TBoneTX

January 2018 I-129F Filers, Part II

2,648 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Lucy&Jason said:

Congratulations on your approval. Me too, we considered contacting our Congressman but unfortunately until now we are still waiting for our approval.😢

It doesn't hurt to try! :)

June 2016: We started writing to each other

June-July 2017: Met in person in the US for our first anniversary

December 2017 - January 2018: Met again in the US and got engaged

01/09/2018: I-129F sent to the USCIS Dallas Lockbox via FedEx

01/16/2018: Received NOA1 (NOA1 notice date: 01/11/2018)

June-July 2018: Met in person in Singapore and Australia for our second anniversary

08/03/2018: Notice date on our NOA2 (updated in USCIS's new website on August 6)

08/15/2018: Our case reached NVC

08/22/2018: Received NVC case number

09/04/2018: Our package left NVC (arrived 9/11, and she sent packet 3 that day)

09/20/2018: Received packet 4; scheduled interview

10/30/2018: Interview - told that we're approved!  Now waiting to receive the visa...
11/27/2018: Port of Entry at BWI

12/1/2018: Our wedding!

12/8/2018: Filed AoS on the way to our honeymoon (12/8-15/2018)
6/~7/2019: EAD and AP approved
09/25/2019: AOS interview in Orlando -- approval and green card!

Next step, June 2019: Filing I-751

Note: My wife is a Singaporean.  She moved to Australia before we met and got permanent residency there.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
2 minutes ago, microcebus said:

It doesn't hurt to try! :)

Yes we tried. And we received an email from the Congressman that we need to wait for 30-45 days because it is still under adjudication. 😢

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Lucy&Jason said:

I’m referring to @Deehotstepper‘s comment. With regards to security background checks, that’s both petitioner and beneficiary. Am i right? I have lived to 3 different countries for 5 years. So I am guessing that’s one of the reasons why we are having some delays on our part.:unsure:

Yes on both petitioner and beneficiary and they do it again when you adjust stays as welll on both parties.

this is written testimony from a senate hearing related to the uscis k1 process.

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2017/03/15/written-testimony-uscis-senate-committee-judiciary-hearing-titled-vows-visas

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, raissadefaria said:

Online, I really still trying to stay positive and believe that we’ll hear news soon.

my boyfriend was gonna call today again, last time they ask to call back in August 15.  Just a normal call, I don’t even know exato what’s tier 2, but look like a super busy person, everyone its calling 😂 

I've been trying to stop positive and also proactive, even though it probably won't make a difference lol.

What happens on August 15th tho? 

It would be tier 2 agents. Or agents that supposedly has more answers than just  regular agents. But they're probably less busy since less calls actually go through to them. Or maybe they are more business if there's less of them lol. But who knows at this point.

Anyways, good luck and keep us posted!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Lucy&Jason said:

I’m referring to @Deehotstepper‘s comment. With regards to security background checks, that’s both petitioner and beneficiary. Am i right? I have lived to 3 different countries for 5 years. So I am guessing that’s one of the reasons why we are having some delays on our part.:unsure:

Yes, our international background checks take a while to complete, because some countries respond faster than others. One of the fastest countries, we complete our background checks with, is the Philippines. Perhaps their system is similar to ours or they are just used to the constant requests from the USA companies.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, microcebus said:

I called my congressman's office last Friday to let them know that we were coming up on 7 months since NOA1 and had a wedding scheduled for December 1.  After their immigration person got back to the office yesterday, they were going to contact USCIS.  I didn't have much hope because the person at the congressman's office said that it would take 30 business days to hear back from USCIS.  And I remember telling them, "That's long." 😄

I woke up this morning to 2 emails.  One, from the congressman, said they had sent the inquiry to USCIS.  The other was from USCIS saying there was an update on our case!  I went on the new website and saw this.  It looks like NOA2 is coming! :)  I didn't get a text from USCIS, so I guess this is a silent NOA2.

NOA2-1 copy.png

Congrats.

It doesnt seem like the congressman's office made much of a difference, it seems your case was already en route to being completed.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

I am at 217 days now and requested an update a week ago for outside processing times. Should i call and try to get a tier 2 or get my congressman involved?

12 hours ago, nowayout203 said:

So here's my experience after making a few calls today:

1. Called and ignored all prompts - got transferred to the Spanish speaking queue and got someone (who initially spoke in Spanish) who was able to tell me that my case was approved yesterday (8/6) and that the approval notice was printed today. (Note that this occurred without the representative transferring me at all.)

2. Called and entered the English queue - got someone who told me my case was still in a "received" state and pending, and the "normal processing times" spiel.

