Jenny17655

December 2018 AOS Filers [merged threads]

1,890 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Lebanese23 said:

that's really good news, pending in their system, maybe the website is being wack and giving you wrong info. hopefully you'll hear approvals soon. not sure why your EAD still taking so long you applied a year ago, probably good idea to press on that for now, Green card usualy takes a while depends on your field office.

I called today again and the man said he couldn’t see my status from technical issue. Then I called again, another man said my EAD was denied but I-485 was still pending. He said the system is confusing right now, so you and they can see different status. 

I asked to talk to Tier2 but too busy then maybe I will have to call 8am eastern time, it’s 2 am in Hawaii tomorrow... 

I need to know what TRUTH is.

Edited by Minori

6 minutes ago, ofvila said:

Hi, one question, when the send the EAD do anyone have to sign for it or do they just leave it in your mailbox? 

Nope.

Yes.

Sorry I keep posting but I just want to share my experience because USCIS is really messy right now. 

I woke up at 2am to talk to Tier 2 but still couldn’t. 

And again, another woman said that all of my case is still pending. It’s different as yesterday. 

But I requested notices of denial online on Monday, another officer said all of my application was denied as of 2/27. So today’s officer said I should wait for the letter, if I receive it that means denied but if not still pending but it’s taking over 1 year for EAD so I need to call again. 

Anyone knows any cases like mine? Every officer says different about my case. Denied, pending and partly denied. We’re financially tight with two boys!! 

I'm now 248 days without any movement on EAD/AP or AOS (I'm filing for AOS as a K1)

I submitted a "case inquiry" on July 30 2019 which is currently not assigned for processing.

I'm so frustrated waiting that i contacted my local congresswoman to contact USCIS on my behalf and this is the response i received from them..

386611522_Screenshot2019-08-22at10_10_02.png.6aa0ad9cac6e608145078153af132f8e.png

I'm so confused regarding this "Your constituent filed using the Dates for Filing Applications Chart, and we will continue to review these applications and related ancillary applications in the order received. Due to the volume of cases under review, we do not have an estimated timeframe for completion"

Can anyone help try and explain this to me; do all AOS application from a K1 visa who are now married commonly file using the Dates for Filing Applications chart?

24 minutes ago, Joe_UK said:

I'm now 248 days without any movement on EAD/AP or AOS (I'm filing for AOS as a K1)

I submitted a "case inquiry" on July 30 2019 which is currently not assigned for processing.

I'm so frustrated waiting that i contacted my local congresswoman to contact USCIS on my behalf and this is the response i received from them..

386611522_Screenshot2019-08-22at10_10_02.png.6aa0ad9cac6e608145078153af132f8e.png

I'm so confused regarding this "Your constituent filed using the Dates for Filing Applications Chart, and we will continue to review these applications and related ancillary applications in the order received. Due to the volume of cases under review, we do not have an estimated timeframe for completion"

Can anyone help try and explain this to me; do all AOS application from a K1 visa who are now married commonly file using the Dates for Filing Applications chart?

They gave you info on family preference visas. Does your rep know you are a K1 AOSer?

Just now, K1visaHopeful said:

They gave you info on family preference visas. Does your rep know you are a K1 AOSer?

Yeh, I explained in my letter to them that i was a k1 AOSer 

24 minutes ago, Joe_UK said:

Yeh, I explained in my letter to them that i was a k1 AOSer 

Then either your rep's immigration liaison officer didnt explain your situation to USCIS properly or USCIS sent the incorrect form letter back. I predict the former.

32 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Then either your rep's immigration liaison officer didnt explain your situation to USCIS properly or USCIS sent the incorrect form letter back. I predict the former.

I've contacted my rep to see which of the above options is true..

I'm concerned that USCIS is processing my application as a "family-preference" 😕 (Surely not though as i've checked my Notice of Action for i-765 and it clearly shows that my eligibility criteria for i-765 is C09 and my covering letter for the applications clearly shows that i'm adjusting status from marriage to a USC via a K1 visa)

9 minutes ago, Joe_UK said:

I've contacted my rep to see which of the above options is true..

I'm concerned that USCIS is processing my application as a "family-preference" 😕 (Surely not though as i've checked my Notice of Action for i-765 and it clearly shows that my eligibility criteria for i-765 is C09 and my covering letter for the applications clearly shows that i'm adjusting status from marriage to a USC via a K1 visa)

I wouldnt be concerned. If you were a family preference you would have had to have filed an I130.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
9 hours ago, Joe_UK said:

Hi Joe,

I am in the same boat as you are! I’m 241 days without any movement on EAD/AP and I am also going from a K1 to Greencard. I also submitted an ’case inquiry’ on July 30th and today I called USCIS and the lady told me that USCIS has 30 days to respond to the inquiry which means we should have a response by August 31st. 

I contacted a senator from California and two days ago we received the response (in the picture) from her from the USCIS. The response makes no sense because I didn’t expedite my case or anything. Plus I feel like both the responses we got back are similar.. 

I feel just a frustrated as you and I just don’t know what to do anymore. 

D6CE88F4-3C73-4D87-A982-79DE1246C8D1.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
20 hours ago, Joe_UK said:

Exactly the same situation 249 days today and nothing anywhere..lawyer did service request August 9th still nothing back … SO frustrating!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Had our interview at Newark this past Thursday. Went pretty well, the person interviewing us was pretty chill. Probably talked more about Disney and vacations than actual questions. He did go through all the questions listed on the application though.

I guess they can't tell you on the spot if you're approved or not, since he whispered to us that we were approved

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

I got my EAD in the mail yesteday, after 265 days (yay!).  Hope everyone that's still waiting gets theirs soon!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
7 hours ago, ofvila said:

I got my EAD in the mail yesteday, after 265 days (yay!).  Hope everyone that's still waiting gets theirs soon!

Congrats! Did you get a notification or did it just come in the mail? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.