Greenbaum

DECEMBER 2018 K-1 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,964 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Janique pine said:

So you didn’t schedule the medical appointment yourself ? .... I’ve been looking around all day go find some .. really only know you and Sabrina 

No, you can schedule your own interview at the embassy online, once that is done you send an email and someone will email you back a few days later with a  medical appointment date, time and instructions of what to bring to the medical appointment. There's a Carribean forum on VJ as well as a Jamaica portal with many other k1 couples, with a lot of helpful information. Also if you read the P3 that Greenbaum sent you, all of the instructions are on it.

Edited by NicholeT

Timeline
On 1/22/2019 at 7:58 PM, Greenbaum said:

@Janique pine the first link (p3) has step by step instructions on how to schedule both the interview and medical.

Edited by NicholeT

2 hours ago, Janique pine said:

So have you received the Packet as yet ? Did it take long to recieve a medical appointment 

Hi, we have not received packet 4 for the medical exam, yet. However, rather than waiting on packet 4, my fiancée will walk into the consulate medical center tomorrow for her exam. We learned from VJ that an alternative to the medical letter is the NVC letter you received notifying you that your case was sent to the consulate. However, because each consulate is different, I suggest that you check with the Jamaican forum, if available. Take care.

Timeline
1 hour ago, NicholeT said:

@Janique pine the first link (p3) has step by step instructions on how to schedule both the interview and medical.

Thank you I’m going to stop stressing so much about it and just do it already 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Janique pine said:

Thank you I’m going to stop stressing so much about it and just do it already 

You're welcome! Yes, lol you are stressing way too much. In my opinion this is the easier or less stressful part of the process so far. Just don't forget that your fiance has to be the one to submit the DS 160. 

Edited by NicholeT

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, Ethan & Shannon said:

I got my interview date 😍 now just the wait and preparation.

Congratulations :D Not much longer now 🤗🤗 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Packet 3 recieved by the Embassy now just waiting on the payment confirmation of the visa fee to be able to schedule the interview 🤗

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, beloved_dingo said:

My fiance interviewed in Sydney 2 days ago, and I used my 2018 taxes for the Affidavit of Support. I filed my taxes on January 17th, and was able to retrieve the official tax transcript from the IRS website on January 25th. Even if you don't have the transcript though, if you have the 1040 form(s) + all schedules (W-2s/1099s) then that is fine too! :) Hope this helps put your mind at ease. Also, best of luck on the interview. If you have any more Sydney-specific questions, feel free to PM me.

Hello. My interview is on the 14th of february. Do you think my fiance’s 2017 tax is still okay or does he have to file for 2018 tax

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hey everybody! Finally we got our packet 3. 

Do we need to mail back the original I-129 F when we mail back packet 3? I don't understand if we just have to send the letter or the I-129F too. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Roxyneu said:

Hey everybody! Finally we got our packet 3. 

Do we need to mail back the original I-129 F when we mail back packet 3? I don't understand if we just have to send the letter or the I-129F too. 

You don’t need to send your I-129f, they have it :). They will send you your original I-129f with packet 4 (at least that’s what happened with the Sydney consulate).

Edit: It’s possible that China is different, but I don’t think sending another I-129f is a requirement.

Edited by Ethan & Shannon

K1 Visa Timeline [Approved]

Spoiler

07/23/2018    I-129F sent

07/25/2018    NOA1 email notification

07/30/2018    NOA1 hard copy

12/21/2018    NOA2 hard copy

01/10/2019    NVC Case # assigned

01/22/2019    Left NVC

01/29/2019    Embassy received

01/29/2019    Pkt 3 sent

02/01/2019    Pkt 4 received

02/13/2019    Medical

03/00/2019    Interview approved!

04/01/2019    Visa issued

04/02/2019    Visa received in mail

04/06/2019    POE

05/04/2019    Wedding

Adjustment Of Status Timeline [Approved]

Spoiler

05/31/2019    I-485, I-131 and I-765 sent

06/10/2019    NOA1 (electronic) & check cashed

06/11/2019    NOA1 hard copies

07/05/2019    Biometrics walk-in

09/30/2019    Interview scheduled (electronic notification)

10/23/2019    EAD/AP approved

11/00/2019    AOS Interview approved!

11/08/2019    Green card is being produced

11/16/2019    Green card in hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ethan & Shannon said:

You don’t need to send your I-129f, they have it :). They will send you your original I-129f with packet 4 (at least that’s what happened with the Sydney consulate).

Edit: It’s possible that China is different, but I don’t think sending another I-129f is a requirement.

Thanks so much

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello. My interview is on the 14th of february. Do you think my fiance’s 2017 tax is still okay or does he have to file for 2018 tax

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, Dia pe said:

Hello. My interview is on the 14th of february. Do you think my fiance’s 2017 tax is still okay or does he have to file for 2018 tax

2017 is fine as 2018 tax filing isnt due until April 2019.  You could bring 2018 w2 if u like as they should be sent already. Good luck with your interview!

Some 2018 tax forms arent fully finished yet, my tax program is estimating Feb 15th  until they will even be available.

Edited by TandSarahJane

Hi, did any of your cases update every day while it says "ready"? Did you receive packet 3 anyway or did it stop updating and then you received packet 3?

Our K1 Timeline:

07/11/2018   I-129F sent

07/18/2018   NOA1

12/13/2018   NOA2

01/02/2019   NVC received

01/02/2019   NVC case #

01/22/2019   NVC left

01/24/2019   Embassy received

02/07/2019   Packet 3 received

02/14/2019   Packet 4 received

02/14/2019   Medical

02/20/2019   Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.