LEISEROM

Friends girlfriend denied entry

83 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Their wedding now has to be “Made in China” 😊 then they can come through the Spousal Visa route. 

Citizenship
Event Date
Service Center : Online
CIS Office : Raleigh NC
Date Filed : 2020-10-03
NOA Date : 2020-10-03
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date :  
Approved :  
Oath Ceremony :  
Comments : INA 328 and 329 [ Military ] 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
4 hours ago, Orangesapples said:

It makes you happy when people are denied? That's messed up. I'm happy when people find ways around the red tape

That’s not finding ways around the red tape. That’s doing it illegally. So yeah makes me happy when people get caught if they were doing something illegal when the rest of us wait like a million years and spend a million dollars. Frak yeah I get happy when I see they got caught. 

11 minutes ago, TNJ17 said:

That’s not finding ways around the red tape. That’s doing it illegally. So yeah makes me happy when people get caught if they were doing something illegal when the rest of us wait like a million years and spend a million dollars. Frak yeah I get happy when I see they got caught. 

It's not like AOS is cheaper than getting a visa... Also, AOS is 100% legal

Edited by Orangesapples

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
41 minutes ago, Orangesapples said:

It's not like AOS is cheaper than getting a visa... Also, AOS is 100% legal

Coming here on a tourist visa with the intent to AOS is totally illegal. 

Filed: Other Timeline
2 hours ago, Orangesapples said:

I do play by the rules because I don't want to get in trouble and I don't like taking risks. But I don't care if others break them. I am capable of following the rules and realizing that they make no sense. 

Then you would expect others to do so as well.

6 hours ago, Orangesapples said:

And you yourself have said that you would have done that, too. 

Some rules are stupid and I don't care if people break them

Well, CBP cares about rules being broken. And kick those out who intend to AOS on a B2. That's the way rules are, feel free to write Congress to change rules. Until then, kick out all all those gaming our system with a B2 entry with intent to AOS

If people don't like long immigration waits to do so legally, no one is forced to marry overseas. They can find an American spouse!! 

I-751 journey

10/16/2017.......... ROC package mailed

10/18/2017.......... I-751 package received VSC

10/19/2017.......... I-797 NOA date

10/30/2017.......... Notice received in mail

10/30/2017.......... Check cashed

11/02/2017.......... Conditional GC expired

11/22/2017.......... Biometrics completed

xx/xx/xxxx.......... waiting waiting waiting

Let's also keep in mind that this is literally a "I heard about a friend of a friend...." story. Who knows what actually happened at the airport.

I remember reading a thread here a while back about a Brazilian guy that got send back immediately on a B2 visa. Claimed racism, mistreatment by CBP blah blah blah... after about 6 pages of posters telling him his story didn't make sense, he then happens to mention the 2 year overstay on his previous "trip" :bonk: 

Edited by FluffyBalls

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
3 hours ago, kemm360 said:

Their wedding now has to be “Made in China”

Even then, they have options. The legal marriage for a CR-1 can happen anywhere in the world: https://www.passportindex.org/comparebyPassport.php?p1=us&p2=cn&fl=&s=yes That being said, one poster described the marriage process in China as straightforward and OP's friend seems like a cheapskate.

Your Input Is Appreciated On This VJ Guide Proposal: 

Filed: Timeline

As the original OP i finally got to look at this(our virus scanners at work block us from using forum software). Anyway this whole thing was typical for him. Try to cut a corner to save a buck. His GF probably now has a big black mark in her file. I would imagine a K1 would get super scrutinized. 

As an aside my wife came here 30 years ago on a K1. We tried no shortcuts. Never had any trouble. Her grand nephew wanted to come here a few years ago and play HS soccer. I vetoed any tourist visas. He had to go thru an exchange student program. Despite the cost it all worked out. He was only here a semester but played HS soccer, got second team all-district and the team went to the regional semis. All done correctly,

3 minutes ago, TM92 said:

Even then, they have options. The legal marriage for a CR-1 can happen anywhere in the world: https://www.passportindex.org/comparebyPassport.php?p1=us&p2=cn&fl=&s=yes That being said, one poster described the marriage process in China as straightforward and OP's friend seems like a cheapskate.

You hit the nail on the head

Filed: Timeline

What happened is she had two big bags. Something she said made them suspicious. They searched everything and found birth certificate. When questioned about that and why she was coming here she mentioned my friend. They called him on his cell and asked what their relationship was. Well he couldnt really lie. So she was gone.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: El Salvador
Timeline
11 minutes ago, LEISEROM said:

What happened is she had two big bags...

Yup, that probably made them suspicious, initially. It would have been 100% legal for them to marry in the US and then do CR-1. But, she was willing to enter with a B-2 with illegal preconceived intent to AOS; CBP rightfully wised up.

Your Input Is Appreciated On This VJ Guide Proposal: 

7 hours ago, Orangesapples said:

Yes, it's stupid that you can't just enter on a non immigrant visa with an intent to legally adjust status. In many countries that's perfectly legal and there's nothing wrong with it. The US just loves red tape and inefficiency. I understand why people are denied if they plan on staying and working illegally but if they plan on adjusting status then that's a different situation. Nobody wins if such people are denied entry, it just creates unnecessary red tape

The result of this would be a very large influx of white tourists adjusting status.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.