485 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Just got a notification that Your case is ready to be scheduled for an interview! FinallyQ NOA1 Feb 25th, no RFEs. 

Also today I received my EAD card but I expedited it in April. Overall, it took exactly a month for the expedite to go through. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

So we got our interview today at Detroit Field Office. Interview took only 20 minutes and we brought 4 folders with our other supporting evidences but the IO didn’t  look at it, he only asked for our passports, marriage certificate and insurance. He asked for a joint bank account but I told him we don’t have since I dont have SSN yet.  And lastly he asked me for my address here in the US. All in all It was a very straightforward interview.

Unfortunately, we weren’t  able to get an on the spot Approval :cry: instead, he handed us a letter stating it’s under further review and expect a decision after two weeks. Right now I’m feeling so down and upset. 😔😔😔

Should I be worried? What can I do if they will deny my application?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Lucy&Jason said:

So we got our interview today at Detroit Field Office. Interview took only 20 minutes and we brought 4 folders with our other supporting evidences but the IO didn’t  look at it, he only asked for our passports, marriage certificate and insurance. He asked for a joint bank account but I told him we don’t have since I dont have SSN yet.  And lastly he asked me for my address here in the US. All in all It was a very straightforward interview.

Unfortunately, we weren’t  able to get an on the spot Approval :cry: instead, he handed us a letter stating it’s under further review and expect a decision after two weeks. Right now I’m feeling so down and upset. 😔😔😔

Should I be worried? What can I do if they will deny my application?

We had ours today as well and they didn’t approve us right away but we had someone who was being audited by another person, so I’m not too worried and hope he just needed to get sign off from someone else or wanted to be thorough. Hopefully we here back soon! 

Timeline
Just now, MelissaR512 said:

We had ours today as well and they didn’t approve us right away but we had someone who was being audited by another person, so I’m not too worried and hope he just needed to get sign off from someone else or wanted to be thorough. Hopefully we here back soon! 

What time your interview? We had ours at 10:30. Did they give you a letter?

Timeline
Just now, Lucy&Jason said:

What time your interview? We had ours at 10:30. Did they give you a letter?

Ours was at 2, we got a paper that explained how the green card is conditional and we have to apply for the 10 year one within 90 days of expiry plus a letter that said they need to further review the file before making a decision.

Timeline
Just now, MelissaR512 said:

Ours was at 2, we got a paper that explained how the green card is conditional and we have to apply for the 10 year one within 90 days of expiry plus a letter that said they need to further review the file before making a decision.

He didn’t give us the paper about the conditional greencard. Is it a he or she who interviewed you?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, MelissaR512 said:

Seems like he already printed the paper that states “for further review” even before he interviewed me. Coz he handed it down to me right away with all my information on it and the computerised mark.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Lucy&Jason said:

Seems like he already printed the paper that states “for further review” even before he interviewed me. Coz he handed it down to me right away with all my information on it and the computerised mark.

We just got an automated message saying a new card is being produced! Hopefully you get the same news soon too, and ours was preprinted too he just checked off the first option that said it’s being held for review

Timeline
1 minute ago, MelissaR512 said:

We just got an automated message saying a new card is being produced! Hopefully you get the same news soon too, and ours was preprinted too he just checked off the first option that said it’s being held for review

Wow congratulations to you. Hopefully we’ll get an update soon too. It’s a nerve wracking time but hopefully it’s also a good news for us.

Timeline

Wow congratulations to you. Hopefully we’ll get an update soon too. It’s a nerve wracking time but hopefully it’s also a good news for us.

Thank you! I think you will have good news soon, we are rooting for you!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, MelissaR512 said:

Oh my God.. I refreshed my case tracker and it says New Card is being produced. Does this mean we are approved?

Timeline

Oh my God.. I refreshed my case tracker and it says New Card is being produced. Does this mean we are approved?

Yup!!! Congrats!!! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.