TBoneTX

January 2018 I-129F Filers, Part II

2,648 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
15 minutes ago, nowayout203 said:

So here's my experience after making a few calls today:

1. Called and ignored all prompts - got transferred to the Spanish speaking queue and got someone (who initially spoke in Spanish) who was able to tell me that my case was approved yesterday (8/6) and that the approval notice was printed today. (Note that this occurred without the representative transferring me at all.)

2. Called and entered the English queue - got someone who told me my case was still in a "received" state and pending, and the "normal processing times" spiel.

3. Called and entered the English queue - got someone who was willing to transfer me to Tier 2. Spoke to Tier 2 and was provided the same info that the Spanish speaking representative gave me (approved 8/6, approval notice just printed).

By the way, at the time of this writing... both the old and new site still show the case as "received", not "approved."

An Approval is an approval, however it comes, you got it!! Congrats.

1 minute ago, nakuke said:

Received approval notice this morning. Approved on August 6th.

Congrats!  Happy for you both!

event.png        event.png

Spoiler

K-1 Visa

06/19/2017:  Met online on a dating site (Date in Asia)

11/10/2017:  Met in person 1st time (traveled to Philippines: 11/8/2017 - 11/20/2017)

01/29/2018:  I-129F petition sent to the USCIS Dallas lockbox via USPS

01/31/2018:  I-129F petition delivered and signed by USCIS

02/06/2018:  Check was cashed ($535); Received acceptance confirmation email and text from USCIS; Case being transferred to CSC

02/08/2018:  NOA1 hard copy received via USPS (NOA1 received date: 01/31/2018; NOA1 notice date: 02/05/2018)

08/09/2018:  I-129F petition approved (total wait time: 190 days from received date and 185 days from notice date) 

08/13/2018:  NOA2 hard copy received via USPS

08/22/2018:  NVC received I-129F petition

08/23/2018:  NVC assigned case number

09/03/2018:  Medical exam at SLEC (Day 1)

09/04/2018:  Medical exam at SLEC (Day 2)

09/04/2018:  NVC sent I-129F petition to embassy

09/05/2018:  Embassy received I-129F petition

09/23/2018:  Met in person 2nd time (traveled to Philippines: 09/21/2018 - 10/07/2018)

09/24/2018:  Interview - Approved! (Interview took 236 days from received date and 231 days from notice date)

09/25/2018:  Attended the CFO - GCP session

09/28/2018:  Visa packet in hand (picked up at Robinson's Mall in Bacolod, Philippines)

10/03/2018:  Flew from BCD to MNL and back to get CFO - GCP sticker

10/06/2018:  POE at JFK airport in New York

10/22/2018:  Received marriage license application (applied on 10/17/2018)

11/07/2018:  Received SSN card (applied on 10/24/2018)

11/10/2018:  Married to my Honeybun!

AOS/EAD/AP

11/23/2018:  Packet sent to the USCIS Chicago lockbox via USPS

11/29/2018:  Packet delivered and signed by USCIS

12/05/2018:  Check was cashed ($1225); Received three acceptance confirmation texts (one for each form) from the USCIS

12/11/2018:  NOA1 hard copies received (one for each form) via USPS (NOA1 received date: 11/29/2018; NOA1 notice date: 12/03/2018)

12/13/2018:  Biometrics (ASC) appointment notice hard copy received via USPS (notice date: 12/07/2018)

12/26/2018:  Biometrics (ASC) appointment at 9:00am at the USCIS Application Support Center in Charleston, SC

01/02/2019:  AOS case status update:  Ready to schedule interview

01/09/2019:  AOS case status update:  Interview scheduled

01/12/2019:  Interview appointment notice hard copy received via USPS (notice date: 01/09/2019)

02/19/2019:  Interview for AOS:  I-485 - Approved

02/25/2019:  Green card received in mail

ROC

01/02/2019 *State ID card - Applied and received temporary paper ID....waiting on real physical card ID.

37 minutes ago, nowayout203 said:

So here's my experience after making a few calls today:

1. Called and ignored all prompts - got transferred to the Spanish speaking queue and got someone (who initially spoke in Spanish) who was able to tell me that my case was approved yesterday (8/6) and that the approval notice was printed today. (Note that this occurred without the representative transferring me at all.)

2. Called and entered the English queue - got someone who told me my case was still in a "received" state and pending, and the "normal processing times" spiel.

