TBoneTX

January 2018 I-129F Filers, Part II

2,648 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Lucy&Jason said:

Alright cool :thumbs:Will definitely have something to look forward to upon my arrival. Thanks @BJ & Christine 🍻for inviting us to come over to your place.Lols:lol::lol::lol:

Come on over. 

If u were here in 2.5 weeks u can come over to the bon fire. 

event.png

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do OLD SITE

https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ NEW SITE

https://www.house.gov/representatives US Congressmen 

https://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm US Senators 

IN REGARDS TO WHICH DATE TO USE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

noa1 date is actually they date on ur hard copy. Sadly if u reach the magical 220 day u must wait till 225 to contact Uscis. They use what the new site says. Even if ur paper says X date. 

They added 5 days onto everyone’s accepted on NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
7 hours ago, I.Kat said:

How about we have a little therapy session right here. We can pretend we're talking to USCIS, to let it all out. I can start: "Dear USCIS, I have never lied to you, never commited a crime, neither did my fiancé. We have done everything right and we've put everything we have into this application and into keeping this relationship alive while we're forced to be apart. You might not know what application I'm talking about because it is one of those you've been avoiding and skipping over. It makes me question myself - what did I do wrong, am I a bad person and that is why I don't deserve to be with the only person who understands me fully, who is my best friend, my biggest support and the most caring and patient person I know? All we want is to be together because we love and need each other in this unfair world. I wish you could experience what is love, USCIS, it would make you more humane." Done venting. Thank you for you attention, my favorite January filers. 💗

Dear USCIS,

My fiancé and I are so tired of waiting. We didn’t lie to you not commited a crime either... We really don’t want to be judged because of our nationality or country of  birth. We are two nice people who love and support each other. He is my all, my best friend, my love, my soul mate. I have been counting the days, the hours, to be together. I know I am only 20, and so you think I could wait forever; WRONG. I need to start the next step of my life with him. We planned to move to another state, transfer me to a good university so I can finally take the important step towards my medical career, and also to evaluate his degree in dentistry. Also, USCIS, we love each other, and so is most people here. We are all trying to be with the one person we love the most, so please go easy on us. I can go oooooooonnn about how scared and stressed out I have been, I’m so worrrrriiiieed to death that something would go wrong and then we have to live in another country which I don’t want at all. I have to start all over again and what about my school? Ugh I can go on and on about this but I should stop.

Edited by Noor Salam

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, Lucy&Jason said:

I guess USCIS now has a new set of rule of processing time.

Widow/Widower: 3-5months

Divorcé/Divorcée: 5-7months

Single: 8-12months

😂😂😂😂

I'm divorced and still waiting. It's so hard to try and make sense of all of this. This process is already so difficult when you start out and realize you may have to wait for 5 to 7 months, but we hang on, counting the days, trying to live our lives as best as possible but always watching the clock, waiting for the day when we can finally really start our lives with the person we love. But the 7 month window passes by and there is so much disappointment. All the hope that you will have an NOA2 in your hand by 7 months Is gone. Now there is no time frame - no website that tells us your application will be process in....NOTHING. Some of us call USCIS and speak to various people and seem to get different responses every time which only adds to our turmoil. My fiancé called yesterday and put in an "outside of normal processing" inquiry.....supposed to get a response to the inquiry in 9 to 20 days. Doesn't mean an approval, just means someone will most likely tell us "your application is still under review" within 9 to 20 days. This may not seem like an encouraging post, but sometimes just letting other people know you understand exactly how they're feeling makes us all realize we are not alone. I hope and pray that many of us who feel like the "forgotten" will start to see approvals, and that the K1 process timeline starts to decrease for all filers as people really shouldn't have to be exposed to this kind of angst in their life just to be with a loved one.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So we called again today after saying that they will re-send the RFE again yesterday. The tier 1 offered to resend the RFE but my fiance said to just connect him to tier 2. So tier 2 called and apparently they haven't sent the RFE (after they said last week that they sent it Aug 7) as they are still working on some paperwork . My  fiance can't remember what exactly. They said they are not ready to send the mail yet.

I'm okay with waiting, as long as they give us a concrete answer. I mean calling the call center and them giving a different answer every single time is just frustrating

1 minute ago, azbob said:

Day 221 old site and I checked the new website this morning and still the same old "We received your case blah blah blah it's probably sitting at the bottom of a forgotten box collecting dust blah blah blah so we have nothing new to say about it blah blah blah"

Since last week I've decided to call USCIS every week only to find out if they can tell me if my case even exists. Up until now they could only tell me what the website said which was basically nothing. I would gladly take an RFE at this point only to know that it exists. I chatted with someone else on VJ that had waited 345 days and he made repeated calls and inquiries each with no information other than it's waiting on background checks. So discouraging. I thought for sure mine was following a similar path.

