Greenbaum

JANUARY 2019 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

3,020 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
3 hours ago, TandSarahJane said:

So, once u get NOA2, USCIS can take up to 6 weeks to send the file to NVC. There are reasons for this (work is being done) and not simply mailroom processing.

I thought that at USCIS level all work was being done between NOA1 and NOA2, and that right now they should just transfer the case to NVC. What exactly are they doing between NOA2 and shipping if they write in an actual notice that it was already shipped? :) 

I think it's only natural to panic a little when you see others getting their cases received and numbered within 2-4 weeks after approval notice. I'm on week 4, for example, and I definitely can feel the frustration since it's going to be the second shipping date I miss in case if they won't receive it this week either. It's not like a can do much about it but it but it feels nice to just write a long sad message here knowing that I'm not alone :D 

Thank you for your message though. I get it that bureaucracy is often time-consuming and messy but If NVC were to withhold cases because of consulate unavailability, I wish they could at least say that they received it so that people wouldn't wonder about what's happening. 

Obvious life update: case still not received. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
38 minutes ago, carmzzzt said:

It’s been almost 9 hours since I paid the VISA fee at BPI and i still can’t go thru the schedule appointment!!! Uggghhhhhhh

What time did you pay the fee?

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765, I-131)

12/28/2019:  Packages sent to USCIS via Fedex

12/30/2019:  USCIS received packages

1/08/2020:  NOA for all 3 applications

1/17/2020:  Received biometrics appt letter for the I-485 and I-765 (Code 3). 

1/31/2020:  Biometrics completed

2/20/2020:  RFE

6/15/2020:  Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

6/15/2020:  I-765 (New Card is Being Produced)

6/30/2020:  Received Combo Card in the Mail

4/22/2021:  AOS Interview

4/26/2021:  AOS Approval

4/29/2021:  Permanent Resident Card received in the mail

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Olga&Jared said:

I thought that at USCIS level all work was being done between NOA1 and NOA2, 

If the next step is significantly delayed, u may receive a 2nd NOA2 so that the initial expiration date is adjusted appropriately.

33 minutes ago, Olga&Jared said:

Thank you for your message though.

yw!

13 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

By putting his second last name on a different line they treated that as his "nickname" not is birthright name. Correct it at the embassy where you will have copies of his passport and birth certificate and you can explain what happened. You need it change at the embassy anyways because they will print the visa and it has to match the name in the passport. This is nothing to be concerned over. Your not the first nor will you be the last to make a mistake like this. :thumbs:

13 hours ago, Savanna0501 said:

Thank you so much! How should we go about correcting it? Should i just have him all the embassy and explain ahead of time or wait until the case has arrived there? 

Answered in RED above from my original post.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
3 hours ago, Olga&Jared said:

I thought that at USCIS level all work was being done between NOA1 and NOA2, and that right now they should just transfer the case to NVC. What exactly are they doing between NOA2 and shipping if they write in an actual notice that it was already shipped? :) 

I think it's only natural to panic a little when you see others getting their cases received and numbered within 2-4 weeks after approval notice. I'm on week 4, for example, and I definitely can feel the frustration since it's going to be the second shipping date I miss in case if they won't receive it this week either. It's not like a can do much about it but it but it feels nice to just write a long sad message here knowing that I'm not alone :D 

Thank you for your message though. I get it that bureaucracy is often time-consuming and messy but If NVC were to withhold cases because of consulate unavailability, I wish they could at least say that they received it so that people wouldn't wonder about what's happening. 

Frustrating, ain’t it?  We waited 204-207 days before NOA2...all the while watching approvals in the 140-180 day range. We missed the 1st NVC mailing by “that much!”   Go to the “unlucky 200 day” thread to feel how helpless things could be.  I’m not getting on your case...I was (am) sad and angry and frustrated and used this forum to vent.  I think, mostly, that your fellow visa applicants understand.

3 hours ago, Olga&Jared said:

9 minutes ago, Mekulisch said:

Frustrating, ain’t it?  We waited 204-207 days before NOA2...all the while watching approvals in the 140-180 day range. We missed the 1st NVC mailing by “that much!”   Go to the “unlucky 200 day” thread to feel how helpless things could be.  I’m not getting on your case...I was (am) sad and angry and frustrated and used this forum to vent.  I think, mostly, that your fellow visa applicants understand.

The simple solution is don't set your expectations so HIGH. So when something doesn't go your way you won't have far to fall back. USCIS/NVC/Embassy are all meeting their expectations of getting you either approved or denied based on history (yours and theirs). JMHO. :thumbs:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

i dont have expectations at this stage, so I am never disappointed

RoC sent 10/30/21

NOA 11/16/21

Check Cashed 11/18/21

Biometrics Waived 01/19/2022

Beware the fury of a patient man.- John Dryden

Political attempts to require that others share your personal truths are, in their limit, dictatorships.- Neil deGrasse Tyson

My package arrived at the consulate on the 7th, what is the time frame for interview scheduling? Someone whose package arrived on the same date as mine received an interview date the day after so on friday, I hate to sound pessimistic and no I am not rushing as I am very patient BUT this makes me wonder if it's a bad sign. I am not trying to be negative as I am not a negative Nancy but this is stressing me the hell out.

1 hour ago, Olga&Jared said:

I very much agree about setting high expectations. It's just that my expectations were asleep for the whole time between NOA1-NOA2, and I guess now they're balancing it out :D

I got an email from AskNVC that they received it! They didn't yet have it when I called at their opening hour so I guess they got it today. No case number yet but at least I have a hope to make it to next week's shipment! Which probably falls under high expectations again but whatever :D 

May I ask when did you send that AskNVC inquiry?  I wonder if you call, would you get the same answer? 😋

Timeline
1 minute ago, Spotify said:

May I ask when did you send that AskNVC inquiry?  I wonder if you call, would you get the same answer? 😋

I sent it last Wednesday. It takes about a week for them to answer. I choose to believe that they haven't yet processed it when I called at 7 am because if they didn't provide the same information as AskNNC does, that would be even more sad 🙈

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.