3. Called and entered the English queue - got someone who was willing to transfer me to Tier 2. Spoke to Tier 2 and was provided the same info that the Spanish speaking representative gave me (approved 8/6, approval notice just printed).

By the way, at the time of this writing... both the old and new site still show the case as "received", not "approved."

Maybe they'll update it once your notice gets mailed? 

Let us know how it goes.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ironclad43 said:

Maybe they'll update it once your notice gets mailed? 

Let us know how it goes.

I predict an influx of calls to uscis from those of us over 200+ days to see if this will work for us 😅😅😅 good thing I’m working today...just sayin 😌😌😌😌😌😉😉😉

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 minutes ago, VickeySis said:

I predict an influx of calls to uscis from those of us over 200+ days to see if this will work for us 😅😅😅 good thing I’m working today...just sayin 😌😌😌😌😌😉😉😉

I called USCIS because I have an issue for tier 2.  The woman who transferred me was very nice and I was excited to hear the wait would only be 6 minutes.  They called me back only to find out the first operator had transferred me to tech support lmao, that’s why it was so quick 

16 hours ago, Chair_force1 said:

So.  Does USCIS only update their system  first thing in the morning, or has anyone seen random approvals during other times of the day?

Obviously I have as limited experience as anyone else on here, but it seems like lately the approval email/texts are coming in during the morning hours.  I got mine this morning at 5:19am (CDT).  My fiance found it posted just before that on the website about 4:00am (CDT).  For reference, I had checked the website last night before I went to bed at 9:04pm (CDT) and it was NOT updated yet.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Deehotstepper said:

Hi Group,

i know the wait is tough and hard for those of us who have not heard anything. Stay strong, pray and do what you can.

i wanted to provide an update: I called USCIS last Thursday to expedite my case because my fiance travels across the country for work and in the last couple of weeks, they have been terrorist activities, killings, bombings etc. The Tier 2 agent was very helpful and understanding, she submitted my request, of which they would sent me a letter and I would have to submit documentation of the reasons i am seeking for them to expedite my case. So i called today because i have been checking my informed delivery and i have not seen this letter. I happened to speak to a wonderful African American Lady today who was so helpful. She did inform me that the request to expedite was voided because if your case is scheduled to be decided within 45 days, there is no need to expedite. So for those considering putting in a request to expedite, there might be no need as your case will be decided soon.

She was also kind enough to let me know that my case is currently being reviewed by an officer and i should hear soon. She did give me the standard line of that it could take up to 45 days.

hope this helps others in my shoes as well, as we wait.

Thank you for the information and praying we all hear soon🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽❤️❤️❤️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Deehotstepper said:

Hi Group,

i know the wait is tough and hard for those of us who have not heard anything. Stay strong, pray and do what you can.

i wanted to provide an update: I called USCIS last Thursday to expedite my case because my fiance travels across the country for work and in the last couple of weeks, they have been terrorist activities, killings, bombings etc. The Tier 2 agent was very helpful and understanding, she submitted my request, of which they would sent me a letter and I would have to submit documentation of the reasons i am seeking for them to expedite my case. So i called today because i have been checking my informed delivery and i have not seen this letter. I happened to speak to a wonderful African American Lady today who was so helpful. She did inform me that the request to expedite was voided because if your case is scheduled to be decided within 45 days, there is no need to expedite. So for those considering putting in a request to expedite, there might be no need as your case will be decided soon.

She was also kind enough to let me know that my case is currently being reviewed by an officer and i should hear soon. She did give me the standard line of that it could take up to 45 days.

hope this helps others in my shoes as well, as we wait.

thank you for this! The wait is making me anxious and crazy this is very helpful. I pray for your fiance's safety. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 8/6/2018 at 12:36 PM, nyaliss said:

Today is day 208. I'm hoping this will be the week. Though I'm sure it'll be a RFE. No matter what happens we are seeing each other in October!! 😎😎💖

What do you believe you'll get an RFE for?

Timeline
6 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Give them a call I heard they do fax upon request. Please let us know what you find out.

My fiance called them at 8 am, they asked him all the case data and promised to call him back with information about RFE. After 2 hours they called him back and explained, that copy of his Divorce Certificate (he was previously married and divorced) missed the judge's signature. They  told that is only one thing that hold approval of our case. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.