Today a very energetic teir 1 CSR answered and said "...it is my goal to do my absolute best to help you today..." (I must have won the CSR lottery here today) he asked why I'm calling so I explained that 221 days have passed since you received my petition and I just want to know if my case still even exists that is all. He answered back saying "Well then I have good news for you today... your case was just APPROVED! "

Hallelujah!!!🤸‍♀️🥂🎆🎉

Congrats....best news from it sounds like the one of the best call center agents.

x

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
37 minutes ago, azbob said:

Day 221 old site and I checked the new website this morning and still the same old "We received your case blah blah blah it's probably sitting at the bottom of a forgotten box collecting dust blah blah blah so we have nothing new to say about it blah blah blah"

Since last week I've decided to call USCIS every week only to find out if they can tell me if my case even exists. Up until now they could only tell me what the website said which was basically nothing. I would gladly take an RFE at this point only to know that it exists. I chatted with someone else on VJ that had waited 345 days and he made repeated calls and inquiries each with no information other than it's waiting on background checks. So discouraging. I thought for sure mine was following a similar path.

Today a very energetic teir 1 CSR answered and said "...it is my goal to do my absolute best to help you today..." (I must have won the CSR lottery here today) he asked why I'm calling so I explained that 221 days have passed since you received my petition and I just want to know if my case still even exists that is all. He answered back saying "Well then I have good news for you today... your case was just APPROVED! "

Hallelujah!!!🤸‍♀️🥂🎆🎉

Congratulations! What relief and excitement you must be feeling after such a long wait. I hope the next steps for you go quickly and you play some catch up with the long wait you've had for the NOA2.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
NOA 1 - 01/22/2018 
212 дней 
Вызовите, вызовите и снова вызовите.
Если вы не позвоните, вы будете ждать всегда. 
Сегодня позвонили и получили RFE .
Снова подождите, подождите и подождите.
Edited by Dinara

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
4 hours ago, azbob said:

Hallelujah!!!🤸‍♀️🥂🎆🎉

Congratulations!!!!!

26 minutes ago, D&B said:

My fiancé called USCIS a few times today as he wanted to speak with a Supervisor but each time he was told due to the high volume of calls Tier 2 was not taking any calls and to call back later. Just a few minutes ago he tried again, with the same response, BUT Tier 1 advised we were APPROVED just this afternoon!!!!! I actually had him call back again and ask another Tier 1 if we were approved because I needed confirmation after so long of a wait. There was a light at the end of the tunnel after all.....just didn't know how long that tunnel was going to be and for me that was the hardest part of this part of the journey.

And congratulations to you too!!

event.png

Update: 

Got an RFE aug 9 by phone. Aug 13 by mail. Sent back Aug 14 overnighted and Aug 16 website said they have received it. Still nothing on the website. Called today and tied one said it’s still “processing” you know the usual script if it can take 60 days. It was a simple letter of intent. I don’t understand why everything takes forever! DAY 220!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
7 hours ago, kmza89 said:

So we called again today after saying that they will re-send the RFE again yesterday. The tier 1 offered to resend the RFE but my fiance said to just connect him to tier 2. So tier 2 called and apparently they haven't sent the RFE (after they said last week that they sent it Aug 7) as they are still working on some paperwork . My  fiance can't remember what exactly. They said they are not ready to send the mail yet.

I'm okay with waiting, as long as they give us a concrete answer. I mean calling the call center and them giving a different answer every single time is just frustrating

That means they haven’t placed their final adjudication yet. They might still consider your rfe to an approval. This is according to what they told us the last time. Keep holding on. Our time is coming so very soon.😊

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
9 hours ago, azbob said:

Hallelujah!!!🤸‍♀️🥂🎆🎉

THIS STORY HAS MADE MY DAY! 

Congratulations you guys deserve it!!!

5 hours ago, D&B said:

My fiancé called USCIS a few times today as he wanted to speak with a Supervisor but each time he was told due to the high volume of calls Tier 2 was not taking any calls and to call back later. Just a few minutes ago he tried again, with the same response, BUT Tier 1 advised we were APPROVED just this afternoon!!!!! I actually had him call back again and ask another Tier 1 if we were approved because I needed confirmation after so long of a wait. There was a light at the end of the tunnel after all.....just didn't know how long that tunnel was going to be and for me that was the hardest part of this part of the journey.

THIS MAKES ME SO HAPPY!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.