2,700 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
2 hours ago, Blondie0216 said:

USPS informed delivery shows a letter from USCIS  in envelope it says page 1 of 1.  I'm praying its NOA 2.   I cant upload the photo.  So excited and what a great birthday present!! 

Congrats Blondie0216.  Very happy for you 😂.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Blondie0216 said:

Thank you.  So excited!!!

Enjoy your approval 😅.  I know how waiting can be stressful.  Just one more step to go through.  We are waiting to schedule an interview, so one more for us also. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, PandT said:

Enjoy your approval 😅.  I know how waiting can be stressful.  Just one more step to go through.  We are waiting to schedule an interview, so one more for us also. 

I am enjoying it.  How long have you been waiting to schedule and what consulate for you? I go to Montreal when the time comes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

my RFE ask for letters from my family freiends who know of our relationship, I cant beelive i missed this one 

anyways its stating it needs to be sworn , so does this mean  each letter needs to be nortirized ?

18 minutes ago, CalaWaheb said:

my RFE ask for letters from my family freiends who know of our relationship, I cant beelive i missed this one 

anyways its stating it needs to be sworn , so does this mean  each letter needs to be nortirized ?

Why do you need those

? Or is that an option to satisfy the rfe? Im confused as this is not required for the petition...

Timeline
1 hour ago, MsNina said:

Why do you need those

? Or is that an option to satisfy the rfe? Im confused as this is not required for the petition...

this is what i get in RFE letter ..... i think it means i need to get each letter nortorised ? also I assume wriiten mean handwritten letters ? i was going to type them up and have them sign it. im confused 😪

affidavits.jpeg

Edited by CalaWaheb

8 minutes ago, CalaWaheb said:

this is what i get in RFE letter ..... i think it means i need to get each letter nortorised ? also I assume wriiten mean handwritten letters ? i was going to type them up and have them sign it. im confused 😪

affidavits.jpeg

I am asking why are they requesting this in the 1st place?

Timeline
9 minutes ago, MsNina said:

I am asking why are they requesting this in the 1st place?

I assume its now required for every K1 visa application ? 

Edited by CalaWaheb

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 hour ago, CalaWaheb said:

What does it says above the line in the picture? It seems like what they want is evidence that 2 of you met in person less than 2 years ago. Pictures alone do not prove it, they just show you've met. Affidavits from witnesses is ONE of the ways to prove it, but not the only way. Can you show us entire letter that they sent you with just your name blanked out? 

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Shiran said:

What does it says above the line in the picture? It seems like what they want is evidence that 2 of you met in person less than 2 years ago. Pictures alone do not prove it, they just show you've met. Affidavits from witnesses is ONE of the ways to prove it, but not the only way. Can you show us entire letter that they sent you with just your name blanked out? 

Edited by CalaWaheb

Timeline

Right, it is exactly what I thought. You do not need to submit affidavits, unless you think this is the only way to proof. Notice the part where it says "Evidence may include" it doesn't mean they want ALL of those things listed, it is just an example. 

What evidence did you already send them? Pictures? Passport stamps? Boarding passes? If you only send pictures, see if you can find boarding passes and passport stamps that show the date of the visit clearly. Find MORE pictures in addition to it. Write down detailed statement of when you've met, and what did you do during your time together. If all that fails you can provide affidavits from other people about 2 of you meeting. 

Timeline

I already sent screen shots of our text and also severeal pics of us on video chat 

alsp pictures of us with his family in his home and a picture of us in front of airport

cant fake that lol also i send recpeits of my airline tickets for both travel and boarding passes too 

i didnt send my passport cause it was damamge and i recieved a lettter stating they wll not return it 

so i got a new passport but i wil send that letter for reasoning of unable to send passport photos 

a freind of mine tell me i need 5 leters from his family with a stamp and translation 

and i need letters from my family with nortorized stamp all this cost money :(

Timeline
17 minutes ago, CalaWaheb said:

I already sent screen shots of our text and also severeal pics of us on video chat 

alsp pictures of us with his family in his home and a picture of us in front of airport

cant fake that lol also i send recpeits of my airline tickets for both travel and boarding passes too 

i didnt send my passport cause it was damamge and i recieved a lettter stating they wll not return it 

so i got a new passport but i wil send that letter for reasoning of unable to send passport photos 

a freind of mine tell me i need 5 leters from his family with a stamp and translation 

and i need letters from my family with nortorized stamp all this cost money :(

Ok, as I said, pictures do not prove that you've met WITHING LAST 2 years. They just show you 2 met. They want something that shows you've met between Aug 2016, and Aug 2018. It says nothing about affidavits having to be notarized by  the way. They are not asking for pictures of your text chat. They want proof of physical meeting. Do boarding passes clearly show your name and date of travel? Do you have baggage tags maybe? Did you write a letter about what you did when 2 of you met with exact dates? Do you have any credit card receipts from your time while visiting him? 

Also, they are asking for something else. They are asking for original version of some document (Minutes of Judgement) from Casablanca it seems you sent translation, but didn't include photocopy of the original. So make sure to include that. 

Edited by Shiran

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.