T_P

AOS AUGUST 2018 FILERS FROM K-1 [merged threads]

1,330 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 12/3/2018 at 3:52 PM, K1visaHopeful said:

Currently EAD/AP takes about 4 to 6 months according to USCIS processing times estimates. You will be notified only when approved and the card will come in the mail.

AOS takes a heck of a lot longer and is dependent on the processing times of your local FO. After you receive the "ready to be scheduled..." notice it can take months or sometimes a year+. You will not receive any correspondence until the actual interview has been scheduled.

You can keep track of estimated pricessing times here:

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

I765 and I131 are processed at the National Benefits Centre.

I485 is processed at your local FO so you'll have to determine what that is before looking up the estimated times for your FO. You can do that here:

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices

Thanks for the info, let's hope that this comes soon.

I saw Brooklyn NY processing times are 17.5 to 31 months, is that real life?? OMG

Timeline
On 12/7/2018 at 10:12 AM, MariaUSA90 said:

I got a notification today that my interview was scheduled! 🎉🎉 can’t wait to get the notice to see when it’s gonna be 😍

That's great news, can I ask your NOA date and which office?

Timeline
On 12/3/2018 at 5:18 PM, Da&Ma said:

Hi Everyone,

I read that some of you already had the interview for the green card. I just received an invitation letter and my interview will be on Thursday the 10th of December (Boston). I will add a little review after the interview!

However, we have one questions to all people out there who already had their interview: How long does it take to receive the green card after the interview?

Thank you! :)

Greetings from Massachusetts!

Hi there, so nice to hear the good news!! Best of luck for you two.

Can I ask the NOA date and what was the processing time for Boston office. Thanks!

3 minutes ago, ana e jordan said:

That's great news, can I ask your NOA date and which office?

my noa1 date is august 6 and my field office is raleigh nc. i think it’s one of the faster ones. 

K1 timeline

08/18/2017 - I-129F sent, 08/22/2017 - I-129F NOA1, 03/16/2018 - NOA2, 05/23/2018 - Interview

05/29/2018 - VOH - pick up at US Consulate Frankfurt, 05/31/2018 - POE , 07/13/2018 - Wedding ❤️

AOS timeline

08/03/2018 - I-485/I-131/I-765 sent, 08/06/2018 - I-485/I-131/I-765 received, 08/14/2018 - NOA1 email/text message

08/13/2018 - NOA1 notice date on hard copy (in mailbox on 08/18/2018), 09/05/2018 - Biometrics appointment

11/28/2018 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview, 12/06/2018 - Interview was scheduled

01/10/2019 - AOS Interview, 01/10/2019 - Green Card approved!! ❤️, 01/19/2019 - Green Card in mailbox

EAD expedite due to financial hardship caused by hurricane florence 

09/19/2018 - requested expedite via call, 09/24/2018 - USCIS email asked proof of job offer via fax

11/28/2018 - called USCIS - apparently they never received my response via fax.. 🙄

12/06/2018 - USCIS opened my expedite request and email me asking for proof of financial loss

12/18/2018 - card is being produced, 12/19/2018 - Cases approved EAD/AP

12/24/2018 - EAD/AP approval letter in mailbox ❤️12/28/2018 - EAD/AP Combo Card in mailbox 🎉

Timeline
8 hours ago, MariaUSA90 said:

my noa1 date is august 6 and my field office is raleigh nc. i think it’s one of the faster ones. 

Thanks! That was really fast, good.luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
22 hours ago, augustfiler18 said:

Saw on another site that someone with Aug 2 PD date and no expedite was approved on Friday for EAD/AP! They said only AP status changed. EAD is still fingerprints complete. Hope we will be next!! 

This is great news!! My date is August 2. Can you share the other site where you saw this? I would love to have another place to look obsessively for approvals like I've been doing here on VJ 😂

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 12/9/2018 at 11:06 AM, ana e jordan said:

Hi there, so nice to hear the good news!! Best of luck for you two.

Can I ask the NOA date and what was the processing time for Boston office. Thanks!

Hi ana e jordan!

Our NOA date was the 30th of August. I don't know what the processing time for Boston is....how can I look that up?

Anyone out there who already received the EAD?

On 12/3/2018 at 3:52 PM, K1visaHopeful said:

Currently EAD/AP takes about 4 to 6 months according to USCIS processing times estimates. You will be notified only when approved and the card will come in the mail.

AOS takes a heck of a lot longer and is dependent on the processing times of your local FO. After you receive the "ready to be scheduled..." notice it can take months or sometimes a year+. You will not receive any correspondence until the actual interview has been scheduled.

You can keep track of estimated pricessing times here:

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

I765 and I131 are processed at the National Benefits Centre.

I485 is processed at your local FO so you'll have to determine what that is before looking up the estimated times for your FO. You can do that here:

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices

4 minutes ago, Da&Ma said:

Hi ana e jordan!

Our NOA date was the 30th of August. I don't know what the processing time for Boston is....how can I look that up?

Anyone out there who already received the EAD?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 minute ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Thanks!

For Boston it says from 7.5 to 11.5 months for the I-485 AOS. However, with having the interview on the 10th of January our case was roughly 4.5 months.

Take care!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Sent AOS in August 2018,.  Local office:Tampa, FL.

Interview on 12/6/2018.

On 12/7/18 we received the following notice via USCSI case status web site:

We certified the approval of your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, and sent it to the appropriate appellate office.

On 12/11/18 we received the following notice via USCIS web site:

Case Was Approved

On December 10, 2018, we approved your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSC##########. We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice.

Edited by Sailingdiver

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Sailingdiver said:

Sent AOS in August 2018,.  Local office:Tampa, FL.

Interview on 12/6/2018.

On 12/7/18 we received the following notice via USCSI case status web site:

We certified the approval of your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, and sent it to the appropriate appellate office.

On 12/11/18 we received the following notice via USCIS web site:

Case Was Approved

On December 10, 2018, we approved your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSC##########. We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice.

Congratulations!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.