Jenny17655

December 2018 AOS Filers [merged threads]

1,890 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
1 hour ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Many November filers just started receiving EAD/AP cards or getting interviews scheduled, so my guess is that you might receive good news soon. 

Hiring an immigration lawyer would not help. 

1 hour ago, dr01d3k4 said:

No idea what that operator is on about. Call them again and see if you can get to someone different because that operator doesn't know what they're doing. When prompted for case number, did you enter the EAD's number or the AOS's number?

I'm still waiting for my EAD since October. They ignored my first service request sent in July. I called them last week and all they could do was send another saying I'll hear by email within a week (or by letter within 2). Might call them again today or tomorrow, and if it's not good news, time to get politicians and ombudsman involved.

That's horrible to hear that October/November fillers are still waiting :( When I called I entered my EAD number. 

I think I'll call again this/next week.

01/19 Mailed I-129F  01/25 NOA1 08/11 NOA2  08/24 NVC received  09/27 NVC#  09/04 NVC left  09/06 Consulate received 09/14 Medical Examinations  10/02 Instructions (Pkt 3) received (via email)  10/05 Interview  10/10 Visa received   

10/25 US Entry  12/02 Wedding  12/31 Mailed I-485, I-131, I-765  01/04 NOA1  02/01 Biometrics  07/15 AOS RFE  08/12 RFE Reply 10/16 EAD&AP Approval
11/12 AOS Interview

23 hours ago, Amit M said:

Oh awesome, congrats! 

Do you know if that’s the trend in Charlotte LFO or this was just the luck of the draw?

It might be. Looking at January/ March/ April filers, it is.
One of my friends here came in 2016 and she had to wait 8 months (unsure if that's helpful)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Patience089 said:

It might be. Looking at January/ March/ April filers, it is.
One of my friends here came in 2016 and she had to wait 8 months (unsure if that's helpful)

Well funny enough, today my status updated to interview is scheduled. Haha. Will see when it comes in the mail.

My first application for EAD was denied, then second one was also denied soon after the NoA1 was sent to me.  

I can’t know the truth about my case because every officer says different “all of yours were denied “ other person said “still processing” but I got an email last month that my EAD was denied or terminated in February. How can I handle that? No body let me to talk to Tier2 immigrant officer. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Minori said:

My first application for EAD was denied, then second one was also denied soon after the NoA1 was sent to me.  

I can’t know the truth about my case because every officer says different “all of yours were denied “ other person said “still processing” but I got an email last month that my EAD was denied or terminated in February. How can I handle that? No body let me to talk to Tier2 immigrant officer. 

Srry to hear but consider getting a lawyer to handle the situation.

3 hours ago, Minori said:

I don’t have money to hire a lawyer because I haven’t worked for a year and a half... 

Thank you for your comment though.

maybe there would be a way to make an appeal and refile your EAD. I remembered meeting someone during biometrics, she told me her EAD was denied 2x then refiled again and it was approved.  that was a very quick conversation and didnt ask how she do it. I remembered she came here in US without a passport. i was confused how she made it. so there must be a way .  

Hi all. 

My husband and I are planning a trip in December to have our wedding celebration with his family in the Dominican Republic. Since we are having our wedding celebration in December, we decided to stay for the holidays as well. So we will be there for a whole month. 

My question is: is there a time limit he can be out of the US with only his EAD/AP card? 

31 minutes ago, j.b. said:

maybe there would be a way to make an appeal and refile your EAD. I remembered meeting someone during biometrics, she told me her EAD was denied 2x then refiled again and it was approved.  that was a very quick conversation and didnt ask how she do it. I remembered she came here in US without a passport. i was confused how she made it. so there must be a way .  

Thank you for your comment. I called again and this time, what I knew that is all of my application was denied. 

I actually reapplied for EAD but denied maybe because the AOS was denied already. I really have to talk to Tier2 because this is their error since RFE wasn’t delivered and asked to resend and when we answered to it, it was too late! 

36 minutes ago, Minori said:

Thank you for your comment. I called again and this time, what I knew that is all of my application was denied. 

I actually reapplied for EAD but denied maybe because the AOS was denied already. I really have to talk to Tier2 because this is their error since RFE wasn’t delivered and asked to resend and when we answered to it, it was too late! 

Have you tried contacting the ombudsman for help?

https://www.dhs.gov/case-assistance

11/12/2017 - Entered US on J1
10/18/2018 - Filed AOS at NBC
12/11/2018 - Biometrics
02/28/2019 - USCIS mailed RFIE on I485
05/09/2019 - USCIS received RFIE response
06/11/2019 - USCIS mailed another RFIE on I485
06/19/2019 - USCIS received 2nd RFIE response
07/24/2019 - I485 ready to schedule for interview
01/22/2020 - I485 interview (in San Jose instead of San Francisco)

Timeline
17 hours ago, Minori said:

Reach out to your state’s senate office. Maybe they can help you or atleast get an answer. So sorry to hear about your situation.

Edited by Amit M

Timeline

Alrighty folks, my interview is scheduled for next month. My existence on this forum have been very minimal but could anyone share their insights or thoughts or what all do I need to be prepare with and docs to take besides the one mentioned on the interview letter. Any help would be appreciated! :) @K1visaHopeful

Also, my wife (USC) and I moved to another state for my job. She doesn’t have a job yet but has potential but it doesn’t look like she’s be earning much whereas my job pays me super well. Is that going to be an issue during our interview since my wife is my sponsor and her I-864 mentions previous employer and salary. Do we need to update uscis about it or let it be or what? We are still way above the poverty limit so we don’t think it should be a problem but wanna know from you guys’ experience 

Edited by Amit M

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.