jackyjimenez

OCTOBER AOS 2018 Filers

2,281 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Today I received great news that my F2B Application was scheduled for an interview. I'm still in shock that my interview came after only 5 months of submitting my AOS.

No EAD or AP approval yet, but it seems I may no need them.

My Timeline:
9/26/ 2018 ___ I-765/I-131 - RD
10/3/2018 ____ AOS I-485 - RD
3/6/2019  ____ Status Change to AOS I-485 Case is ready to scheduled for an interview.
3/7/2019 ____ Status Change from AOS I-485 to Interview was scheduled.

Field Office - San Bernardino, CA

I'm expecting a mail with an interview notice the next couple of days. Does anyone know in how many weeks I'm going to get an interview. I'm thinking about 4-5 weeks.

Good Luck to everyone.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 hours ago, Bonita93 said:

How do we get the mail tracking number for the cards? 

I was told there isn’t one but it will usually arrive within 7 days 🤞🏾

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

NOA Oct 9th: “New card is being produced” status changed today informed via Text Message and by email. No changes in AP status.

SSN question: I had a SSN in the past while in US under J1 visa. We filled for getting a SSN in the I485 form. My question: Are we supposed to receive a SSN card together with the combo card? Is there a way to check online what is my SSN status? Thanks.

Edited by GFP

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
12 minutes ago, GFP said:

NOA Oct 9th: “New card is being produced” status changed today informed via Text Message and by email. No changes in AP status.

SSN question: I had a SSN in the past while in US under J1 visa. We filled for getting a SSN in the I485 form. My question: Are we supposed to receive a SSN card together with the combo card? Is there a way to check online what is my SSN status? Thanks.

I kind found the answer:

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Working in the US/EBE_Flyer_Apply_for_your_Social_Security_Number_While_Applying_for_Your.pdf

If USCIS approves your application to work in the U.S. and you completed the section on the application to request an SSN card, then USCIS will send SSA the data we need to issue your SSN card. If you already have an SSN and you requested an SSN card on the I-765 application, we will issue you a replacement SSN card.
If USCIS approves your application, you will receive two documents – your Employment Authorization Document (EAD), also known as the “USCIS I-766 card” or “work permit”, and in another envelope your SSN card. We will mail your SSN card to the address you listed on your I-765 application. You should receive your SSN card no later than 7 business days after you receive your EAD from USCIS.

Thanks anyway. Does someone already receive the SSN card?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
3 hours ago, GFP said:

I don't know your exact specifics, buy my wife has a SSN from the past under her J1(or cultural visa) and we have used that same visa to file taxes successfully with the IRS. My research has said that once you get a SSN (from any visa), it will remain the same forever. Even after the GC paperwrok she will still have the same SSN if I'm not mistaken. 

You don't currently have your SSN card from when you were under the J1 Visa? My wife still had her card. 

Edited by Rocko20

Timeline

Hey all, interview question: 

I had my K1 medical June 2018

Married in the states in August

AOS pd - October 12th

In my state, it’s like 13-18 months to interview, so will I...

1 - Need another medical before interview?

2 - Need to have my medical records validated in the states? 

3 - Do nothing because the medical form I provided for AOS from the UK is valid? - if valid, for how long?

TIA! 

9 minutes ago, Morgan89 said:

Hey all, interview question: 

I had my K1 medical June 2018

Married in the states in August

AOS pd - October 12th

In my state, it’s like 13-18 months to interview, so will I...

1 - Need another medical before interview?

No as long as you filed AOS within one year of your overseas medical date and completed your vaccines at that medical.

2 - Need to have my medical records validated in the states? No.

3 - Do nothing because the medical form I provided for AOS from the UK is valid? - if valid, for how long?

Yes. You need not do anything but have submitted your DS3025 vaccination record with your AOS application and will bring your copy to the interview. Your overseas medical is valid indefinitely as long as you submitted your AOS within one year. It doesn't matter how far in the future you get your AOS interview.

TIA! 

Timeline

@K1visaHopeful Brilliant, thank you!!

33 minutes ago, Katri said:

What is DS3025? I didn’t include anything like that..... And just got RFE but not from that. 

It’s the form you should’ve recieved upon completion of your medical. It states all the vaccines you’ve had.

44 minutes ago, Katri said:

What is DS3025? I didn’t include anything like that..... And just got RFE but not from that. 

As noted above it's your vaccination record from your overseas medical. You are supposed to submit a photocopy of your copy of the DS3025 with the I485 application for K1 AOS applicants but quite possibly they let it slide because you are required to bring your copy to the interview.

Just recieved an update that they scheduled an interview for my husband's case! October 11th was our NOA1. We live in NH I dont know what the time line for interviews but we will see with the paperwork. So real question, how come the work permit and travel card still say case recieved. Does that take a couple of days more?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

just got our notification via EMAIL and CASE TRACKER APP this morning. Our interview was scheduled! no Idea what day or time, but such exciting news, we were hoping for a september interview and it looks like it will be way earlier than that.  NOA1 - October 12th for AOS ... this came a week after getting a "NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCED" notification.  I will update on how long the letters take to arrive, but right now I70 is closed in both directions due to an avalanche (colorado!)  so the mail is a little bit slow.  Hang in there everyone!

2 hours ago, UKUSABoston said:

Just recieved an update that they scheduled an interview for my husband's case! October 11th was our NOA1. We live in NH I dont know what the time line for interviews but we will see with the paperwork. So real question, how come the work permit and travel card still say case recieved. Does that take a couple of days more?

The EAD and AP are a separate process from the GC. EAD and AP take 4 to 6 months with most being approved in 5.5 at the NBC.

Your GC timeline is dependent on the processing times of your local field office. Yours must be fast. 

If you are approved for your GC, your EAD and AP will no longer continue processing. You wont need them because you will already have your GC.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.