3. Called and entered the English queue - got someone who was willing to transfer me to Tier 2. Spoke to Tier 2 and was provided the same info that the Spanish speaking representative gave me (approved 8/6, approval notice just printed).

By the way, at the time of this writing... both the old and new site still show the case as "received", not "approved."

congrats!

Luflolady

Jan 26th: Mailed I-129F

Jan 29th NOA1

Feb 2nd: Check Cashed

Feb 9th: rcvd hard copy of NOA1

Aug. 28th Notified of RFE being mailed

Sept. 1st received hard copy of RFE in the mail

Sept. 4th mailed response to RFE

Sept. 10th received txt that my response to RFE was received

Oct. 10th Received txt that we were approved (NOA2) 30days after RFE response

Oct. 13th received hard copy of NOA2

Oct. 31st case arrived at NVC

Nov 2nd received case number

Nov. 19th Case is "ready" to schedule an interview

Feb. 14th Interview (2019) APPROVED!!!!!!

AOS

July 24th: mailed AOS pkt

July 31st: received txt msg of receipt numbers for all documents

Aug 5th received NOA hard copies dated July 31st

Aug. 9th received Biometrics letter in the mail

Aug. 19th Biometrics appt.

Sept. 20th notified of RFE via website 

Sept. 25th Received hard copy of RFE (copy of BC)

Sept. 27th Sent response to RFE

Sept. 30th Response was delivered

Oct. 2nd... Response to evidence received updated on website

Feb 12, 2020 case is ready to schedule for interview

Feb 12, 2020 New card is being produced (EAD)
Feb 13, 2020 Notification that EAD  and AP was approved

Feb 18,2020 received hard copies of AP and EAD approval

Feb 18,2020 notification AOS interview scheduled and EAD mailed

Feb 20, 2020 received EAD card

Feb 24, 2020 received interview letter (March24th)

Aug 4, 2020 received notification of new interview date(rescheduled because of pandemic)

Sept. 14th new AOS interview
Oct. 30th AOS approval

Nov. 9th New card is being produced

Timeline
2 hours ago, JayHouser said:

I am at 217 days now and requested an update a week ago for outside processing times. Should i call and try to get a tier 2 or get my congressman involved?

I suggest both.

We are doing both things so that whatever comes first atleast we will be getting some update.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

Guys I have a question. We haven’t received any notifications that USCIS worked on our case ever, it just says received 22 Jan. 

I have a flight booked to visit my fiance 25 Aug - Sept 8. Do you think that an ongoing background check can affect my entry? If they started at all... I’ve been to the states twice since filing without even being asked about the k1 for 1 week each time. 

Now I am a bit worried since we should be investigated by then, and if its not complete they might not let me? Has anyone had similar experience? 

The lawyers we hired said shouldnt be a problem if I have my return ticket and based on my previous trips, but I am interested in hearing your experience. 

My fiance wants to call USCIS on 23 August (211 days) if don’t hear anything back until then. Not sure if annoying them before I travel is a good idea. 

Thanks in advance!

Edited by brigimigi

Hey guys, 

so we inquired with USCIS yesterday. They weren't able to tell us anything new, just that we'll hear back from them by August 22nd or earlier.

And now we wait and try to keep our (especially mine) sanity.

Good luck to every one still waiting, congratulations to those approved - you are so so lucky! 😉 

Timeline
49 minutes ago, I.Kat said:

Hey guys, 

so we inquired with USCIS yesterday. They weren't able to tell us anything new, just that we'll hear back from them by August 22nd or earlier.

And now we wait and try to keep our (especially mine) sanity.

Good luck to every one still waiting, congratulations to those approved - you are so so lucky! 😉 

Oh friend.. I thought you were already approved.. sorry to hear that. Same as us. 208days waiting now.😢😢😢

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

24th on the old site here. If I were a fingernail biter, I’d be biting them 😛 

*crosses fingers*

01/22/2018: Filed I-129F

10/11/2018: K-1 Interview (Guangzhou, China) -- approved at last!

02/14/2019: POE

02/21/2019: We're married, baby!

03/29/2019: Filed for AOS, EAD, and AP

02/07/2022: Filed for ROC

12/13/2022: Filed N400

53 minutes ago, Lucy&Jason said:

Oh friend.. I thought you were already approved.. sorry to hear that. Same as us. 208days waiting now.😢😢😢

Thank you, @Lucy&Jason💗 The beginning of the month seems to be really THE WORST time when to file 😥 Not for February though... Well, we just have to stay strong for a little longer, it must be coming ANYTIME SOON! 😍

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.