2,700 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
6 minutes ago, BenRowen said:

186 days .....nothing 

I’m only a few days behind you 😑 this is the hardest thing my fiancé and I have ever done 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi All, I have received the email from NVC (K1-FTP) stating that the NVC is now forwarding my petition to the US Embassy or Consulate in Kingston, Jamaica, The letter stated that the transfer can take several weeks and that they will contact my fiancé when they are ready to process his petition. At this point I am just trying to figure out do I just wait patiently or is there something else I should be doing in the meantime? Please help 🙂

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Sherry2000 said:

Hi All, I have received the email from NVC (K1-FTP) stating that the NVC is now forwarding my petition to the US Embassy or Consulate in Kingston, Jamaica, The letter stated that the transfer can take several weeks and that they will contact my fiancé when they are ready to process his petition. At this point I am just trying to figure out do I just wait patiently or is there something else I should be doing in the meantime? Please help 🙂

Some stuff is going to be dependent on your country, but if possible, do your DS160, get your medical exam done, and get your police records. Make sure you have your I-134 prepared also. Review the specific requirements for your consultate and see what else is there. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 minute ago, JMEngland said:

Some stuff is going to be dependent on your country, but if possible, do your DS160, get your medical exam done, and get your police records. Make sure you have your I-134 prepared also. Review the specific requirements for your consultate and see what else is there. 

Ok, thank you so much. I will complete the DS160 and see if they allow my fiancé to schedule his medical exam. The police report was already ordered and due to come back on 3/19. I will be sure to have the I-134 prepared as well and check on the specific requirements for Jamaica. Thanks again 🙂

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Sherry2000 said:

Ok, thank you so much. I will complete the DS160 and see if they allow my fiancé to schedule his medical exam. The police report was already ordered and due to come back on 3/19. I will be sure to have the I-134 prepared as well and check on the specific requirements for Jamaica. Thanks again 🙂

No problem. You'll use your case number from NVC to do the medical exam. Outside of that, you'll have to research. Just look on the Jamaican consulate website and see if you can find the instructions for the medical. You might need to take something special. I know in Ukraine you need to take 4 passport photos with you, not exactly sure why, but it's on the required items list.. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sherry2000 said:

What does CEAC status say? https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

In Transit? Or Ready? DS-160 needs to be done by your fiancé, then medical, he can order police certificate as well assuming that is  required by your embassy. Really at this point details are country specific. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I woke up this morning to an email from US CIS saying that they had taken an action! I went to the old site nothing changed it seems like the new site is unavailable this morning!  Anyone else having this problem

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
5 minutes ago, BenRowen said:

I woke up this morning to an email from US CIS saying that they had taken an action! I went to the old site nothing changed it seems like the new site is unavailable this morning!  Anyone else having this problem

Yeah says 505 error! But wow! Hopefully it’s an approval! Woohoooo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
32 minutes ago, BenRowen said:

Nice!  Really hoping it's an approval for you!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cyprus
Timeline
12 hours ago, JMEngland said:

But there is not I-134 new forms, are we going to use the out dated forms ?

Timeline
29 minutes ago, osally1 said:

But there is not I-134 new forms, are we going to use the out dated forms ?

Until the new one is released and they specifically state the old one is not to be used, yes. Chances are even after the new one is released, they'll still accept the old one for a few months, if not longer. There's usually a transition time with government forms. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cyprus
Timeline
3 minutes ago, JMEngland said:

Until the new one is released and they specifically state the old one is not to be used, yes. Chances are even after the new one is released, they'll still accept the old one for a few months, if not longer. There's usually a transition time with government forms. 

Thanks i will look into it.

Timeline
1 hour ago, BenRowen said:

Just try again in a couple hours. Praying for you that it's an approval. If the site doesn't want to work you can always try calling and checking the status through the phone system. No need to speak to anyone, just use the automated system and it'll read off your newest update. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, BenRowen said:

Within your email does it state what action took place?

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765, I-131)

12/28/2019:  Packages sent to USCIS via Fedex

12/30/2019:  USCIS received packages

1/08/2020:  NOA for all 3 applications

1/17/2020:  Received biometrics appt letter for the I-485 and I-765 (Code 3). 

1/31/2020:  Biometrics completed

2/20/2020:  RFE

6/15/2020:  Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

6/15/2020:  I-765 (New Card is Being Produced)

6/30/2020:  Received Combo Card in the Mail

4/22/2021:  AOS Interview

4/26/2021:  AOS Approval

4/29/2021:  Permanent Resident Card received in the mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.