jackyjimenez

OCTOBER AOS 2018 Filers

2,281 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline
15 minutes ago, icanbenobody said:

Let me/us know how it goes with you when you guys go to SSA next week..i also plan to go to SSA next week on friday.

Thanks

Will do. I plan to go on Thursday. Should be smooth and easy, but the local SSA office for me is like the 7th level of hell.

Just now, ThomasNC1988 said:

Will do. I plan to go on Thursday. Should be smooth and easy, but the local SSA office for me is like the 7th level of hell.

You dont say. The last time we went it was 4 hrs wait with 1 minute meeting with their staff and got nothing.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Brian PC said:

Don’t we usually apply for the SSN when we enter the country? Is there a reason why people are applying after getting the GC? Is it only for the name change?

Name change or forgotten to apply before I-94 expired. Or there were problems and couldn’t be solved before the I-94 expired not caused by the applicant. 

1 hour ago, Brian PC said:

Don’t we usually apply for the SSN when we enter the country? Is there a reason why people are applying after getting the GC? Is it only for the name change?

Some k1 got lucky to their ssa and they get a ssn before applying aos or before they got married or 2 weeks of arrival in the US they apply for ssn and got approve.. Me and @ThomasNC1988 maybe the unlucky people who didnt get a ssn before our AOS but we got lucky to have our GC on hand .. Because we Received our GC they automatically cancelled/close our EAD/AP. in other hand No EAD approve no ssn but we are good to go to apply one in ssa because of our GC.

4 hours ago, icanbenobody said:

Some k1 got lucky to their ssa and they get a ssn before applying aos or before they got married or 2 weeks of arrival in the US they apply for ssn and got approve.. Me and @ThomasNC1988 maybe the unlucky people who didnt get a ssn before our AOS but we got lucky to have our GC on hand .. Because we Received our GC they automatically cancelled/close our EAD/AP. in other hand No EAD approve no ssn but we are good to go to apply one in ssa because of our GC.

Another update for SSA 

one can work with the reciept they give you when you apply for SSN

i m going to show this to the employer tomorrow 👍

FA285991-17BC-4866-9395-C99F54695BD2.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 1/25/2019 at 7:17 PM, icanbenobody said:

Yes. I got my SSN before filing AOS. And I’ve been using my SSN already for Credit Card and Bank. At least I’m building credit till EAD or GC comes. 

Citizenship
Event Date
Service Center : Online
CIS Office : Raleigh NC
Date Filed : 2020-10-03
NOA Date : 2020-10-03
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date :  
Approved :  
Oath Ceremony :  
Comments : INA 328 and 329 [ Military ] 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
On 1/25/2019 at 8:40 PM, Brian PC said:

I believe the SSN can be applied for once you get the EAD. (IIRC)

My wife already had a SSN from her cultural exchange visa (J visa), luckily. As of now, I'm not really worried about any name change on the card because the AOS  packaged already has all that information. 

Edited by Rocko20

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi,

Received data : September 26 2018

First NOA : October 04 2018

Second NOA : October 12 2018

Bio/Finger Appointment : October 31 2018

Still there is no news, is it normal ?

3 minutes ago, metehn said:

Hi,

Received data : September 26 2018

First NOA : October 04 2018

Second NOA : October 12 2018

Bio/Finger Appointment : October 31 2018

Still there is no news, is it normal ?

Yip. They have only started processing EADs for the beginning of September. 

Your AOS timeline is dependent on your Local Field office. I could show you how to look up the estimated processing times for your LFO but you have not filled out your timeline to state what that is....

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline
1 minute ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Yip. They have only started processing EADs for the beginning of September. 

Your AOS timeline is dependent on your Local Field office. 

I checked AOS (Greencard) Timelines, some cases having decision in couple months, mine is more than 3 months that's why i m confused. 

Thanks

2 minutes ago, metehn said:

I checked AOS (Greencard) Timelines, some cases having decision in couple months, mine is more than 3 months that's why i m confused. 

Thanks

It depends on your LFO. Some process in 3 to 6 months while others take years. If you tell me your LFO I can show you how to check.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.