there with you. It won’t delay your case. They do security checks and a lot of other checks at the NVC level. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, SM&RM said:

Congratulations!!!! How did they want your W2 uploaded, where the words are Horizontal and the paper is vertical? Thank you. 

Yes. As long as it is upright and can be read left to right you'll be fine!

CR1 via Montreal Consulate

Chicago Dropbox

USCIS Texas Service Center

NOA1: 4/13/2018

NOA2: 10/19/2018

NVC Received: 11/5/2018

NVC Case # Created: 12/20/2018

AOS & IV packages submitted via CEAC: 1/6/2019

Rejected document resubmitted: 1/16/2019

NVC Case Complete: 1/30/2019

Interview (Montreal): 3/22/2019 (Approved)

Passport returned: 3/27/2019

POE (Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls): 3/28/2019

Green Card Received: 4/13/2019

9 minutes ago, SM&RM said:

That’s what I was thinking...Lol I would just be so happy someone at NVC was looking at my case. My case was received on January 22nd, so I’m right there with you. It won’t delay your case. They do security checks and a lot of other checks at the NVC level. 

Awesome! That’s what I was hoping to hear...that it’s normal. Thanks again...I think I was assuming that I would hear, ‘give us 8 weeks to assign a case number’, but to learn that not only are they are already reviewing but it is in administrative processing threw me off a bit. I’ll give a call in a couple of weeks and see how it goes. 

Hope you hear something soon...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.