956 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline
4 hours ago, nablune5 said:

Oh Lord, Sept 18 we are still waiting. Please pray for us guys 🙏🙏🙏

Stay strong, you’ll get it soon.❤️  NOA2 is just around the corner. Trust me. Don’t get discouraged or sad. This is still very much normal processing

time and you can keep calm. 😊 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, JJA1979 said:

Called USCIS again last night, still no action 😡

Hello there! We were about the same time of NOA1. So far, I think this is still normal processing time. But I do understand the frustration (I was the same, checking the websites and my email multiple times a day). 

I’ll pray you get yours soon. 

Btw, what exactly did they tell you? I wonder if @Jonah <3 Verlie has called the USCIS for an update too. 

#PhUnite 

Timeline

Pretty standard response...they said there has been nothing sent out (approval, RFE, denial).  Then started quoting the processing times off the website saying they are currently processing early July and it's still way too early for me.  When I told him quite a few Aug and Sep filers have had approvals already, he acted super surprised. 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, JJA1979 said:

Pretty standard response...they said there has been nothing sent out (approval, RFE, denial).  Then started quoting the processing times off the website saying they are currently processing early July and it's still way too early for me.  When I told him quite a few Aug and Sep filers have had approvals already, he acted super surprised. 

Oh wow he seemed clueless or if not, lying. Whichever it is, it’s weird that he’s not seeing on his end that there’s quite a few approvals for September (and August). I mean we all have seen updates of approval here one by one. 🤔

Timeline

Yeah it was just a Tier 1 rep they probably have a standard script and always default back to the "official" times off the website, I get it.  Mostly just wanted to see if they saw something had been sent out or not.  Will keep waiting and try again in a couple weeks

Timeline
9 minutes ago, JJA1979 said:

Yeah it was just a Tier 1 rep they probably have a standard script and always default back to the "official" times off the website, I get it.  Mostly just wanted to see if they saw something had been sent out or not.  Will keep waiting and try again in a couple weeks

Well hopefully it comes out soon! Will keep you in my prayers. For the mean time, try to relax. 😊

4 hours ago, ethanx said:

Hello there! We were about the same time of NOA1. So far, I think this is still normal processing time. But I do understand the frustration (I was the same, checking the websites and my email multiple times a day). 

I’ll pray you get yours soon. 

Btw, what exactly did they tell you? I wonder if @Jonah <3 Verlie has called the USCIS for an update too. 

#PhUnite 

@ethanx I have not try calling them, I'll just wait in the mail 😉 

Congratulations to all the recent approvals! 😍 Hoping we will be next! 😎

September 14, 2018 - Filed the K-1

September 17, 2018 - NOA1 (Old Site)

September 20, 2018 - NOA1 (New Site)

event.png

4 hours ago, ethanx said:

Oh wow he seemed clueless or if not, lying. Whichever it is, it’s weird that he’s not seeing on his end that there’s quite a few approvals for September (and August). I mean we all have seen updates of approval here one by one. 🤔

5 hours ago, JJA1979 said:

As you know or are beginning to realize is the phone agents only have so much information available to them. To assume otherwise is fruitless and it only conjecture on your part.

You know what I learned many years ago and it's still true today. Your file is on a trajectory that is pre-planned and plotted out to take certain steps. Each of those steps must be completed before moving on to the next.

USCIS/NVC is only going to hand out limited information as they do not want to waste time trying to explain any decisions or why it's taking longer then the applicant thinks it should. It's just a waste of time. Even a congress person cannot move a case faster then it's been planned to move. So, calling and calling and calling is not going to move the file.

These agency's have created "tools" for you to understand where in process you probably are and how long it will take place. If you use those tools, you'll have a better journey. This is just my opinion from experience and I will share some "tools" that you can use here on VJ that will help.

1. Use the tools here in VJ to answer "when I am going to get etc. etc." question. Near your picture there is a link for your timeline. Select it and once you're on the next page near your picture  you will see "follow similar timelines" and it will populate 12 other couples who are near your dates. Scroll down and you will see a "spreadsheet" style page showing all the variables for measurement for when others are getting the same notice of approval or action.  Try it. It really works! I followed those that were in my group to give me an idea where they were in processing so I could judge if I was ahead or behind.  It's pretty accurate, maybe within a day or so. If you choose to follow those twelve members then you will get an email every time their status updates.

2. You can see the most recent approvals (of people who posted here and updated their timelines) here https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php

The key is to follow other timelines so you can compare it against your experience and or you'll know what to expect. The past is a good predicter of the future.

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

8 hours ago, DeeJF said:

Got our approval!!!!!!!! Noa1 September 24. Noa2 February 12! We are STOKED! Thank you to this group for the updates and encouragement! 

Congrats!

Join us here for your next steps and important information. Please read the first post on the thread as this is the information that will guide you through this next phase.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jonah <3 Verlie said:

@ethanx I have not try calling them, I'll just wait in the mail 😉 

Congratulations to all the recent approvals! 😍 Hoping we will be next! 😎

I'm waiting for yours. It's got to be very soon!

17 minutes ago, Joyoussinger said:

I'm waiting for yours. It's got to be very soon!

@Joyoussinger Thank you 😍 It's driving me crazy actually lol 🤣 

September 14, 2018 - Filed the K-1

September 17, 2018 - NOA1 (Old Site)

September 20, 2018 - NOA1 (New Site)

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline
33 minutes ago, Jonah <3 Verlie said:

@Joyoussinger Thank you 😍 It's driving me crazy actually lol 🤣 

It's driving me crazy too!!! Its all I think about 😆 Hopefully we hear something soon. Very soon. :D 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.