Greenbaum

July 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,892 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Little_Vixen said:

I got mine at 200 days but I still understand how you feel. The wait is long and grueling. It is unbelievable how USCIS messes up some cases. I wonder why they are taking longer and longer again. I feel very fortunate to have gotten mine in 200 days.

Have you not been able to get a person on the phone (as in, been stuck in waiting) or have you not been able to get through at all? Some hours are very busy, phone wise. I had to wait 30 minutes to speak to someone at times. Try again between 5 and 6pm eastern time. That's their low time.

They both did not even let me get connected to someone. I'll just try again later on today.

Hey guys, I have a question, would it be okay if I’ll use my visa photos that are older than 6 months? I’ve been using them for I-129F and tourist visa already but I haven’t changed since I took them (a little over year ago) so I thought taking new ones will be waste of time. What do you think?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
4 minutes ago, MalC said:

Hey guys, I have a question, would it be okay if I’ll use my visa photos that are older than 6 months? I’ve been using them for I-129F and tourist visa already but I haven’t changed since I took them (a little over year ago) so I thought taking new ones will be waste of time. What do you think?

It depends on your embassy. The consulate in Amsterdam expressly asks for photos taken within the last 6 months

06.01.2016 met online                                                                    

06.23.2017 met in person                                                              

12.16.2017 got engaged

K1 fiance visa

12.20.2017 K1 filed

12.22.2017 NOA-1

07.10.2018 NOA-2 (200 days)

07.18.2018 case at NVC (case number available on 07.20)

7.26.2018 case at Amsterdam Consulate

7.27-2018 P3 through e-mail

08.02.2018 medical

08.14.2018 interview APPROVED 

08.21.2018 POE

08.25.2018 💕Married 💕

AOS adjustment of status and AP/EAD 

08.27.2018 filed AOS, AP and EAD

08.30.2018 NOA-1 on all 3

9.21.2018 RFE on AOS

9.28.2018 replied to RFE

10.04.2018 biometrics appointment Louisville

11.29.2018 AOS interview Indianapolis  

01.28.2019 AOS approved

ROC removal of conditions

12.7.2020 filed ROC 

1.30.2021 NOA-1

5.28.2021 existing biometrics applied (no new biometrics done)

10.27.2021 ROC approved (no interview)

Check your case status: https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov

Call USCIS: 800-375-5283 

6 minutes ago, MalC said:

Take new photos. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
On 7/27/2018 at 7:43 PM, Little_Vixen said:

Yes my medical is scheduled on the 2nd (I was sneaky and scheduled it already once I had the NVC number, haha)

Thank you for that tip! thats well worth the 28 euros!

Where can I schedule the medical once I get the NVC number? Can’t find it sorry haha

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
5 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

3. Photo - do I need to upload a passport photo if I'm doing a K-1? I'll be taking 2 to the interview and 5 to the medical lol... You can't complete the DS-160 without uploading a passport size photo.

My fiance is not very tech savvy so i will be filling up most of DS-160 for him and have him sign and print. i know he can get it the physical photos, but are we able to scan it OR just ask the photographer to give us a digital  while he's there.

AOS/EAD/AP ->: 11/29/18 - NOA1: 12/04/18

Biometric NOA:  12/14/18  Biometric Appt: 12/26/18

Case is Ready to Be Scheduled for An Interview: 1/16/19

EAD/AP approval: 3/18/19

AOS Interview Appt: 6/4/19

AOS Interview: 7/10/19

AOS Approved: 7/23/19

GREEN CARD IN HAND: 7/26/19

"It's true, we don't have it as easy as ordinary couples. But this is no ordinary love"

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey all. Another quick question here. Does it in any way help if the beneficiary takes evidence of his/her employment as well as local bank statements to the visa interview? I don't see it as a requirement but I do see where some persons have opted to take these items.

9 minutes ago, Joulie & Victor said:

My fiance is not very tech savvy so i will be filling up most of DS-160 for him and have him sign and print. i know he can get it the physical photos, but are we able to scan it OR just ask the photographer to give us a digital  while he's there.

You can do either. Scan or digital.

Do it yourself. Take the best ID Photo using one of the apps for iPhone or Android phones. Here are few of my recommendations.  ID PhotoPrint app on the iPhone and 5 Best Passport Photo Apps For Android To Print And Save Money

1. 5 Best Passport Photo apps for Android to print and save money.
2. Passport ID Photo Maker Studio.
3. Passport Size Photo Maker.
4. ID Photo Free.
5. Passport Photo Booth.
6. Passport Photo ID Studio.

Passport Picture requirements from DOS: 
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/photos.html

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
7 hours ago, Amy & John said:

Yes I received snail mail dated 6th July from the NvC saying they were forwarding it on the the Australian embassy. . I have never recieved any emails. Both uscis websites still say case recieved... we did an inquiry mid way through June and they responded with pending adjucation & zero updates till this today. Pretty devastating to be screwed around by uscis and now this as well. 

This is absolutely scandalous. I have seen this happening so much with USCIS enquiries. Apparently, a response from USCIS to any enquiry (whatever form) can only be legally completed with the petition in front of them, again regardless what stage the petition is at NVC/Embassy. My heart really goes out to you guys as you made a genuine inquiry mid-June. Not only this, you were never updated on either site so its impossible to realise you were approved. Just seems that an inquiry can never be made ironically to avoid situations like this happening. I truly hope it bounces back right to Australia for you guys. stay strong! Best of luck! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, Joulie & Victor said:

Another option may be to go to a business printing store nearby where your fiance lives. Libraries may have scanners too. I would definitely look into that too. When I was getting my photos taken for my medical/interview I asked them to email me a copy too for a small additional charge (which I used to upload onto my DS-160). Maybe he could do that and give them your email address so you can save them to your desktop? Only food for thought. I'm not tech savvy myself, Jake is on the other hand as he is a data analyst. But the email photographs once completed done just the trick. 

Best,

Jon 

Is anybody here still waiting for the NVC Welome letter? We don't want to screw uo the process. My fiancee is still waiting for that letter so we can start filing DS 260 and procuring the correct documents.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Lbto&Lbta said:

Is anybody here still waiting for the NVC Welome letter? We don't want to screw uo the process. My fiancee is still waiting for that letter so we can start filing DS 260 and procuring the correct documents.

Do you mean to know if your case is at NVC? Because I'm in the same boat. I received the hardcopy of my NOA2 on July 26th but on the letter says July 20th so I figured I'd call just in case, and I did today but phone is really busy apparently because I can't get a hold on anyone. I'll try tomorrow. I already filled out the DS 260 form though, I saved it but there's still a few things pending on there so not 100% complete. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jo&Ryan said:

Do you mean to know if your case is at NVC? Because I'm in the same boat. I received the hardcopy of my NOA2 on July 26th but on the letter says July 20th so I figured I'd call just in case, and I did today but phone is really busy apparently because I can't get a hold on anyone. I'll try tomorrow. I already filled out the DS 260 form though, I saved it but there's still a few things pending on there so not 100% complete. 

Ds260 or ds160? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, Alex876 said:

Hey all. Another quick question here. Does it in any way help if the beneficiary takes evidence of his/her employment as well as local bank statements to the visa interview? I don't see it as a requirement but I do see where some persons have opted to take these items.

The beneficiary's income has absolutely NO impact on the visa process
The burden is on the petitioner to meet the income requirements. 
So the beneficiary taking things to the interview is NOT going to help on anything. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.