485 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
Just now, alun said:

Thanks Lucy&Jason ! I didn't change  my name after marriage . 

You’re welcome. Just make sure your GC name and SSC’s name are matched.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Detroiters.  I am from Windsor with POE of June 13th.  Glad I found this thread.  Gives me hope Detroit processing is fast.  I sent AOS docs yesterday so expect delivery on Thursday to USCIS in Chicago.  My question is regarding the I-94 electronic doc.    I have tried to access it several times since the POE on June 13th but it states traveler not found.   I can retrieve all my Crossing history for the last 5 years with no problem so not sure why I-94 isn’t available.  I sent the I-485 with the I-94A card from my passport with a note and screen print of the “traveler not found” so I hope I don’t get an RFE asking for it.  I called Immigration at the Detroit Windsor Tunnel where I crossed and they said not to worry about it since I had stamp in passport.  Anyone else have this happen?    Also, has anyone applied for SSN yet?   I know it says to wait 2 weeks so I plan on going early next week.  Any issues encountered in getting it without EAD?   

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I got a SSN 10 days after arrival at the Pontiac SSO. I took a print out of this form to prove eligibility: https://secure.ssa.gov/apps10/poms.nsf/lnx/0110211530 but didn't need it as they never queried it. It took 10 minutes in all. I checked on Google prior to going when the busy times were to avoid waiting too long. I can't recommend an office in Detroit, only offer my experience that I had no problems in Pontiac. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Lori Johnson said:

Did you need the I-94 electronic record or is the I-94A passport stamp sufficient?

I had I-94 electronic. Emigrated from England. Only stamp in my passport was the 90 day date from POE. I don't know if that's the I-94A. I suggest you pick a SSO at a quiet time, take everything you have & the print out of the eligibility & go from there. If you get refused ask for a supervisor or try another office. They're not infallible & may not have dealt with a K1 before so accept it may take a while. Some people wait for EAD. I needed SSN to open a bank account & get health insurance so I wasn't going to be deterred. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Lori Johnson said:

Did you need the I-94 electronic record or is the I-94A passport stamp sufficient?

OK. I just checked - I-94 is for air and sea entry, I-94A is for land entry. Should make no difference to your eligibility. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, alun said:

@fip & jim  Do you had any succes in removing the  wording on your SS card after GG ? 

Yes. Went back with GC and they sent a new one in the mail. 

Timeline
26 minutes ago, alun said:

I went to the Redford office ( on 7 Mile rd ) and she refused to  do anything , said the card stays this way until I become a citizen 

Can you try another office? 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, UA21 said:

Hey! I’m wondering if anyone got RFE after interview how long does it take for uscis to respond back after submission? 

Didn't get RFE but the interviewing officer didn't have our medicals in our files so didn't approve us on the day. We were expecting RFE to get them done again. 6 weeks later we got approved with no explanation. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.