Greenbaum

July 2018 NOA2 ----> NVC

1,892 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Dgaines205 said:

First off thank you to everyone for there feedback snarky or no lol. As everyone knows this process can be draining. You wait 7 months for an answer and then boom one day you get it and now you have an entirely different set of things you should do. I have a very busy job (I'm an Excutive Chef) so I try to make sure that I'm very accurate when it comes to this visa stuff. I haven't seen my fiance in over a year. AND I'm so close. I tried to start at the beginning of the thread and read everything and (after a few pages )was like let me just ask. I felt stupid when I looked up and it was right above me. But just like we all know from the previous noa1 group people do ask the same question 1000 times. And in sure Next week someone else is going to ask the same thing I did. Haha 

:wow: Your an Executive Chef! I now see how busy you are. What is your specialty? I'm curious.

Well come back anytime and ask your questions, I'm sure all the animals have been fed and so no more snarls for awhile. :jest:

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

:wow: Your an Executive Chef! I now see how busy you are. What is your specialty? I'm curious.

Well come back anytime and ask your questions, I'm sure all the animals have been fed and so no more snarls for awhile. :jest:

Well I am classically trained graduated from Le Cordon Bleu in '06and the art institute of Los Angeles in '08. So I can cook just about anything. My fiance and I owned a bakery/bistro in China and shipped bagels across China for 2 years until I came back to America to prepare for our new life. I'm currently in Atlanta so I am during more gastro pub fare. 

3 minutes ago, Dgaines205 said:

Well I am classically trained graduated from Le Cordon Bleu in '06and the art institute of Los Angeles in '08. So I can cook just about anything. My fiance and I owned a bakery/bistro in China and shipped bagels across China for 2 years until I came back to America to prepare for our new life. I'm currently in Atlanta so I am during more gastro pub fare. 

Bagels? Oy Vey my favorite comfort food. My wife is from the Philippines and when we were going through the visa process we would skype a lot and of course with a 12 hour difference there could be some mornings that I am enjoying a bagel. She asked about what I was eating and I described it to her but of course she had no idea. Once she arrived in USA I took her to have a bagel and since then she loves them and every once in awhile she'll repeat the story. :D

Anwhooo… If you have any questions just let us know. We'll try and help where we can.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Removal of Conditions

@Greenbaum or maybe anyone else can help me. I’m traveling for whole August on business trip to the US. We got our NOA2 surprisingly early and now it went through my mind that what if they’ll deny me to entry the US because they’ll suspect that I’m traveling to stay for good since I got my NOA2 approval? Fact that me and my fiancé work in the same company doesn’t help. I mean, logically thinking until I’ll get my fiancée visa, my tourist visa is still valid so I can do what I want but maybe some of you experienced any difficulties?

6 hours ago, MalC said:

@Greenbaum or maybe anyone else can help me. I’m traveling for whole August on business trip to the US. We got our NOA2 surprisingly early and now it went through my mind that what if they’ll deny me to entry the US because they’ll suspect that I’m traveling to stay for good since I got my NOA2 approval? Fact that me and my fiancé work in the same company doesn’t help. I mean, logically thinking until I’ll get my fiancée visa, my tourist visa is still valid so I can do what I want but maybe some of you experienced any difficulties?

You shouldn't have any problems entering and exiting USA while you are processing a K-1 Visa. I have heard from others like yourself that they experienced no delays or problems.

Many of our answers are predicated on the information you supply in your profile. When we look at the left column and can't determine your timeline or your Embassy it's hard for us to give you a factual answer. If you look at the profile others here, they have a flag for their country, so it makes it easy for us to reply as we can quickly determine your Embassy. Our answers will sometimes be tailored to a specific Embassy hence the reason for you to complete your profile.

So, if you could help yourself out and complete your profile sure would help us out when we want to reply to your question.

Go to the top right of this page select your name (it's on the upper right hand corner)>my profile>[below your picture on the right column] edit my profile. Scroll to the bottom and fill in "Immigration Info". There now we can better serve you.

Thanks

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

Removal of Conditions

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Good morning y'all!  We are filling out the i-134 form and was wondering if someone has an answer for us.

