485 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

So guys I have a question regarding the needed documents for the AOS Interview. May I ask what’s the meaning of “All documentation establishing your eligibility for Lawful Permament Residence status”?

What documents uscis needed for this? Thank you very much.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline
13 hours ago, Lucy&Jason said:

So guys I have a question regarding the needed documents for the AOS Interview. May I ask what’s the meaning of “All documentation establishing your eligibility for Lawful Permament Residence status”?

What documents uscis needed for this? Thank you very much.

Look at the instructions for I-485. You need all kinds of documents that proof that you are eligible to Adjust your status under the category that you have. For example you got married to a US citizen. You have to 

1. Prove they are a USC (birth certificate, naturalization certificate, passport etc)

2 Prove that you are married (certified copy of your marriage license from vital records)

3 Prove that is a real bona fide  marriage (photos, letters, lease, bank statements, credit cards etc)

4 Prove that you are who you are who you claim you are (birth certificate, ID, passport, EAD card etc)

5 Prove you came here legally (visas, past passports, I-94)

I think you get the concept of what they are asking you for. In your application you made a lot of claims and you provided supporting documents. Now in the interview you will be required to substantiate your claims with more evidence. Where i stand from it is important to being everything with you. As many documents as you can old ID, passports, letters, photos, everything that supports all those clams that you made in your application. Keep in mind that the main intention of the interview is to examine if you marriage is legitimate so put emphasis on bona fide evidence.   

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
1 hour ago, LisaLisa said:

Look at the instructions for I-485. You need all kinds of documents that proof that you are eligible to Adjust your status under the category that you have. For example you got married to a US citizen. You have to 

1. Prove they are a USC (birth certificate, naturalization certificate, passport etc)

2 Prove that you are married (certified copy of your marriage license from vital records)

3 Prove that is a real bona fide  marriage (photos, letters, lease, bank statements, credit cards etc)

4 Prove that you are who you are who you claim you are (birth certificate, ID, passport, EAD card etc)

5 Prove you came here legally (visas, past passports, I-94)

I think you get the concept of what they are asking you for. In your application you made a lot of claims and you provided supporting documents. Now in the interview you will be required to substantiate your claims with more evidence. Where i stand from it is important to being everything with you. As many documents as you can old ID, passports, letters, photos, everything that supports all those clams that you made in your application. Keep in mind that the main intention of the interview is to examine if you marriage is legitimate so put emphasis on bona fide evidence.   

Superb...👏👏👏 thank you @LisaLisa

After my 4 th visit to the Secretary of State finally I have my driver ' s permit . First they had to check my status through SAVE . When I went second time at another location , an incompetent SOS employee opened a second case through SAVE . A third time and  back to the first location they say the case is still pending ( they were looking at the EAD / AP / AOS  )  . When I insisted that it says " Case returned to agency " and the pending cases are something totally different they " need to send a fax to Lansing " . Finally after a month I was able to take the written test .  I applied after my NOA 1 and after having the SS card .

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
12 hours ago, alun said:

After my 4 th visit to the Secretary of State finally I have my driver ' s permit . First they had to check my status through SAVE . When I went second time at another location , an incompetent SOS employee opened a second case through SAVE . A third time and  back to the first location they say the case is still pending ( they were looking at the EAD / AP / AOS  )  . When I insisted that it says " Case returned to agency " and the pending cases are something totally different they " need to send a fax to Lansing " . Finally after a month I was able to take the written test .  I applied after my NOA 1 and after having the SS card .

So pleased for you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

I just did some lowkey stalking of everyone who's applied for AOS with the Detroit office. And I'm amazed and happy to see so many people getting interviews scheduled and approved! 

But it's also made me extremely nervous because there are people who applied months after me who have scheduled interviews whereas the status of my application is STILL "Fingerprint Fee received." 

Are there other Detroit applicants out there who sent their app late Dec/early Jan and are still waiting to hear anything? I'm just getting so anxious and frustrated waiting with absolutely zero news. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
20 hours ago, alun said:

@lusiaan, @kyquintero, @yuni_yuni                 could you please let us know how  your interview went on May 1 ? 

We arrived at 9.21 (appointment at 9.40) security checks bit strict. Shows our ID's and We have to take our shoe's off before walk through the metal detector. My husband bring the small aerosol spray in his bag (glass cleaner) and security say he cant bring it to the building so he had to go back to the car to save the spray. Then to reception to confirm our appointment. They will check our appointment letter and show where we have to wait for the interview.

The officer called us for interview  around 9.55. The interview begins by asking  to raise our right hand and swear to tell the truth during the interview. Then took a pict and fingerprint. 1st question is about how we met and my husband tell her from how we met, why decide the K1, and how we get married here. Then the question only about yes or no question from the AOS form, then confirm all data from the form (my name, birth date, my parents name, etc ). She also realize i made a mistake on the form ( I wrote my middle name as the first name, my husband name as my middle name, and my first name as family name) she said she will fixed that. She asked any evidence that we bring for interview. I gave her our files and she only took some of docoment:

-recent tax document (w2, tax return)

-my husband pay stubs

-Employment letter

-insurance confirmation from my husband company that's stated me as his spouse

-copy of family ID card from my husband company

-wedding documentations (i print some of our wedding pict in paper)

Actually she want me to show my ssn card but i dont bring it (i say i dont know i have to bring that and we should not bring it anywhere) she said no problem.

Then she say everything is ok and i will got my GC within 14 days (maximum,but usually faster) and explains that i have to apply for ROC in the next 21 months.

Well i think the hardest part of this all process is waiting patiently

Good luck for everyone who still waiting.. it will be your turn soon..

Edited by yuni_yuni

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm so mad! We just received an RFE saying we didn't marry within 90 days.. He entered the US 03/09 and we married on 03/22!! Someone messed up and I'm not sure what to do.. I guess call. 🤬

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 4/13/2019 at 5:03 PM, Lucy&Jason said:

My GC interview will be on May 16. Just received the USCIS letter this morning.. :D

Us too! Hope it goes well!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.