Greenbaum

JANUARY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

3,020 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, Gc0988 said:

That what doesnt expire? 

That the medical doesn’t expire before  visa is approved and comes to the US. Some people try to schedule the medical the same week or week before the interview.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Status changed to “Ready” on NVC but when my fiancé goes to schedule it says no appointments available at Rio de Janeiro. 😩 The rational side of me says it’s because the hard copy hasn’t been delivered yet...according to DHL, expected delivery tomorrow. The irrational side of me says there’s a backlog at Rio and we’ll be delayed even more. 😭

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
15 minutes ago, birdie54 said:

Status changed to “Ready” on NVC but when my fiancé goes to schedule it says no appointments available at Rio de Janeiro. 😩 The rational side of me says it’s because the hard copy hasn’t been delivered yet...according to DHL, expected delivery tomorrow. The irrational side of me says there’s a backlog at Rio and we’ll be delayed even more. 😭

Last year a lot of people couldn't get an interview date in Moscow, there were none almost always and some cases had to be extended because of it. Eventually though everyone got an interview, just had to spend some time waiting. I am mentally prepared that when my case is shipped to Moscow I might have to wait for an available date. 

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Javier Mera said:

Has anyone been able to get information from the dhl tracker site? Mine keeps saying Information not found.

Might be in the same boat with me. I don't see mine either. I am calling the NVC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
48 minutes ago, manofdahour said:

Might be in the same boat with me. I don't see mine either. I am calling the NVC

I called them and they said that they have shipped it to th embassy. Just like it shows on the ceaf tracker In Transit. I guess depending on the embassy it takes longer or shorter 😅

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
1 minute ago, Javier Mera said:

I called them and they said that they have shipped it to th embassy. Just like it shows on the ceaf tracker In Transit. I guess depending on the embassy it takes longer or shorter 😅

Yea but it's unlikely it doesn't show up in the DHL tracker. Anyways lets hope for the best. Keep in touch.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Javier Mera said:

It does.  Moscow is supposed to arrive on Monday, but Kiev on Friday 🤷🏻‍♂️... our case in in New York this morning 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Mekulisch said:

It does.  Moscow is supposed to arrive on Monday, but Kiev on Friday 🤷🏻‍♂️... our case in in New York this morning 

I tested phillipines and there are a few shipments with Information. I wonder what's the deal with Argentina. Oh well I guess more waiting 🤣

Are any documents needed for submission to NVC? Read online and talked to NVC representative. Stated that once the visa fee, and ds160 are completed. No other documents must be given to NVC. Trying to stay ahead of the game. 

Edited by Gc0988

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just called NVC again and still nothing.  Today is 4 weeks since NOA2... When do you think I should call USCIS?  Thanks

Timeline
2 minutes ago, MaryDave1992 said:

Just called NVC again and still nothing.  Today is 4 weeks since NOA2... When do you think I should call USCIS?  Thanks

I would call USCIS and try to find out when they shipped it. It took us 28 days since NOA2 to get a case number. My guess is that you should know yours soon. But to make sure, do ask the date they shipped it to NVC. It takes about 7-8 days to get from USCIS to NVC

Timeline
6 minutes ago, IzandAl said:

FINALLY received our NVC case number.

NOA2 - Jan 22

NVC - Feb 21

She didn't give me a receipt date, but when we called on Friday they didn't have it so must have arrived earlier this week. 

Hey, another Boston-UK relationship.  And your dates are so similar to ours!  I hope that means we get our case number soon too! Congratulations :) 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Olga&Jared said:

I would call USCIS and try to find out when they shipped it. It took us 28 days since NOA2 to get a case number. My guess is that you should know yours soon. But to make sure, do ask the date they shipped it to NVC. It takes about 7-8 days to get from USCIS to NVC

Thank you!  I'll try that next

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.