When looking at Section 10 Dependent Info on the I-134 form should I be entering the beneficiaries information in that section?  And that they are wholly dependent on me for support?  And relationship would be fiancee?  OR is this part referring to current dependents who are wholly dependent on them?

Thanks in advance!

5 hours ago, Jlomartin said:

Good morning y'all!  We are filling out the i-134 form and was wondering if someone has an answer for us.

When looking at Section 10 Dependent Info on the I-134 form should I be entering the beneficiaries information in that section?  And that they are wholly dependent on me for support?  And relationship would be fiancee?  OR is this part referring to current dependents who are wholly dependent on them?

Thanks in advance!

I think it's asking you, the provider of the support, whether you have dependants. I assume it just means do you have kids or parents who rely on your support in addition to the support you'll be providing for your fiancee...

Edited by ITMFA
  • 10/30/2018 POE on K-1 visa
  • 12/03/2018 Married 😍
  • 12/07/2018 Sent AOS, EAD and AP forms 
  • 12/13/2018 NOA1
  • 12/21/2018 Received Biometrics appointment letter
  • 12/26/2018 Successful walk-in biometrics 
  • 03/20/2019 USCIS online case status for I-485 changed to "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview" 
  • 06/10/2019 EAD/AP expedite request submitted with evidence through Congressman's office
  • 06/17/2019 New Card is Being Produced! (EAD)
  • 11/15/2019 Interview! Approved 4 hours later
  • 11/23/2019 Received Green Card in the mail
  • 8/19/2021 Sent Removal of Conditions form
  • 8/24/2021 Application received, NOA1
  • 10/25/2021 Received biometrics waiver (dated 10/21/21)
  • 11/22/2021 Received 24-month extension letter
  • 11/7/2022 Filed N-400 Online
  • 4/6/2023 Naturalization Interview
  • 5/12/2023 Oath Ceremony

Hi folks,

Just a few questions about the DS-160 for my k-1 if anyone has a few mins to help me out! 

1. Previous US travel: This is still stressing me out because I find different information when I search up how many visits to enter. I have a LOT of previous travel to the US, but I keep reading that some people just enter the last 5 visits...thoughts?

2. Have you ever been issued a US visa? This one is confusing because I was an F-1 student for 9 years, but as a Canadian had that "status" without ever having a "visa" in my passport. Should I say yes or no?

3. Photo - do I need to upload a passport photo if I'm doing a K-1? I'll be taking 2 to the interview and 5 to the medical lol...

Thank you! 

• 12/03/2018 Married 😍
  • 12/13/2018 NOA1
  • 03/20/2019 USCIS online case status for I-485 changed to "Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview" 
  • 06/10/2019 EAD/AP expedite request submitted with evidence through Congressman's office

Timeline
3 minutes ago, ITMFA said:

Hi folks,

Just a few questions about the DS-160 for my k-1 if anyone has a few mins to help me out! 

1. Previous US travel: This is still stressing me out because I find different information when I search up how many visits to enter. I have a LOT of previous travel to the US, but I keep reading that some people just enter the last 5 visits...thoughts?

2. Have you ever been issued a US visa? This one is confusing because I was an F-1 student for 9 years, but as a Canadian had that "status" without ever having a "visa" in my passport. Should I say yes or no?

3. Photo - do I need to upload a passport photo if I'm doing a K-1? I'll be taking 2 to the interview and 5 to the medical lol...

Thank you! 

Yes i would also like to know for that question if a B2 is considered a US visa? Since we’re Canadians we don’t have to go through the same process as others. 

3 minutes ago, Jlomartin said:

Yes i would also like to know for that question if a B2 is considered a US visa? Since we’re Canadians we don’t have to go through the same process as others. 

yeah it's a nightmare for me cause I have a stupid "B-1" stamp in my old passport from when I was working on a cruise ship and the port authority dude in Seattle didn't know how to admit me...but even that wasn't a "visa," just a passport stamp...

• 12/03/2018 Married 😍
  • 12/13/2018 NOA1

Timeline
2 hours ago, ITMFA said:

yeah it's a nightmare for me cause I have a stupid "B-1" stamp in my old passport from when I was working on a cruise ship and the port authority dude in Seattle didn't know how to admit me...but even that wasn't a "visa," just a passport stamp...

