Jenny17655

December 2018 AOS Filers [merged threads]

1,890 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

This morning I called USCIS to get an update on my expedited AP. The lady said that the NBC is reviewing the case but she couldn’t give me any time frame or such a thing. She asked if I also had applied for an Emergency travel document which I said ‘no’ to. She explained that this is a stamp in your passport that allows you to re-enter the states. Long story short: she applied for me and within a couple of hours another person called me to schedule an appointment at my closest local office. So I have an appointment for next Tuesday but this all happened so quick that I started to look for more information on the USCIS website. I saw this (see picture) on their website and I am confused; do I have to pay another fee and bring in another pair of passport photo’s? 

Anyone experience with this?

68E68475-E4E8-4764-A72D-C52B720815F9.jpeg

227 days later && finally received our letter of approval for EAP/AP. 

BTW: we didn’t receive any email or text notification and both the old and new website still say “case received”. So these letters in the mail were super unexpected.

Approval date: 8/3 but received the letters in the mail today. 

I sent an inquiry about our processing time on 8/1. Not sure if it had anything to do with the approval, doubt it because we were approved just 2 days later *shrug*

Hope this gives some of you a little hope 🤗 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Well after 230 days the status of my I765 updated to "case was approved". I'm relieved. Now to wait for my card. 😊

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
1 hour ago, Vee_bay_bee said:

227 days later && finally received our letter of approval for EAP/AP. 

BTW: we didn’t receive any email or text notification and both the old and new website still say “case received”. So these letters in the mail were super unexpected.

Approval date: 8/3 but received the letters in the mail today. 

I sent an inquiry about our processing time on 8/1. Not sure if it had anything to do with the approval, doubt it because we were approved just 2 days later *shrug*

Hope this gives some of you a little hope 🤗 

Congratulations!

Did you ever check the status of your service request on the website? Was it assigned to an officer? 

My service request was assigned  to an officer on Aug 2 and the same day it said that they mailed a response and they closed the request, but no changes on the status of the EAP,  still "case received" everywhere. But now I have some hope that maybe what they mailed is actually the letter of approval! Hopefully the letter arrives tomorrow. It's been 246 days for me...

13 hours ago, ofvila said:

Congratulations!

Did you ever check the status of your service request on the website? Was it assigned to an officer? 

My service request was assigned  to an officer on Aug 2 and the same day it said that they mailed a response and they closed the request, but no changes on the status of the EAP,  still "case received" everywhere. But now I have some hope that maybe what they mailed is actually the letter of approval! Hopefully the letter arrives tomorrow. It's been 246 days for me...

No I didn’t check the status. I only received an email that I would get a response before the 23rd of August. 

Question:  now that my husband has his EAD approved, does he have to go to the SSN office to request a SSN? Or will it come automatically with the combo card? 

1 hour ago, Vee_bay_bee said:

Question:  now that my husband has his EAD approved, does he have to go to the SSN office to request a SSN? Or will it come automatically with the combo card? 

Did he apply for one on the I765?

If yes, it will come in the mail in a week or two after the EAD arrives.

If no, he will have to go in person with his Combo Card.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Guys, it’s been a while since I’ve posted here but wondering does anyone know how the AoS process would be affected if an applicant (beneficiary) and petitioner are relocating and moving to a different state altogether? I know we have to change the address with uscis online but wondering how would it affect the process now. Would the file be sent to the local office to the city where we are moving and would the Interview now be held in the new or nearby city? Would the process get slower for us or it depends? Would I have to call uscis to ask that or has someone experienced that already? Any information would be helpful. @K1visaHopeful Any thoughts? The reason I’m asking is because my case is in “ready to be scheduled for an interview” phase. Looks like if I continued to stay at this state I wouldn’t have heard till the end of the year or January before an interview was scheduled anyway but you never know.

Edited by Amit M

30 minutes ago, Amit M said:

Guys, it’s been a while since I’ve posted here but wondering does anyone know how the AoS process would be affected if an applicant (beneficiary) and petitioner are relocating and moving to a different state altogether? I know we have to change the address with uscis online but wondering how would it affect the process now. Would the file be sent to the local office to the city where we are moving and would the Interview now be held in the new or nearby city? Would the process get slower for us or it depends? Would I have to call uscis to ask that or has someone experienced that already? Any information would be helpful. @K1visaHopeful Any thoughts? The reason I’m asking is because my case is in “ready to be scheduled for an interview” phase. Looks like if I continued to stay at this state I wouldn’t have heard till the end of the year or January before an interview was scheduled anyway but you never know.

Does your new LFO have a faster or slower estimated processing time?

Your case will be transferred and your new estimated processing time will be based on that.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Does your new LFO have a faster or slower estimated processing time?

Your case will be transferred and your new estimated processing time will be based on that.

Hmm okay. At this point the new LCO is slower than my current LFO but that’s also cuz the current LFO jumped 5-6 months ahead in the last 2 weeks so I’m not sure if it will go back or what. But sounds like it’s purely based on processing time.

2 hours ago, Amit M said:

Hmm okay. At this point the new LCO is slower than my current LFO but that’s also cuz the current LFO jumped 5-6 months ahead in the last 2 weeks so I’m not sure if it will go back or what. But sounds like it’s purely based on processing time.

Your processing time will reflect what ever LFO you are at. If you moved and your LFO changes, so will your processing time.

Just got our notice in the mail for our AOS interview - September 10th. Just wondering for those who have recently had their interviews - any other random documentation requested by the FO on the day of that isnt listed on the notice letter?  In addition to the originals and copies of stuff listed on the letter, I am going to bring a copy of our I-485 and I-864 and a copy of everything we submitted with that but just wondering if any other random requests have been asked. Thanks!

8 minutes ago, SMK 89 said:

Just got our notice in the mail for our AOS interview - September 10th. Just wondering for those who have recently had their interviews - any other random documentation requested by the FO on the day of that isnt listed on the notice letter?  In addition to the originals and copies of stuff listed on the letter, I am going to bring a copy of our I-485 and I-864 and a copy of everything we submitted with that but just wondering if any other random requests have been asked. Thanks!

When we had our interview, the officer literally asked: what do you have for me? So specific documents weren't actually requested; we were the ones deciding on what to hand. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.