So in short our B2 is not considered a “visa”? So I’ll say no to that question lol.

3 hours ago, Jlomartin said:

So in short our B2 is not considered a “visa”? So I’ll say no to that question lol.

As far as I can tell, we don't have visas as Canadians entering for business, vacation, or as students, even though we end up with B-1, B-2, or F-1 status etc. I'm going to say no to that question. 

• 12/03/2018 Married 😍
  • 12/13/2018 NOA1

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
23 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Does this help?

Go to: https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-jm/iv/information/iv_overview - first you have to create a profile. If you haven't done so already, the beneficiary needs to complete the DS-160, upload a passport pic, e-sign and submit it. MAKE SURE TO PRINT A COPY OF THE CONFIRMATION PAGE - YOU WILL NEED IT FOR THE MEDICAL AND INTERVIEW (I would recommend printing at least 2 copies just to have a spare or even more). If you (the beneficiary) do not have the confirmation page with you during the medical exam and interview you will not be able complete the medical or interview.

After you are done with the DS-160 and creating your profile the website approve, follow the steps to schedule your interview (interview has to be scheduled first before the medical exam - only required for Jamaica). After you paid the visa fee, and scheduled the interview, make sure to print the interview confirmation as you will also need this to take with you to the medical exam and interview. If the interview date is too close for you to get everything completed, email the embassy to change the date. Keep in mind the calendar gets filled up fast and your interview has to be at least 10 before the medical exam. If you have an immunization card/record, bring that with you so that they know what vaccines/shots to give or not give. If you don't have it, that's fine, just be prepared to pay for all the required vaccines during the medical exam.

Once you have done this, go to http://www.andrewsmemorialhospital.com/ - and click on U.S. Medical Exam to schedule your medical exam. They will ask you for your interview date. Fill out the form online and submit. St. Andrews will send an email with your medical exam appointment date and time (they will schedule it based on your interview date at least 7-10 before). If you feel like you don't have enough time between the interview date and medical, you will have to call them to change the date; however, remember that your medical exam has to be completed at least 10 days before your interview so if you change the medical exam and it's not 10 prior to the interview date, you will have to change the interview date (see above)

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Medical/KNG%20-%20Kingston.pdf

You (the beneficiary) have to apply for your police record at your local police/government building (typically you can go to the one in Montego Bay - http://www.mns.gov.jm/content/how-obtain-police-record). You have to get the certificate of non-impediment at the RGD building in Montego Bay. The fast you want these forms the more expensive it cost. You have to have an original and certified copy of your Birth Certificate. You have to have your passport which is not due to expire at least 6 months.

The petitioner (US Citizen) must provide a complete  I-134 along with supporting financial documents since they will be sponsoring you - you can go to the USCIS.gov to get that information.

Letters of Intent must be updated and signed with a closer date to the interview on the letter. And you must have updated proof of ongoing relationship.

This response is very detailed and helpful. Many thanks.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
6 hours ago, ITMFA said:

Hi folks,

Would also love some insight into this. I too have a lot of previous US travel and have been advised by a few persons to only enter the last 5. The form itself though clearly says i'm to enter info on ALL previous US travel. Also, I'll probably be traveling to the US once or twice between the time that the DS-160 is submitted and when I do the actual interview. I'm not sure whether or not this will be an issue.

1 hour ago, Alex876 said:

Would also love some insight into this. I too have a lot of previous US travel and have been advised by a few persons to only enter the last 5. The form itself though clearly says i'm to enter info on ALL previous US travel. Also, I'll probably be traveling to the US once or twice between the time that the DS-160 is submitted and when I do the actual interview. I'm not sure whether or not this will be an issue.

Just found this on the FAQs page for the DS-160: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/forms/ds-160-online-nonimmigrant-visa-application/ds-160-faqs.html

"Dates of your last five visits or trips to the United States, if you have previously travelled to the United States."

still don't know what I'm gonna do lol

• 12/03/2018 Married 😍
  • 12/13/2018 NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.